Wacom Customer Support page: https://support.wacom.com/

Windows 10 Fall 2018 Update:
Updating to the newest Windows 10 Fall update? Wacom has identified a few issues within the latest update. Pan/Scroll is not working correctly in some applications. Also, Modifier Clicks do not work when assigned to pen buttons or ExpressKeys, see the screenshot below. The Wacom driver team has submitted a bug report with Microsoft for these issues and will continue to work with them until it is fixed. More information can be found here: https://www.wacom.com/en-us/support?gui ... c301868667

Mac OS 10.14 Mojave Driver Update:
Upgrading to Mac OS 10.14 Mojave? A new driver has been released. Check the Wacom Desktop Center for the update notice. However, a new Mac OSX security feature requires some additional changes to run the Wacom Driver correctly. Please see the instructions found on our support page here. Also, If you have any issues, please try a clean driver install. Follow the steps here.

Wacom Drivers:
November 2018: New driver released for Mac (Driver 6.3.31-5) with various bugfixes. Download drivers and release notes here: http://www.wacom.com/support/product-support/drivers

Error Message: "<DNL> Lorem ipsum iunctus tabula haud diutius laboris. Est mortuus. Absentis. Kaput."
Please check: viewtopic.php?f=6&t=1888

Inkspace App Updates: http://forum.wacom.eu/viewtopic.php?f=9&t=1949#p5742

Google Chrome - Clicking issues:
http://www.wacom.com/en-us/support?guid ... ListPage-1

Registration
Please register our products on https://www.wacom.com/register
How do I register my Wacom device?:https://www.wacom.com/en-us/support?guideTitle=How-do-I-register-my-Wacom-device%2525253F&guideId=4244ade8-634a-433c-88b4-31d83e63226c

cintiq 24HD touch problems

Cintiq and Cintiq Pro
kidkameleon

cintiq 24HD touch problems

Postby kidkameleon » Wed 22. Aug 2018, 15:43

I recently bought a secondhand cintiq 24HDT for my studio.
At home I use the older 24 without touch. I thought it would be very similar.
besides the nice advantage of zooming in/out and rotating the screen with your fingers in clip studio, it has become such a pain that I'm thinking of just disabling touch all together.
it constantly registers any hand palm touch and zooms and skips all over the place etc...
I minimized the unwanted input a bit by turning off all the special multi finger input. But I'm wondering if I'm doing something wrong, or that there is something to prevent this? Other than of course never touching the screen with your hand anymore. I don't have this problem with surface pro.

Any ideas are welcome, thanks.

yariv6131

Re: cintiq 24HD touch problems

Postby yariv6131 » Thu 23. Aug 2018, 13:05

This is a driver issue that needs to be resolved. Tell wacom about it. Go to an older driver.

kidkameleon

Postby kidkameleon » Mon 3. Sep 2018, 15:01

yariv6131 wrote:This is a driver issue that needs to be resolved. Tell wacom about it. Go to an older driver.

I did tell them and never got any answer.
I tried several drivers, but no success.
Do you know which older driver works?

I've disabled touch completely at the moment because it made the cintiq unusable.

Thanks

yariv6131

Postby yariv6131 » Wed 5. Sep 2018, 11:52

6.3.29-6 works just fine. I think a 2017 driver would work fine too.

What are you using just clipstudio. try corel painter and or photoshop see if it does it. Not every piece of software plays nicely with touch.

What platform are you on.

kidkameleon

Postby kidkameleon » Wed 5. Sep 2018, 12:05

yariv6131 wrote:6.3.29-6 works just fine. I think a 2017 driver would work fine too.

What are you using just clipstudio. try corel painter and or photoshop see if it does it. Not every piece of software plays nicely with touch.

What platform are you on.

Thanks, I'll try it tomorrow.
I only use clip studio ATM.
I'm running windows 10.

rimasalb

Postby rimasalb » Wed 5. Sep 2018, 13:05

Dear Wacom team, dear @kidkameleon

i would like to underline this issiue which kidkameleon mentioned. I have this problems since day one i got my new cintiq 24hd touch back in 2014!

the touch-function doesn't work well with any program or any drivers. it's really really really annoying and sad. i would like to say it drives me crazy...
we paid over 3400 Euros for this product and it doesn't work well!! i have disabled the touch function, too. I have a windows 10, gtx 960 and 32GB RAM. The power is not the problem. I got no response from the support, too. i try to solve this problem since 4 years. I am thinking to get in touch with a lawyer...
please wacom...HELP!

rimasalb

Postby rimasalb » Wed 5. Sep 2018, 13:14

The touch troubles consists with the following programs:

adobe cc
clip studio paint
Sketchbook pro

the touch function works pretty well with:
mischief

i just can not repeat it as much as possible:
i have payed 3500 Eu 4 years ago. It still doesn't work...

kidkameleon

Postby kidkameleon » Thu 6. Sep 2018, 08:47

rimasalb wrote:The touch troubles consists with the following programs:

adobe cc
clip studio paint
Sketchbook pro

the touch function works pretty well with:
mischief

i just can not repeat it as much as possible:
i have payed 3500 Eu 4 years ago. It still doesn't work...

You are right to be angry.
It's unacceptable. Since the driver change didn't work, I will also have to keep it turned off.
Luckily, the secondhand version I bought wasn't more expensive than the second hand 24HDs without touch.
Probably because the owners had the same problems with them.
The problems seem to consist within the hand palm recognition, or lack there off.
I know other companies put a lot of effort in making screens recognize the difference between a hand palm and fingers,
and I'm guessing it's here that wacom failed.

PS, I had never heard of mischief, but I'm not gonna switch just for wacom 's sake :) Might try the demo if I have time.

rimasalb

Postby rimasalb » Thu 6. Sep 2018, 11:13

Maybe this will help you:

Open Windows settings, and then devices, Pen and Windows Ink and enabled palm rejection .

See if this helps.

kidkameleon

Postby kidkameleon » Fri 7. Sep 2018, 13:37

rimasalb wrote:Maybe this will help you:

Open Windows settings, and then devices, Pen and Windows Ink and enabled palm rejection .

See if this helps.

I presume you mean 'ignore touch input when I'm using the pen' ?

That does make it a lot better, but it still remains bad.

But I can't find a setting to enable palm rejection.

Return to “Pen Displays”