Wacom Customer Support page: https://support.wacom.com/

Cintiq Pro 24 - Fan Speed:
A firmware update was released that should allow you to adjust the fan speed. Please see: here

Windows 10 Fall 2018 Update:
Updating to the newest Windows 10 Fall update? Wacom has identified a few issues within the latest update. Pan/Scroll is not working correctly in some applications. Also, Modifier Clicks do not work when assigned to pen buttons or ExpressKeys, see the screenshot below. The Wacom driver team has submitted a bug report with Microsoft for these issues and will continue to work with them until it is fixed. More information can be found here: here

Mac OS 10.14 Mojave:
Upgrading to Mac OS 10.14 Mojave? A new Mac OSX security feature requires some additional changes to run the Wacom Driver correctly. Please see the instructions found on our support page here. Also, If you have any issues, please try a clean driver install. Follow the steps here.

Wacom Drivers:
December 2018: New driver released for Windows (6.3.32-3) and Mac (6.3.32-3). Download drivers and release notes here: http://www.wacom.com/support/product-support/drivers

Inkspace App Updates: http://forum.wacom.eu/viewtopic.php?f=9&t=1949#p5742

Google Chrome Why is Google Chrome not accepting clicks or is lagging?

Registration
Please register our products on https://www.wacom.com/register
How do I register my Wacom device?

Cintiq 4K Pro 32 Fan noise?

Cintiq and Cintiq Pro
satoer

Cintiq 4K Pro 32 Fan noise?

Postby satoer » Fri 16. Nov 2018, 12:26

Finally after 4 years waiting the 32inch 4k Cintiq pro finally came out. Just before I want to order it I looked at some reviews of the 24. Turns out the 24 pro has a loud fan inside it? What’s up with that? Why does it need a fan. My other 4K monitors and Wacom tablets don’t need a fan. Even my old Cintiq is silent.

I hate fan noise, especially those small laptop blowers. I have a completely silent workspace. The heavy desktop computers I work with, are all in a separate room. Does the 32 Cintiq pro also has a fan? Is it hearable on 100% brightness? This would be such a bummer.

Does the new 4K Cintiq pro 32 has a build in fan?
Last edited by satoer on Tue 20. Nov 2018, 20:02, edited 1 time in total.

wacom5

Re: Cintiq 4K Pro 32 Fan noise?

Postby wacom5 » Mon 19. Nov 2018, 12:56

The Cintiq Pro 32 inch does have fans. The fans keep the device running at an ideal temperature. I have been using a Cintiq Pro 32 and I have not noticed any fan noise. We are working in a quiet office space. I am using the brightness setting at 92 to reduce eye strain but I'm sure I can bump it to 100 without hearing any fan noise. I can only hear some faint noise when I get my ear directly above the exhaust vents. Comparing to the Cintiq Pro 24, since this is a larger device, there is more space for air to circulate which seems to help keep the fans work to a minimum.

PGross1

Postby PGross1 » Mon 19. Nov 2018, 23:40

I was worried about that too--but the noise is very minimal. I've only heard the fan come on twice--and both times it was when I wasn't even working on the Cintiq.

Weirdly, it does get warmest right in the center where you might work most. My 27 got warm up on top where I didn't use it much. It's nice now in cold Minnesota, but might be a little annoying on hot summer days.

cocouacocoua

Postby cocouacocoua » Wed 21. Nov 2018, 16:35

I had the cintiq pro 16 in my super quite studio and I had to return it because the fan noise, there was a constant fan noise running and a whistle when heavy fan workload, brightness never at 100% but around 80-90%

I work with a Macbook pro, and fan noise of the cintiq was louder and constant, pretty sure because the fan is much closer to your head than the macbook, anyway, the problem was there, I dont know if the extremely thinnes of the product makes the need of the fan, or is just something you can't avoid from a technical POV... on the other hand you have the iPad Pro, which is thinner than a pen, it has a SOC and a battery inside and the pen behaviour is outstanding... fanless, acceptable temperature to work long hours...

I guess there should be something in between

Return to “Pen Displays”