Wacom Customer Support page: https://support.wacom.com/

Cintiq Pro 24 - Fan Speed:
A firmware update was released that should allow you to adjust the fan speed. Please see: here

Windows 10 Fall 2018 Update:
Updating to the newest Windows 10 Fall update? Wacom has identified a few issues within the latest update. Pan/Scroll is not working correctly in some applications. Also, Modifier Clicks do not work when assigned to pen buttons or ExpressKeys, see the screenshot below. The Wacom driver team has submitted a bug report with Microsoft for these issues and will continue to work with them until it is fixed. More information can be found here: here

Mac OS 10.14 Mojave:
Upgrading to Mac OS 10.14 Mojave? A new Mac OSX security feature requires some additional changes to run the Wacom Driver correctly. Please see the instructions found on our support page here. Also, If you have any issues, please try a clean driver install. Follow the steps here.

Wacom Drivers:
December 2018: New driver released for Windows (6.3.32-3) and Mac (6.3.32-3). Download drivers and release notes here: http://www.wacom.com/support/product-support/drivers

Inkspace App Updates: http://forum.wacom.eu/viewtopic.php?f=9&t=1949#p5742

Google Chrome Why is Google Chrome not accepting clicks or is lagging?

Registration
Please register our products on https://www.wacom.com/register
How do I register my Wacom device?

Really Need an advice for cintiq pro 16 (Mac user)

Cintiq and Cintiq Pro
MinnaMi

Really Need an advice for cintiq pro 16 (Mac user)

Postby MinnaMi » Sun 18. Nov 2018, 05:20

Hi guys,
I really need an advice since I'm about to pull a trigger and buy my first cintiq. I use MacBook pro 15" late 2013 integrated Intel graphic card thunderbolt 2 .

My main concern for the product (from what I have been researching for sometime) are the line issue, lag, fan noise and heat . Another part is about compatibility with my MacBook pro model and Photoshop cs6 (which I primary use for digital art). Can I push cintiq 16 to 4k 60? (With new Wacom link plus)

If there are still many problems for cintiq pro 16. Would you recommend that I should rather go for pro 13 instead since there seems no problem at all and save 700 euro.

Thank you very much for your time. I don't want to buy and return it just because it is not working on the part that i don't know the product well.

If anyone has an answer or any suggestions please kindly comment. Iwould be highly appreciate.

Minna

wacom5

Re: Really Need an advice for cintiq pro 16 (Mac user)

Postby wacom5 » Mon 19. Nov 2018, 12:38

It should work. I use a MacBook Pro 2012 for device testing and it works really well. You should have no problem reaching 4k @ 60 fps if your Mac is able to support it as well. PS CS6 is a bit outdated and no longer receiving updates from Adobe (as far as I know) but it should also work fine.

MinnaMi

Postby MinnaMi » Mon 19. Nov 2018, 13:58

Thank you very much Wacom for a prompt reply. Im very happy to hear that.
^_^

freedomeagle

Postby freedomeagle » Mon 19. Nov 2018, 18:13

In answer to your other questions:

The line issue has been fixed.

The fan noise is only noticeable in a quiet room. It isn't very noisy.

The tablet doesn't get too hot. In summer, all Cintiqs are a little less comfortable to use. I have a small desk fan that I point over the surface of the tablet in the hottest months.

The 16-inch Cintiq is much nicer to use than the 13-inch. The extra space is worth it.

MinnaMi

Postby MinnaMi » Mon 19. Nov 2018, 21:28

Thank you very much for answering me Freedomeagle.
For the size, I totally agree with you and lean a lot toward 16 model. I do prefer to work on 15 inch MacBook pro rather than 13. I assume the same preference could be apply for pen display tablet. However it just the issues from reviews I have come across that does make me think more than twice.
It's my first pen display tablet lol.

Return to “Pen Displays”