Wacom Customer Support page: https://support.wacom.com/

Product Registration:
Please register our products on https://www.wacom.com/register
How do I register my Wacom device?

Drawing software:
If you are not able to register, please use the trial version of the software below and try to register again at a later date.

Wacom Drivers:
December 2018: New driver released for Windows (6.3.32-4) and Mac (6.3.32-3). Download drivers and release notes here: http://www.wacom.com/support/product-support/drivers

Windows 10 Fall 2018 Update:
Updating to the newest Windows 10 Fall update? Wacom has identified a few issues within the latest update. Pan/Scroll is not working correctly in some applications. Also, Modifier Clicks do not work when assigned to pen buttons or ExpressKeys, see the screenshot below. The Wacom driver team has submitted a bug report with Microsoft for these issues and will continue to work with them until it is fixed. More information can be found here: here

Mac OS 10.14 Mojave:
Upgrading to Mac OS 10.14 Mojave? A new Mac OSX security feature requires some additional changes to run the Wacom Driver correctly. Please see the instructions found on our support page here. Also, If you have any issues, please try a clean driver install. Follow the steps here.

Removing the Anti-Glare/Etched Glass coating on Cintiq Pro 16"

Cintiq and Cintiq Pro
morelightning

Removing the Anti-Glare/Etched Glass coating on Cintiq Pro 16"

Postby morelightning » Sat 26. Jan 2019, 02:27

If I take an Xacto knife to the corners, will the anti-glare/etched glass come off?

The coating on the Cintiq is like dipping your eyes in acid. I don't care about the surface feeling like paper.

So can someone at wacom confirm if it will come off if I try really hard, and about how thick is that layer?

Rocketboots

Re: Removing the Anti-Glare/Etched Glass coating on Cintiq Pro 16"

Postby Rocketboots » Sat 26. Jan 2019, 14:43

The display is "optically bonded" to the glass, which as I understand it means the LCD, and the glass are glued together. So you'll probably just damage the display.

Here's an expansion of optical bonding:
https://www.eizoglobal.com/library/basi ... index.html

Your best bet is probably trying to find a matte screen protector.

Hope that helps!

morelightning

Postby morelightning » Sat 26. Jan 2019, 19:16

Do you mean that a matte screen protector would cancel out the rainbow grainy shimmering that comes from the etched glass?

I found this on amazon, but it has no reviews: https://www.amazon.com/Screen-Protector ... B074NYWFN9

Rocketboots

Postby Rocketboots » Sun 27. Jan 2019, 00:19

I'm not sure what "rainbow grainy shimmering" means, is it something you can take a pic of to make sure we're on the same page?

Yes, that was my thinking. However I'd try and find some reviews / other brands with reviews. You could also try sending a DM to Frenden on twitter - he's very knowledgeable about most things tablet related.

morelightning

Postby morelightning » Sun 27. Jan 2019, 02:27

I don't have a camera on me at the moment, but as I understand the phenomena it comes from the light bending at angles through the bumpy etched glass layer, so that ever pixel is behind a million bumpy prisms that create color aberration, and as you move your head, the angle changes creating a shimmering fluctuation of prism colors.

I ordered that screen protector, it should arrive on Monday, and I will write back here if it helped or not. The only other one I saw with reviews isn't worth discussing because it was a bad product in another sense.

I'll try reaching out to this Frenden guy too, thanks for the referral.

wacom5

Postby wacom5 » Mon 28. Jan 2019, 10:15

morelightning wrote:If I take an Xacto knife to the corners, will the anti-glare/etched glass come off?

The coating on the Cintiq is like dipping your eyes in acid. I don't care about the surface feeling like paper.

So can someone at wacom confirm if it will come off if I try really hard, and about how thick is that layer?

This would immediately void the warranty of the device. I highly advise against trying this.

morelightning

Postby morelightning » Tue 29. Jan 2019, 00:20

Sigh, the matte screen protector does not help, it massively makes it worse.

wacom5

Postby wacom5 » Tue 29. Jan 2019, 09:09

I'm very sorry you don't like it. We can share this feedback with the team and check for improvements in future generations.

Return to “Pen Displays”