New driver posting for Mac and Windows. The 6.3.24 driver has an updated user help section and bug fixes including issues related to assigning and entering keystrokes, such as Esc and Shift. Download here: http://www.wacom.com/support/product-support/drivers

For more details see the driver release notes on the driver download page.

Note: All users seeing wavy lines using a Wacom Pro Pen 2 with Wacom MSP, Cintiq/Intuos Pro 13” or 16”, please update the tablet pen firmware to address this issue. The update is now available via the Wacom Desktop Center application on your computer.

Apple announced that 10.13 High Sierra will be released on Sep 25th. Wacom is currently working on a driver update to support this OS and will be ready by late Oct. Please note that the existing Wacom driver for 10.12 will NOT work so we suggest not to upgrade to OS 10.13 until the new driver is released.
To learn more, visit: http://www.wacom.com/en-us/support?guid ... ListPage-1

For clicking problems with Google Chrome see:
http://www.wacom.com/en-us/support?guid ... ListPage-1

Hardware connectivity issue to new Touch Bar MacBook Pro 2016

Cintiq and Cintiq Pro
pgglwggl

Hardware connectivity issue to new Touch Bar MacBook Pro 2016

Postby pgglwggl » Mon 23. Jan 2017, 17:07

Hi,

My question to all those with a Touch Bar MacBook Pro 2016: which adapter (brand, precise model) do you use to connect your Cintiq to the new Thunderbolt 3 port?

Background: I have a Wacom Cintiq 22HD touch which I used on my old MacBook Pro via a Mini DisplayPort to DVI Adapter. Apple does not make a direct DVI to Thunderbolt 3 adapter, so with the new MacBook Pro (late 2016) I am forced to daisy chain further. I bought the standard Apple Thunderbolt 2 -> 3 adapter, which didn’t work: the computer recognises the presence of the Cintiq, but I cannot get the Cintiq to detect image input.

Does anyone have a solution to this problem?

embe2020

Re: Hardware connectivity issue to new Touch Bar MacBook Pro 2016

Postby embe2020 » Thu 26. Jan 2017, 03:52

Exact same problem.. I bought the Thunderbolt 2 - 3 connector, just expecting this to work...
I've heard that the HDMI connector will work, but can we please get something official from Wacom on this?

embe2020

Postby embe2020 » Mon 30. Jan 2017, 19:27

I can now confirm that the apple USB-C Digital AV Multiport Adapter will work... great thing is you can plug in both there hdmi and usb Cale into the same port and have only one usb-c slot taken up.

HealthyFruitSalads

Postby HealthyFruitSalads » Wed 1. Feb 2017, 03:30

Just connect it with a USB type C cable you do not need anything else.

pgglwggl

Postby pgglwggl » Wed 1. Feb 2017, 09:47

embe2020 wrote:I can now confirm that the apple USB-C Digital AV Multiport Adapter will work... great thing is you can plug in both there hdmi and usb Cale into the same port and have only one usb-c slot taken up.

Thank you embe2020 for the responses. However, I've got a DVI connector not an HDMI on the Cintiq, so may I just check: what exactly are you daisy chaining?

For example, I could get the Apple DVI to HDMI Adapter, then plug in the USB and the HDMI into the Apple USB-C Digital AV Multiport Adapter like you said. Is this what you have?

I ask because there have been reports about daisy chaining of multiple adapters not working, and I know that some Cintiq-s have an HDMI connection to begin with. Is yours also a 22HD?

Thanks!

embe2020

Postby embe2020 » Sat 4. Feb 2017, 02:49

HealthyFruitSalads wrote:Just connect it with a USB type C cable you do not need anything else.

Neither the 22hd or 27qhd has an input for the usb-c... so yes, unfortunately, you would need something else...

embe2020

Postby embe2020 » Sat 4. Feb 2017, 02:53

pgglwggl wrote:
embe2020 wrote:I can now confirm that the apple USB-C Digital AV Multiport Adapter will work... great thing is you can plug in both there hdmi and usb Cale into the same port and have only one usb-c slot taken up.

Thank you embe2020 for the responses. However, I've got a DVI connector not an HDMI on the Cintiq, so may I just check: what exactly are you daisy chaining?

For example, I could get the Apple DVI to HDMI Adapter, then plug in the USB and the HDMI into the Apple USB-C Digital AV Multiport Adapter like you said. Is this what you have?

I ask because there have been reports about daisy chaining of multiple adapters not working, and I know that some Cintiq-s have an HDMI connection to begin with. Is yours also a 22HD?

Thanks!

Sorry, right, you have the 22hd.
Looks like you might need the wacom hdmi to vga adapter, and then the apple vga multi port adapter... I don't think apple sells a dvi adapter for usb-c... just looked, nope they don't.

embe2020

Postby embe2020 » Sat 4. Feb 2017, 02:57

pgglwggl wrote:

Thanks!

Seriously, I think the better option is to just sell the 22hd, and get the 27qhd... Kind of half joking here, but with the cost difference (at least in Canada here) being around 20%, you're going to have a much better experience with your new Touch Bar Mac... I mean really, VGA???

ahawkes

Postby ahawkes » Fri 14. Jul 2017, 17:25

I have successfully attached a Cintiq 22HD to a new Touchbar MacBook Pro 15 using only this USB-C multi-port adapter / breakout box from Synergy I got for $60US at Amazon:

Cynergy USB C mini Docking Station USB 3.1 DVI and Ethernet Multiport Adapter with USB C Power Delivery for Charging and USB 3.0 Hub for Macbook 12" with Retina Display and Google Chromebook Pixel

https://www.amazon.com/Cynergy-Ethernet ... B01JO42O1A

If you don't need the ethernet port, the cheaper version may work, but I have not tested it myself: https://www.amazon.com/gp/product/B018IKKX46

Return to “Pen Displays”