New drivers posted for Mac and Win, version 6.3.25. Now supporting OSX High Sierra. Windows driver 6.3.25-3 is updated to versiob 6.3.25-5 now to fix an issue with the WL Kit. Download drivers and release notes here: http://www.wacom.com/support/product-support/drivers

Note: All users seeing wavy lines using a Wacom Pro Pen 2 with Wacom MSP, Cintiq/Intuos Pro 13” or 16”, please update the tablet pen firmware to address this issue. The update is now available via the Wacom Desktop Center application on your computer.

For clicking problems with Google Chrome see:
http://www.wacom.com/en-us/support?guid ... ListPage-1

Cintiq Pro 13 - Wacom Desktop Centre Not Detecting

Cintiq and Cintiq Pro
PomeloSnek

Cintiq Pro 13 - Wacom Desktop Centre Not Detecting

Postby PomeloSnek » Fri 3. Feb 2017, 03:21

I recently bought a cintiq pro 13, and was in the process of setting it up. The steps I followed:

1) plug in power and usb c (to thunderbolt on my pc).
2) turned on the tablet: the screen of my pc showed up on the tablet. I could not use touch or the pro pen on the tablet.
3) installed drivers
4) in the process of restarting, my laptop refused to get past the loading screen unless I unplugged the cintiq (which I did)
5) plugged in cintiq to thunderbolt 3 again. Results were the same as step 2.
6) went to wacom desktop centre. Underneath the "my devices" section, it said "no devices connected" though the cintiq was clearly plugged in to the pc.

My problems: cannot use pen, tablet does not respond to touch, tablet does not show up in desktop centre.

Any suggestions on how to solve these problems?

More info
PC: alienware 15 r2
Windows ver: 10
Driver I downloaded: 6.3.20-5

wacom1

Re: Cintiq Pro 13 - Wacom Desktop Centre Not Detecting

Postby wacom1 » Fri 3. Feb 2017, 10:02

First unplug and replug the USB cable to your computer (the Cintiq needs a connection for the display plus a connection for USB, if you are using the Wacom Link adapter, otherwise just a direct USB-C to USB-C connection). Then test the pen. If no reaction open Wacom Desktop Center -> Backup Settings -> Reset settings. If that also fails, check in device manager for problems.

PomeloSnek

Postby PomeloSnek » Sat 11. Feb 2017, 01:20

If my pc has a USBC port, then do I only need the USBC connection, or do I still need the regular USB connection?

If I do only need the USBC connection, then the problem is that onyl the display works, and my pen/tablet are not detected.

fidoruiz

Postby fidoruiz » Mon 14. Aug 2017, 01:12

has any one fixed this issue? i have the exact same laptop

wacom1

Postby wacom1 » Mon 14. Aug 2017, 08:46

USB-C is basically a connector, but may support different speed, data transfer levels and power delivery. You should use one of the ports on the Cintiq pro for connecting the power supply and another one for Wacom Link or for a USB-C to USB-C cable. It should transfer display and tablet data. - If the tablet is not detected: open Wacom Desktop Center and remove the settings (so the driver gets restarted), try the other USB-C ports on the Cintiq.

teadeekay

Postby teadeekay » Sat 19. Aug 2017, 18:14

Hi, I'm sorry for bumping this old thread but I have exactly the same problem with the same laptop.
I just bought a Wacom Cintiq Pro 13 a few days ago.
I connect everything correctly but my laptop only sees it as a secondary display, pen and touching don't work. The USB-C cable doesn't seem to transfer the tablet data for some reason, although it transfers the display data just fine. If I use the supplied Wacom Link with the USB cable, then my PC recognizes the tablet and the pen and touching work. However, my laptop doesn't have any Mini Displayports (it only has a HDMI port), so the Mini Displayport cable is useless. Updating BIOS doesn't seem to fix this, as I have the newest BIOS version at the moment.
This seems to be a frequently encountered problem, as I have seen many threads like this before. I've tried resetting the settings in Wacom Desktop Center, also switching USB-C ports on the tablet, to no avail. They (the place I bought this tablet) told me that I need a HDMI to Displayport adapter, THEN a Displayport to Mini Displayport adapter. This is a pain because I don't have time to go and find those Startech adapters (they are almost non-existent in my country) or to test every adapter I could find. Wacom, PLEASE address this issue. Why should I spend more money on the tablet that should have worked perfectly with my laptop?

fidoruiz

Postby fidoruiz » Mon 28. Aug 2017, 21:11

teadeekay wrote:Hi, I'm sorry for bumping this old thread but I have exactly the same problem with the same laptop.
I connect everything correctly but my laptop only sees it as a secondary display, pen and touching don't work. The USB-C cable doesn't seem to transfer the tablet data for some reason, although it transfers the display data just fine. If I use the supplied Wacom Link with the USB cable, then my PC recognizes the tablet and the pen and touching work. However, my laptop doesn't have any Mini Displayports (it only has a HDMI port), so the Mini Displayport cable is useless. Updating BIOS doesn't seem to fix this, as I have the newest BIOS version at the moment.
This seems to be a frequently encountered problem, as I have seen many threads like this before. I've tried resetting the settings in Wacom Desktop Center, also switching USB-C ports on the tablet, to no avail. They (the place I bought this tablet) told me that I need a HDMI to Displayport adapter, THEN a Displayport to Mini Displayport adapter. This is a pain because I don't have time to go and find those Startech adapters (they are almost non-existent in my country) or to test every adapter I could find. Wacom, PLEASE address this issue. Why should I spend more money on the tablet that should have worked perfectly with my laptop?

Hey there the easiest and cheapest workaround i found to solve this issue (since getting hdmi to work is a pain in the butt) is to get a usb c/thunderbolt3 to mini displayport adapter. You should be able to get one from amazon for cheap. Even apple sells these adapters, but for a heftier price tag.

teadeekay

Postby teadeekay » Wed 30. Aug 2017, 12:41

fidoruiz wrote:
teadeekay wrote:Hi, I'm sorry for bumping this old thread but I have exactly the same problem with the same laptop.

Hey there the easiest and cheapest workaround i found to solve this issue (since getting hdmi to work is a pain in the butt) is to get a usb c/thunderbolt3 to mini displayport adapter. You should be able to get one from amazon for cheap. Even apple sells these adapters, but for a heftier price tag.

Hello, if I use 2 USB-C cables, one for the display (connect it directly to the thunderbolt port on my laptop) and the other one for the USB signal, will it work? It would greatly reduce the amount of things I have to buy.

fidoruiz

Postby fidoruiz » Wed 30. Aug 2017, 23:12

unfortunately it wont work this way, i already tried it and ended up returning the additional usb c cable. The only thing you need to buy is this:

https://www.amazon.com/ITANDA-DisplayPo ... port&psc=1

You must use it in conjuction with the wacom link.

Pseudonym84

Postby Pseudonym84 » Thu 31. Aug 2017, 11:17

I'm having the same problem;

My Wacom Cintiq Pro 13" display and touch work, but the pen does not. The Wacom Desktop Center says 'No Device Connected' under My Devices.

I've tried the following;

* Unplug the device, uninstall drivers, restart the system and reinstall drivers directly from the Wacom website.
* Restart the Wacom Professional Services.
* Try a different USB port.

The issue still remains. Any help would be appreciated.

Return to “Pen Displays”