New driver posted for Mac, version 6.3.25 now supporting OSX High Sierra. Windows driver is still 6.3.24. Download drivers and release notes here: http://www.wacom.com/support/product-support/drivers

Note: All users seeing wavy lines using a Wacom Pro Pen 2 with Wacom MSP, Cintiq/Intuos Pro 13” or 16”, please update the tablet pen firmware to address this issue. The update is now available via the Wacom Desktop Center application on your computer.

For clicking problems with Google Chrome see:
http://www.wacom.com/en-us/support?guid ... ListPage-1

mac os sierra drivers. still strangely awful

Cintiq and Cintiq Pro
genericusername

mac os sierra drivers. still strangely awful

Postby genericusername » Wed 14. Dec 2016, 00:32

hi, i'm running a cintiq 22hd on a mac pro and every driver issued so far seems to be fatally flawed. WacomTablet_6.3.15-3 worked flawlessly in the previous mac os, but after the sierra update it draws jaggedly in anything but 100% zoom in photoshop.

the actual sierra drivers solved the jagged drawing but have had a recurring issue with sticking modifier keys which makes working in photoshop very taxing .

the latest driver (WacomTablet_6.3.19-6) seems to be trying to solve this by overriding all modifiers sent from the keyboard, PLUS its returned the jagged drawing bug from 6.3.15-3!

am i the only one suffering like this? are the drivers fine for everyone else? is there a fix ever coming?
thank you.

PGross1

Re: mac os sierra drivers. still strangely awful

Postby PGross1 » Fri 16. Dec 2016, 03:41

Upgraded to the new driver today and it was unusable with Clip Studio Paint. Overtime I used undo on the expressKeys Remote CSP would also cycle between tools. And like a fool, I forgot to check which driver I had on before that was working well. Couldn't find the one that worked on the download site. Finally restored my whole system from time machine and working fine now. The driver I had that is working well with CSP is 6.3.18-4. That was the only driver I used in last 2 years that let touch work properly on my Cintiq. Checking on the support site, that driver isn't listed in the cintiq section, but is in the intuos one. You might want to try it.

genericusername

Postby genericusername » Fri 16. Dec 2016, 09:08

PGross1 wrote:Upgraded to the new driver today and it was unusable with Clip Studio Paint. Overtime I used undo on the expressKeys Remote CSP would also cycle between tools. And like a fool, I forgot to check which driver I had on before that was working well. Couldn't find the one that worked on the download site. Finally restored my whole system from time machine and working fine now. The driver I had that is working well with CSP is 6.3.18-4. That was the only driver I used in last 2 years that let touch work properly on my Cintiq. Checking on the support site, that driver isn't listed in the cintiq section, but is in the intuos one. You might want to try it.

hey cheers, i keep all the dmg's of wacom drivers on file because i've learned how this goes! all the 6.3.18 , 6.3.17, and 6.3.16 series drivers had the sticky keys for me (and one of them had a double click bug i think) nothing in Sierra has worked fully, tho.

6.3.19 is driving people crazy, not a great way to encourage people to invest in new wacom hardware when alternatives are becoming available.

and to top it off my cintiq companion 1 has stopped charging AGAIN so that's another return

my employers don't care about my problems and i don't care about wacom's, just fix this please!

PGross1

Postby PGross1 » Fri 23. Dec 2016, 23:13

6.3.19-9 driver is up on support site and seems to be working well with ClipStudio on 10.12.1. loading prefs from previous driver caused problems, but doing all the setting from scratch is working. Bit of a pain to have to do all the expresskeys and on screen menus over with every new driver.

I tried upgrading to 10.12.2 last week and had so many problems with previous drivers that I had to roll back to 10.12.1. If anyone has success with newest driver and 10.12.2 please let us know!

ScotSolida

Postby ScotSolida » Sat 24. Dec 2016, 00:06

PGross1 wrote:6.3.19-9 driver is up on support site and seems to be working well with ClipStudio on 10.12.1.

Where are you finding this driver? I only see 6.3.19-6? (which is, so far, working for me on 10.12.2, but I have admittedly only given it a cursory once-over)

PGross1

Postby PGross1 » Sat 24. Dec 2016, 00:54

I spoke too soon. After using it for an hour one of the remotes modifier keys completely crashed the driver and froze the pen. Another fail of a driver for me.

It's up on the US support site. Maybe it works with everything but Clip Studio, but I doubt it.

ScotSolida

Postby ScotSolida » Sat 24. Dec 2016, 01:34

Okay, now this is strange. The driver listed on the US site says it's 16.3.19-6 and it gives today's date. However, Wacom Desktop Center says I am up-to-date and lists this same driver. The thing is, I haven't installed a driver for a couple of days. Weird! And worse, my Touch isn't working properly yet again (cursor reacts on the wrong screen), so it's obvious that the new driver was installed. Was this an automatic installation? That would not be cool at all, given the quirkiness and unpredictability of Wacom's drivers.

(Addendum: I removed the new driver and software completely using the Wacom Tablet Utility, restarted and then ran the 16.3.19-6 driver installer again and now Touch is working properly. What a pain, though, this constant uninstalling and reinstalling. This is the only software or hardware device I have - and I have many - that requires this sort of constant hassle)

PGross1

Postby PGross1 » Sat 24. Dec 2016, 02:29

Mine says 6.3.19-9. Maybe they pulled it off or renamed it?

I isolated my crashing in ClipStudio to remote key or on screen menu using Command z as undo. Every time a wacom device sends that command the driver freezes. I added Command y as an additional undo shortcut in CSP and remapped the wacom commands to that and it's working. I can still use command z with regular keyboard (or command y).

Command z remote key doesn't crash in photoshop. So maybe it's a bug in CSP. I'm going to keep using 6.3.19-9 until it causes more trouble.

PGross1

Postby PGross1 » Sat 24. Dec 2016, 03:12

More crashes when using modifier keys with the remote, so uninstalled that driver and put it with the mountainous heap of failed wacom drivers.

Back to 6.3.18-4 on OS 10.12.1. Its the only driver I've ever gotten to work right with touch on my 27QHDT, but it's wonky if I upgrade to OS 10.12.2.

goddard

Postby goddard » Sat 24. Dec 2016, 03:30

PLEASE, this is terrible, I'm now forced to choose between two bugs. Either jagged brush strokes or sticky modifier keys. I've tried every single driver for Sierra, and they each have a terrible thing. Wacom direct money to your driver department, or no one will buy your new products! I'm using a Mac Pro 2013.

Return to “Pen Displays”