NEW tablet driver 6.3.22-3 for OSX released. For release notes use the link below the driver on the download page. Problem mit modifiers on keyboard getting stuck was fixed.

Laste version for for Windows 6.3.21-10: Fixed several problems related to touch on display tablets. Last update for an issue with transferring paper sketches or sketching in Inkspace

mac os sierra drivers. still strangely awful

Cintiq and Cintiq Pro
PGross1

Re: mac os sierra drivers. still strangely awful

Postby PGross1 » Tue 27. Dec 2016, 23:29

6.3.19-10 driver installed(OS 10.12.1) after deleting old prefs and driver. Redid remote settings from scratch, and immediate driver crash as soon as I used a modifier key on the remote in ClipStudio and Photoshop CS5. Do you even test these things Wacom? Another hour wasted on your horrible drivers. Hard to justify spending thousands of dollars on your products when you can't even supply a driver that works with them.

PGross1

Postby PGross1 » Thu 5. Jan 2017, 08:46

Driver 6.3.20-4 on OS X 10.12.1. Driver crashes in every program as soon as I use modifier keys on the remote.Removed driver and prefs and re-installed. Crash again. Unusable.

daveman

Postby daveman » Mon 9. Jan 2017, 17:25

Not the money worth! Wacom, this is a pro tool, so correct the drivers asap.
Pro Users can´t wait weeks, cause my client don´t care about it.

bellevuefineart

Postby bellevuefineart » Wed 11. Jan 2017, 06:24

I am also having massive issues with the Cintiq 27QHD on Sierra. When using the pencil tool in Photoshop CC 2017 the pen will stop working. There seems to be no way to get it back except to reboot. Every time I reboot the monitors (I have two) switch positions. I'll draw for a bit, and then the Cintiq crashes again. In other words the pen stops working. It seems to be related to the EK remote. Sometimes though I'll just be drawing and it quits. It's rendered my Cintiq unusable. i also have an issue where when I move an image window around, part of it turns black. Below are my specs.

Mac Pro (Late 2013) Sierra 10.12.2
Proc: 3.5Ghz 6-Core Intel Xeon E5
Memory: 64 GB 1866 Mhz DDR3
Graphics: AMD Firepro D700 6144 MB
Storage: 1TB Flash

Driver: WacomTablet_6.3.19-10
Monitor1: Wacom Cintiq 27QHD (2560x1440)
Monitor2: NEC PA271W (2560x1440) (firmware PA271W Ver.1.01.06)

yariv613

Postby yariv613 » Wed 11. Jan 2017, 14:56

Hi,
I have a macbook pro 2010 and a cintiq 24 HD Touch, a Hybrid, and an inutos 4. I am running El Capitan. i am running an older driver. I think its 6.3.19-3 , but it seems to work.

Would you guys advise not updating to Sierra just yet?

Wacom tablet prior to the cintiq were just fine and dandy. I remember using old drivers for years and nothing was really the matter.

bellevuefineart

Postby bellevuefineart » Thu 12. Jan 2017, 01:00

Some of the user comments here were helpful. Wacom was not so helpful. I have found, like others, that the modifier keys on the EK remote instantly crash the pen and you need to reboot. specifically when I map the lower right two keys to zoom in and zoom out, the pen crashes every time.

I talked to support in the US today after weeks of trying to get through. First, I was told that if I can't wait on the phone for hours, that I could use the online chat, and that would work better for me as their phone lines have been very busy. So after discovering some new information I went back to the website and looked for the online support chat. There is none. So why the support engineer told me to do that is beyond me.

He also told me to upgrade my Mac driver to 6.3.20-4, and that "should fix the issue". I asked if he would be more specific and look at the release notes, which are not public, and he came back and confirmed that this version does not fix the pen crashing issue, and that their development team is still working on it. He said they do not have a release date or estimated date when this issue will be fixed.

I was also told that unplugging the Cintiq USB and plugging it back in can fix the issue. This does not work. You need to reboot. The pen also crashes and quits functioning sometimes simply when drawing in photoshop using the pen tool, or the pencil tool.

I have two other issues with the current driver that I'm using, which is 6.3.19-10. First, certain web controls do not work. For example if you go to a web page that plays music, like certain radio stations, the play button won't work, or the volume control won't work, and some submit buttons don't work. There is no known fix for that at this time.

Lastly, I have a dual monitor setup. My monitor specs are listed on my previous post in this thread. If you zoom in on an image and it spans across both monitors, which is a very common occurrence, then a large part of the image window turns black and the Cintiq doesn't render it. This makes it almost impossible to zoom in on large images to work on details, and as I own a professional graphics and imaging business, we do this all day long. The only answer is to drag the image around so that it goes off the edge of the screen, but not onto the second monitor.

Here is a short youtube video showing this happening: https://youtu.be/c6YzQb4b5WY

I hope this information helps some of the people in this online community. I hope it helps the development engineers rewrite the drivers so we can all get back to work. Thanks.

bellevuefineart

Postby bellevuefineart » Thu 12. Jan 2017, 17:10

I would recommend NOT upgrading to Sierra at this time. Clearly Sierra has broken some things. I have other issues with Sierra as well. I think Apple needs to do better testing of their OS and take a serious look at third party drivers they are breaking.

apixel1234

Postby apixel1234 » Fri 13. Jan 2017, 12:47

I'm on the same boat. The previous driver would act strangely with the remote and key shortcut buttons on the tablet as well. The latest updated "fixed" that behavior, but now my pen freezes on photoshop every couple of minutes when I initiate a command from the remote. At first I was restarting which was not conducive to getting work done. I'm not restarting the driver manually without restarting which lets me work for about 20 minutes at a time before I have to redo. Not ideal, but it's quick and I'll write a script for it soon, and I can get on with my work.

Just kill the process in Activity Monitor - Wacom Tablet Driver

Then double click on the file at /Library/Application Support/Tablet/WacomTabletDriver/Contents/MacOS/

I hope Wacom fixes this. I have been eagerly awaiting to purchase the new Cintiq Pro 16, but I'm going to hold off. No point in spending the money with these kinds of drivers. I'll keep on the 13HD.

genericusername

Postby genericusername » Sat 14. Jan 2017, 06:56

bellevuefineart wrote:Some of the user comments here were helpful. Wacom was not so helpful. I have found, like others, that the modifier keys on the EK remote instantly crash the pen and you need to reboot. specifically when I map the lower right two keys to zoom in and zoom out, the pen crashes every time.

I talked to support in the US today after weeks of trying to get through. First, I was told that if I can't wait on the phone for hours, that I could use the online chat, and that would work better for me as their phone lines have been very busy. So after discovering some new information I went back to the website and looked for the online support chat. There is none. So why the support engineer told me to do that is beyond me.

He also told me to upgrade my Mac driver to 6.3.20-4, and that "should fix the issue". I asked if he would be more specific and look at the release notes, which are not public, and he came back and confirmed that this version does not fix the pen crashing issue, and that their development team is still working on it. He said they do not have a release date or estimated date when this issue will be fixed.

I was also told that unplugging the Cintiq USB and plugging it back in can fix the issue. This does not work. You need to reboot. The pen also crashes and quits functioning sometimes simply when drawing in photoshop using the pen tool, or the pencil tool.

I have two other issues with the current driver that I'm using, which is 6.3.19-10. First, certain web controls do not work. For example if you go to a web page that plays music, like certain radio stations, the play button won't work, or the volume control won't work, and some submit buttons don't work. There is no known fix for that at this time.

Lastly, I have a dual monitor setup. My monitor specs are listed on my previous post in this thread. If you zoom in on an image and it spans across both monitors, which is a very common occurrence, then a large part of the image window turns black and the Cintiq doesn't render it. This makes it almost impossible to zoom in on large images to work on details, and as I own a professional graphics and imaging business, we do this all day long. The only answer is to drag the image around so that it goes off the edge of the screen, but not onto the second monitor.

Here is a short youtube video showing this happening: https://youtu.be/c6YzQb4b5WY

I hope this information helps some of the people in this online community. I hope it helps the development engineers rewrite the drivers so we can all get back to work. Thanks.

if you can use a usb mouse to launch and reinstal the driver your already using, the pen will work again without reboot (force quit the installer instead of rebooting) if you can't use a mouse, there's a setting to use mouse keys (using the keyboard to move the mouse) have the driver installer placed somewhere where you can get to it easily! it's hacky but it'll keep you running

Onii077

Postby Onii077 » Sun 15. Jan 2017, 13:37

I have written a small automator script that will kill and restart the Wacom tablet driver. It will also start the driver if it's not currently running. I also bound it to CMD-F6 so that I can hit it any time I need to. If anyone would like a copy PM me your email and I'll send it to you.

-Edit: Looks like there's no PMs on this board, so instead just post here and I'll figure our how to get it to you ;)

Return to “Pen Displays”