Wacom Customer Support page: https://support.wacom.com/

Windows 10 Fall 2018 Update:
Updating to the newest Windows 10 Fall update? Wacom has identified a few issues within the latest update. Pan/Scroll is not working correctly in some applications. Also, Modifier Clicks do not work when assigned to pen buttons or ExpressKeys, see the screenshot below. The Wacom driver team has submitted a bug report with Microsoft for these issues and will continue to work with them until it is fixed. More information can be found here: https://www.wacom.com/en-us/support?gui ... c301868667

Mac OS 10.14 Mojave Driver Update:
Upgrading to Mac OS 10.14 Mojave? A new driver has been released. Check the Wacom Desktop Center for the update notice. However, a new Mac OSX security feature requires some additional changes to run the Wacom Driver correctly. Please see the instructions found on our support page here. Also, If you have any issues, please try a clean driver install. Follow the steps here.

Wacom Drivers:
November 2018: New driver released for Mac (Driver 6.3.31-6) with various bugfixes. Download drivers and release notes here: http://www.wacom.com/support/product-support/drivers

Inkspace App Updates: http://forum.wacom.eu/viewtopic.php?f=9&t=1949#p5742

Google Chrome - Clicking issues:
http://www.wacom.com/en-us/support?guid ... ListPage-1

Registration
Please register our products on https://www.wacom.com/register
How do I register my Wacom device?:https://www.wacom.com/en-us/support?guideTitle=How-do-I-register-my-Wacom-device%2525253F&guideId=4244ade8-634a-433c-88b4-31d83e63226c

Cintiq 24 Pro Fan Noise

Cintiq and Cintiq Pro
cocouacocoua

Re: Cintiq 24 Pro Fan Noise

Postby cocouacocoua » Wed 2. May 2018, 18:38

well, we have several 4K screens at office and none has fans, retina macbooks are 2880x1800, not far from 3840x2160, and screens are 15" super thin and quite cold, surface pro gen 5 is 13" , 2736 x 1824, again, not far from 3840x2160, AND it includes a real computer inside!! and has no fans!!!!

CP16 is 15" 3840x2160 and has 2 super noisy fans!! O_O something is missing in between.

there must be a middle point between the cold thin screens of SFP/rMBP and the super noisy thing of the CP16, there is only a 25% of extra pixels!!
OK, add an extra layer for the WACOM digitizer, then compare it with the super thin, no parallax and super cold iPad Pro!! which is 13" but again, do 25% size and resolution makes so so many difference?? or is something else? do you think if Apple would release an iPad Pro 15" it would have fans because it has 25% more pixels!!???

please, Wacom it's been far ahead from competitors in digitizer pens until a couple years ago, but many years behind competitors in screens quality, Micorsoft and Dells are working in new devices, and Apple, though in different target (real competitors imply real professional desktop apps), but iPad cylce is 18 months, Wacom devices 3-4 years, lets see what happens in 2 years from here.

Huion, Yiynova and so are still stuck with FullHD res as cheap market still there, HDMI 1.4 (4K30Mhz) even DVI are the main interfaces in the cheap market, which is the biggest, so it will need at least 2 years for those companies to come up with the "new" 4k60Mhz interfaces, we'll see then if fans are still something pen displays needs.

kangum

Postby kangum » Sun 13. May 2018, 01:36

I have the Cintiq Pro 16 and I dont think the fans are too loud. Its a perfectly tolerable level honestly. If it helps keep my hand from turning into a sweaty mess im all for it.

xLunaPx

Postby xLunaPx » Thu 17. May 2018, 20:25

My 16 barely makes any fan noise, and a lot of people at our work have them, people do tend to overexagerate on the noise though, and videos are just mic's super up close making them sound 10x louder then they actually are at times. Wacom support does suck though and any changes won't be made to current gen, thats the norm that people learn to either accept or move over to another company, only then will things change. The 24 I worked with had minimum fan noise if there was nothing else going on in the room.

I'd say just swap it out for a different one in the event the fan wasn't mounted properly. Enough RMA's would get wacom to fix something possibly.

LogicBrain

Postby LogicBrain » Sun 19. Aug 2018, 16:08

The best joke of it all. Not only is the Fan noise out of control. So we have ZERO manual Settings to control it. There is a Built in Microphone to record the FAN noise too.

When I bought this Premium Display I did not expect to hear it that loud. Since I Record I feel like this is a plain unplanned joke to whoever designed this.

Yet again it worked out of the box and I am very happy with my new Display, but that fan noise is kill-

@wacom I really do hope that this can be converted into a Manual function. Let us see the Temperature and let us regulate the Speed Cycle. and please Do not put such Cheap Fans inside such a high quality Product. Work with "beQuiet" Next time if you really put fans inside the next build. Because this is pure awful ugly noise. I paid for a 10k Rig to have no Sound in my Studio and To top it of with a 100% Guarantee Quality check. What I get in return is a lousy fan noise is in my way of recording Properly.

Good job!

Please do something.

cocouacocoua

Postby cocouacocoua » Wed 29. Aug 2018, 14:05

xLunaPx wrote:My 16 barely makes any fan noise, and a lot of people at our work have them, people do tend to overexagerate on the noise though, and videos are just mic's super up close making them sound 10x louder then they actually are at times. Wacom support does suck though and any changes won't be made to current gen, thats the norm that people learn to either accept or move over to another company, only then will things change. The 24 I worked with had minimum fan noise if there was nothing else going on in the room.

I'd say just swap it out for a different one in the event the fan wasn't mounted properly. Enough RMA's would get wacom to fix something possibly.

The one I had, the fan noise was awful with a acute whistle, the thing is I work at home, alone, with no noise from the street, and fan noise is very noticeable, I work with a Macbook Pro, it is quite most of the time (not when rendering or working with After Effects...), I can bare this sound time to time, even those time I can put some music, but cintiq 16Pro is on all time which makes the noise very annoying, so I returned it.

In a louder place it is not noticeable, though, but too much for my quite place

DonBarrum

Postby DonBarrum » Sat 1. Sep 2018, 15:39

kangum wrote:most 4k monitors have fans not just wacom. however wacom fans have certainly been louder than most others. the exception is the ultrawides that are not really 4k. People have complained about heat since wacom cintiq version 1.0. the 4k monitors need a fan anyway and help with sweaty palms too. I dont know when or if they will ever create a 4k monitor without a fan but I can say it likely wont be from wacom.

I have worked on at least 3 4K screens and never even seen a single one with a fan. Where did you read that "most" 4K monitors have fans? I never even heard of it before actually before I got the Cintiq Pro 24"

I suggested to Wacom that they should at least give us an option to dim the screen or autodim whenever you don't actively use it, so that the fan could take a break.

DonBarrum

Postby DonBarrum » Mon 3. Sep 2018, 06:59

Actually, this doesn't make any sense to me anymore. I live in Norway, its all ready quite chilling in the morning. Today when started working, my Cintiq Pro screen were actually cold to touch, within 15 mins or so, it was still NOT warm at all. but still the fans start running. Why do they need to do that Wacom? It's very annoying! Isn't this something you could improve or give users a a bit more ability to choose when the fans should kick in?

Return to “Pen Displays”