NEW tablet drivers 6.3.21-10 for Windows and 6.3.21-8 for OSX released. For release notes use the link below the driver on the download page. Main change is support for the new Cintiq Pro 16 model and a new 'Wacom echo' feature for MobileStudio Pro.

for Windows: Fixed several problems related to touch on display tablets. Last update for an issue with transferring paper sketches or sketching in Inkspace

for OSX: Wavy lines problem fixed polus a number of other issues fixed or improved.

mac os sierra drivers. still strangely awful

Cintiq and Cintiq Pro
BobSavage

Re: mac os sierra drivers. still strangely awful

Postby BobSavage » Sun 15. Jan 2017, 16:02

bellevuefineart wrote:I would recommend NOT upgrading to Sierra at this time. Clearly Sierra has broken some things. I have other issues with Sierra as well. I think Apple needs to do better testing of their OS and take a serious look at third party drivers they are breaking.

I've been using 6.3.17-5 successfully with OS X El Capitan 10.11.6 since purchasing my Cintiq some months back and yesterday decided to upgrade the drivers. I first loaded the latest (6.3.20-4) available driver and within zbrush also encountered the freezing pen problem so downgraded to 6.3.19-10 and had the same problems. After reverting back to 6.3.17-5 all is well again.

I joined this forum just to say, this is happening for El Capitan users as well (at least, it's happening to me).

What I'm curious about is how drivers that are seemingly so fundamentally flawed are being released? Is it just a small portion of their Mac user base that are having these issues? If it is, perhaps there's something in common with the Mac. I'm using a mid-2011 27" iMac (please, no jokes about antiquity, it works great for my purposes :) ).
Last edited by BobSavage on Tue 17. Jan 2017, 04:47, edited 1 time in total.

bellevuefineart

Postby bellevuefineart » Sun 15. Jan 2017, 18:03

yes, please. I could use that little script to kill and restart the wacom driver. thank you! bellevuefineart at gmail.

scott

Onii077

Postby Onii077 » Fri 20. Jan 2017, 00:33

on its way.

apixel1234

Postby apixel1234 » Sat 21. Jan 2017, 08:07

The latest update fixed all my key command crashes, so maybe we don't need the crazy Kill-process workaround anymore.
Wavy lines re still a problem, but everything else seems to work.

ScotSolida

Postby ScotSolida » Sat 21. Jan 2017, 14:06

Within minutes of installing this latest driver, my 27QHD dropped into Power Save mode (with, oddly, the touch keys appearing on my other display) and couldn't be revived. I ditched the new driver and went back to the previous one and it is mostly working again, with all of the bugs and issues it had before, but at least it is staying on. I am beginning to doubt that I'll be ever able to use my Cintiq with any amount of confidence.

dcturner

Postby dcturner » Sun 22. Jan 2017, 14:03

Installed Driver 6.3.20-8 on my 12.12.2 machine yesterday.

Pen still double clicks like crazy and quickly stops working on buttons / finder windows etc.

Also, the "sticky modifier keys" from last year is back........... *sigh*

I haven't been able to use my Cintiq in over two months.

ScotSolida

Postby ScotSolida » Sun 22. Jan 2017, 14:37

I spoke too soon. I am still getting random "Power Save Mode" issues. I'm totally fed up with this thing. It's hard to believe the dependable and robust 21UX has devolved into the virtually unusable and frustrating 27QHD.

apixel1234

Postby apixel1234 » Sun 29. Jan 2017, 11:26

dcturner wrote:Installed Driver 6.3.20-8 on my 12.12.2 machine yesterday.

Pen still double clicks like crazy and quickly stops working on buttons / finder windows etc.

Also, the "sticky modifier keys" from last year is back........... *sigh*

I haven't been able to use my Cintiq in over two months.

My 13HD is still working very well. No more problems with the buttons not working. Did you uninstall before installing the update?

jamieyeah

Postby jamieyeah » Wed 15. Feb 2017, 01:43

Hi,
im on mac 10.12 sierra, with a small Intuos Pro.
wacom is working but is not very responsive, not clicking when i tap, sometimes it does and clicks like crazy.
Tried various drivers inculding the most current. nothing fixes it.

Really dont want to revert back to a different OS as some software is reliant.

any solutions yet?

Thank you!

wacom1

Postby wacom1 » Wed 15. Feb 2017, 14:20

Can you try this: open the mouse preferences and move the slider for doubleclickspped to 'fast' ? If you don't have mouse preferences, attach a USB mouse once, then OSX will show this.

Return to “Pen Displays”