Wacom Customer Support page: https://support.wacom.com/
Wacom Product Resources - Drivers, Manuals, Warranty Information & Others

Pen not working after Mac OSX update June 2019:
http://forum.wacom.eu/viewtopic.php?f=11&t=4011

Why is the cursor on Windows a white dot or crosshairs?
http://forum.wacom.eu/viewtopic.php?f=11&t=4013#p8912

Mac OS 10.15 Catalina Beta:
https://www.wacom.com/en-us/support?guideId=015-916

Product Registration:
Please register our products on https://www.wacom.com/register
How do I register my Wacom device?

Drawing software:
If you wondering which software to choose, check the trial versions below:

Where’s the Cintiq pro 32 fan speed option?

Cintiq and Cintiq Pro
satoer

Where’s the Cintiq pro 32 fan speed option?

Postby satoer » Fri 28. Dec 2018, 11:48

The one thing of holding me back buying the Cintiq pro 32 was the fan noise. But I was informed I could disable the fan’s in the new firmware. With this great news I bought the new Cintiq pro 32. And as expected the fan noise annoys me big time (I have a completely silent workspace). Even on 50% brightness the fans are audible. Installed the latest firmware:
Driver: 6.3.32-4
Firmware: 1.7.0
Wacom Display settings: 1.2.16

…and look for the option to disable the fan’s. Somehow I can’t find it?
This is a picture of the support help, and below is a picture of my settings (in Dutch). The fan speed option is not available. Where do I need to look?

worldclock2017

Re: Where’s the Cintiq pro 32 fan speed option?

Postby worldclock2017 » Mon 31. Dec 2018, 01:12

turning off the fans is going to cause the Cintiq to eventually overheat and become damaged. I can't see Wacom allowing a feature to turn them off completely.

Fan noise might be something users are going to have to live with unfortunately.

SimonCS

Postby SimonCS » Mon 31. Dec 2018, 02:44

worldclock2017 wrote:turning off the fans is going to cause the Cintiq to eventually overheat and become damaged. I can't see Wacom allowing a feature to turn them off completely.

Fan noise might be something users are going to have to live with unfortunately.

But they did allow to lower the fans speed, and even just recently I got told that the feature was still supposed to be there.

I'm not even sure if the fans are there so much to protect the tablet's component as much as to stop the glass you're drawing on from becoming too warm to the touch...

worldclock2017

Postby worldclock2017 » Mon 31. Dec 2018, 22:39

Are you looking to lower the fan speed or turn off the fans completely?

the picture you attached shows that you can still lower the fan speed.

But there is no option to turn them off. It doesn't look like there ever was.

As of right now the best you can do is lower them, like I said I doubt Wacom will allow anyone to turn them off completely due to possible equipment overheating/failure.

satoer

Postby satoer » Tue 1. Jan 2019, 12:09

worldclock2017 wrote:Are you looking to lower the fan speed or turn off the fans completely?

the picture you attached shows that you can still lower the fan speed.

But there is no option to turn them off. It doesn't look like there ever was.

As of right now the best you can do is lower them, like I said I doubt Wacom will allow anyone to turn them off completely due to possible equipment overheating/failure.

Even lower the fan speed would be a nice start. But that's not even possible in the configuration settings. Above picture is the picture Wacom provided on their support site. Below above image is the option's I got in the same configuration window for the Cintiq 32 pro I got.

wacom5

Postby wacom5 » Wed 2. Jan 2019, 10:56

satoer wrote:The one thing of holding me back buying the Cintiq pro 32 was the fan noise. But I was informed I could disable the fan’s in the new firmware. With this great news I bought the new Cintiq pro 32. And as expected the fan noise annoys me big time (I have a completely silent workspace). Even on 50% brightness the fans are audible. Installed the latest firmware:
Driver: 6.3.32-4
Firmware: 1.7.0
Wacom Display settings: 1.2.16

…and look for the option to disable the fan’s. Somehow I can’t find it?
This is a picture of the support help, and below is a picture of my settings (in Dutch). The fan speed option is not available. Where do I need to look?
(...)

The option to lower the Fan speed is for the Cintiq Pro 24 only which was considerably loud in some case. This is has not been the case for the 32" version. There is no option to lower the fan-speed or any plans to make this available. If you find your device is making more noise than you would expect, please contact our support:https://support.wacom.com

satoer

Postby satoer » Sat 5. Jan 2019, 16:52

The only thing Support can do is add the option for the 32. I don't expect the Cintiq is faulty. It's just a audible fan noise. In my silent room you can hear it from meters away. It's a constant annoying blowing sound. Especially when working on it and I'm on top of it.

Please Wacom, make this option available for the 32 to. Just read the online reviews or watch the youtube reviews. I'm not the only one complaining. I really don't care about a warm surface. My 21UX became way warmer than this.

I just don't understand why it needs a fan. I have several 4K screens that don't need a fan. Digitisers don't need a fan... Even the latest iPad pro doesn't need a fan, and that even contains a complete fast computer in a way smaller package. This is such a dealbreaker, for a great product. I really bought it with the knowledge I could make it more silent with the new firmware.

worldclock2017

Postby worldclock2017 » Mon 7. Jan 2019, 00:12

just a guess but it's probably because they can't do it. if they allow you to turn off the fans on the 32" in the drivers, then they could be liable for damage should it actually overheat and fail. it would be like a car manufacturer including a button to flatten your tires when driving 100 miles/hour on the highway. there's no way they can include a feature which will damage the unit. again, that's just my guess. the 24" is a lot smaller so maybe it can be done on those units but with something so much bigger it's likely not a wise thing to try.

just hope they don't release another 32" a year from now with different technology that boasts "no fans", meanwhile leaving all these current users who paid well over 4 grand for this product in the dust.

maybe there is a way to muffle the noise? a towel or a drape of some kind wrapped under the unit?

wacom5

Postby wacom5 » Mon 7. Jan 2019, 11:21

As far as it has been observed, this is not needed for the Cintiq Pro 32. I have not seen any user complaining about fan noise aside from this thread. I work with a Cintiq Pro 32 for 8 hours a day, 40 hours a week and have never heard the fans whirl. I need to get my hear next to the exhausts to be able to hear it.

Obviously, if this becomes needed down the line, we will do what we can to address this issue, but right now, there is no reason for concern.

Return to “Pen Displays”