Wacom Customer Support page: https://support.wacom.com/
Wacom Product Resources - Drivers, Manuals, Warranty Information & Others

Mac OS 10.15 Catalina Support:
https://www.wacom.com/en-de/support?guideId=015-916
NOTE: Apple already released an update of 10.15 which solves some of these issues. Please make sure you have the latest update.

Why is the cursor on Windows a white dot or crosshairs? [FIXED]:
https://www.wacom.com/en-de/support?guideId=015-661

Product Registration:
Please register our products on https://www.wacom.com/register
How do I register my Wacom device?

Drawing software:
If you wondering which software to choose, check the trial versions below:

Cinitq 20 wsx Driver

Cintiq and Cintiq Pro
herrnaus

Cinitq 20 wsx Driver

Postby herrnaus » Thu 15. Dec 2016, 16:10

Can someone tell me please which is the correct driver for the Cinitq 20 WSX on Windows 10?
Since a while i cant find it in supported listings or legacy drivers... Does it need the same as the 20 UX?

With the newest "general" Cintiq drivers it seems the Wacom driver very often stops working, and the 20 WSX looses connection.
Or is there just no more Wacom support? =(

wacom1

Re: Cinitq 20 wsx Driver

Postby wacom1 » Fri 16. Dec 2016, 08:12

The Cintiq 20WSX was only sold in America up to 2008 and is not supported anymore. The last driver listed for it is 6.3.15-2, which should run with Win10, but later drivers will not recognize the Cintiq20.

herrnaus

Postby herrnaus » Fri 16. Dec 2016, 08:59

Thanks for the quick answer. =)

One last question out of curiosity:
I can´t find the 20 WSX in the 6.3.15-2 Support list, but the similar 21 UX (i ment this in the first post).
For the 21 UX it seems, the last Driver is 6.3.15-3. Do this devices use the same Driver?

wacom1

Postby wacom1 » Mon 19. Dec 2016, 09:42

Yes, that is the same driver. - If you see frequent disconnections: it is freezing ? Showing an error message ? Working ok for a while after you disconnect and reconnect the USB cable ? Independant of the application ? -

There can be different effects looking like freezing/disconnection: USB power saving, high CPU usage, connection through hub, interference from another device, hardware defects, etc. Any pattern can help to identify the cause for the problem.

herrnaus

Postby herrnaus » Mon 19. Dec 2016, 15:46

My 20 WSX is connected as a second monitor and so far there´s no problem. And it´s always direct connected without hub. With the newer drivers the pen gets lost somehow. Then the cintiq behaves like a "normal" tablet, an intuos and so i only can move the cursor on the other monitor (without peressure sensitivity). When i try to open the wacom settings panel messages appear like - theres no wacom device connected or the driver is not working. Sometimes i can open the panel, but then also the pen is not working on the cintiq. The cursor also looks different, could be a windows ink conflict or so. But i doesnt matter if windows ink is enabled in the control panel or not. And sometimes everything behaves like it should, but when press the change display button the driver stops working. This all happens even when just working in the windows system - whithout running drawing software. So far i cant´t find any pattern.
But when i know i can use the old drivers (and they´re available =) ) everything is fine for me.

wacom1

Postby wacom1 » Tue 27. Dec 2016, 12:47

You have these problems still with the 6.3.15 version ? - I am not sure, but the 20WXS probably has a mouse emulation, so it works in relative mode and without pressure, if the driver is not running. - I would check BIOS settings (disable 'USB emulation') and Windows USB power saving. These could switch USB to low power + low speed mode and have such an effect.

herrnaus

Postby herrnaus » Thu 29. Dec 2016, 09:04

Everything is ok with version 6.3.15-3 (and older) =)
Only the newer drivers cause problems.

Return to “Pen Displays”