NEW tablet drivers 6.3.21-3 for Windows and 6.3.21-5 for OSX released. For release notes use the link below the driver on the download page. Main change is support for the new Cintiq Pro 16 model and a new 'Wacom echo' feature for MobileStudio Pro.

for Windows: Fixed several problems related to touch and [flash=][/flash]lag in Bluetooth connection mode.

for OSX: Resolved some problems on multi-monitor configurations, issues with touch and lag, alos a penclick and dragging issue in certain situations.

NOTE: When you are using a pen with Mac OS X 10.12, your lines might be wavy. What we are doing about it: We are working on a temporary fix to implement in the Wacom driver while Apple investigates the issue.

Cintiq 13HD not getting detected.

Cintiq and Cintiq Pro
MangoJuice

Cintiq 13HD not getting detected.

Postby MangoJuice » Mon 6. Feb 2017, 19:21

Hello.

I'm having troubles with installing the driver for my Cintiq 13HD on an Asus laptop with a Windows 10.
I have installed > restarted > uninstalled (stopped process from Computer Management, uninstalled all Wacom/Tablet related programs from Device Manager, and Programs and Features) > restarted > installed again and the cycle goes on for almost 10 times now.

I've used the latest driver available which is the Windows - Driver 6.3.20-5 (Win 7, 8 and 10) as well as a "Legacy" driver: http://www.wacom.asia/en/tablet-drivers ... &tid_1=258

I also used the driver from the CD as well as plugging in the Cintiq with no WiFi and virus protection on.

Any help to get my problem fixed is really, really appreciated as I desperately need my Cintiq to work for my work/school. Thank you.

wacom1

Re: Cintiq 13HD not getting detected.

Postby wacom1 » Tue 7. Feb 2017, 08:05

I need some more info on the problem: The driver installs fine without error message ? Device manager shows a problem ? The problem is the display or reaction to the pen ? The driver says 'no supported tablet found' ?
Make sure that you have USB as well as the display cable connected. When all looks ok, but not tablet is found: unplug and replug the USB cable, open Wacom Desktop Center -> Backup Settings - Reset Settings.

MangoJuice

Postby MangoJuice » Tue 7. Feb 2017, 11:35

The driver installs fine without any problem. My cintiq display works and the reacts to the pen. The problem is whenever I open the Wacom Desktop Center, it's not detecting the Cintiq as installed as if I don't have it plugged in. The cursor display whenever I'm using the pen on the tablet is just a dot instead of the usual cursor when on the desktop. There's no pen pressure applied when I use my programs.

MangoJuice

Postby MangoJuice » Fri 10. Feb 2017, 05:00

wacom1 wrote:I need some more info on the problem: The driver installs fine without error message ? Device manager shows a problem ? The problem is the display or reaction to the pen ? The driver says 'no supported tablet found' ?
Make sure that you have USB as well as the display cable connected. When all looks ok, but not tablet is found: unplug and replug the USB cable, open Wacom Desktop Center -> Backup Settings - Reset Settings.

I tried to reset settings with a Bamboo Pen & Touch installed but it kept getting an error saying it could not reset. I'm using the 5.3.5-3 driver.

wacom1

Postby wacom1 » Fri 10. Feb 2017, 08:20

For the Cintiq13HD you should use the 6.3.20-7 driver and if that doesn't see the device, check the USB cable connection and reset settings.

MangoJuice

Postby MangoJuice » Sun 12. Feb 2017, 12:33

wacom1 wrote:For the Cintiq13HD you should use the 6.3.20-7 driver and if that doesn't see the device, check the USB cable connection and reset settings.

Did that and still getting an error when trying to reset the settings.

wacom1

Postby wacom1 » Sun 12. Feb 2017, 15:30

Can you test on another machine ? If it also fails, the hardware might have a defect and you need to contact our support for your area.

MangoJuice

Postby MangoJuice » Mon 13. Feb 2017, 00:00

wacom1 wrote:Can you test on another machine ? If it also fails, the hardware might have a defect and you need to contact our support for your area.

It works on my previous laptop which is a Samsung Ativ Book 8 with a Windows 8 OS. Could the reason for the driver not properly working on my new laptop (Asus with Windows 10) be an issue of incompatibility of the driver with Windows 10? My Windows 10 is fully updated and all the drivers for my laptop are fully updated as well.

wacom1

Postby wacom1 » Wed 15. Feb 2017, 20:36

No. We do most tests for the new drivers with Windows10. - Another question: Your computer uses USB3 ports ? Can you try a USB2 port or connection through a USB2 hub ? (We had another case were the problem was connection through USB3.)

MangoJuice

Postby MangoJuice » Thu 16. Feb 2017, 05:32

wacom1 wrote:No. We do most tests for the new drivers with Windows10. - Another question: Your computer uses USB3 ports ? Can you try a USB2 port or connection through a USB2 hub ? (We had another case were the problem was connection through USB3.)

All my ports are 3.0 however I did try to use it on a 2.0 USB hub and the problem still remains. Wacom Desktop Center's still not detecting my Cintiq 13, and resetting the settings just gives an error saying it can't reset.

Return to “Pen Displays”