New drivers posted for Mac and Win, version 6.3.25. Now supporting OSX High Sierra. Windows driver 6.3.25-3 is updated to versiob 6.3.25-5 now to fix an issue with the WL Kit. Download drivers and release notes here: http://www.wacom.com/support/product-support/drivers

Note: All users seeing wavy lines using a Wacom Pro Pen 2 with Wacom MSP, Cintiq/Intuos Pro 13” or 16”, please update the tablet pen firmware to address this issue. The update is now available via the Wacom Desktop Center application on your computer.

For clicking problems with Google Chrome see:
http://www.wacom.com/en-us/support?guid ... ListPage-1

Dark stains on Cintiq 22HD

Cintiq and Cintiq Pro
SamxFisher

Re: Dark stains on Cintiq 22HD

Postby SamxFisher » Tue 11. Apr 2017, 21:09

Nothing for now, I'm from Spain and I don't want to send my cintiq to Germany or another country for a month and expose to receive it broken for a delivery accident. This case, is not enough annoying for me, at least only in bright colors and the position of bottom-left corner, but there are 2 things I have in mind and learned about this situation, one is, the wacom devices high price won't make me think again that their next devices will be free of this kind of problems, and the other is depending on how wacom responds to this, for now is not very encouraging.

Julesbris

Postby Julesbris » Mon 17. Apr 2017, 17:10

I am also from Spain and I have the exact same issue, two dark spots on the left side of the cintiq 22hd non touch.

It seems to me it is a factory failure. I am interested in what Wacom have to say about this because it is very discouraging about their products. I just found out about the ipad Pro and I feel a little regretful now.

suddensalvo

Postby suddensalvo » Sun 2. Jul 2017, 14:36

I am a user in the United States with the exact same issue - I couldn't get a good photo, but my spots fit in K-4, with the other centered near the intersection between H/I 14/15. It's a bit hard to imagine that all of us having K-4 and spots in the blocks near H, I, and J 14-15 is random coincidence with pressure and bumping. I'm a wonderfully happy Wacom Cintiq 22HD owner otherwise, but I would like this problem considered and addressed. I'll be looking to see if there is a similar thread on the American forums; if not, I'll post one using the same topic, and link to this one as well.

simoniemesko

Postby simoniemesko » Wed 1. Nov 2017, 18:56

I have same dark spot on my wacom after around 6 months of light use. e.g. i always turned off when not working. Placement is between L 4 and K 4, its not coincidence. Solid product tho, but has issues which could be related to manufacturing series. Mine still in warranty.

wacom1

Postby wacom1 » Thu 2. Nov 2017, 08:09

Contact Wacom support and get the unit checked in a Wacom service center. There could be a fault with some displays, that I am not aware of, but service center should know.

turiacus

Postby turiacus » Thu 9. Nov 2017, 23:44

Just noticed that my Cintiq suffers from the same problem, right now a darker stain on the lower left (aprox. 7cm in front of the lowest left button) followed by a very faint stain of the same size in the same axis but more towards the center. It is identical to the pictures I came across while browsing. What sucks is that, by living in Portugal, I'll probably have to mail it to another country to get fixed... and that seems more of a risk and from what I read in the forum, without any guarantees it will get fixed or included in the warranty.

To me it doesn't make sense how it appeared since, like many of you, it's a corner where I rarely apply pressure to or use at all. Just hope the smudges will not get worse with time.

wacom1

Postby wacom1 » Fri 10. Nov 2017, 07:54

We have reported the issue to the service center for examination, but have no result yet. It is possible that there is a manufacturing fault with some units and that is of course covered by warranty. Contact customer support in your region for further handling.

Rocketboots

Postby Rocketboots » Fri 10. Nov 2017, 10:52

Please let us know what they say - I tried to get mine fixed under warranty for this exact issue and they refused.

turiacus

Postby turiacus » Fri 10. Nov 2017, 13:17

Just contacted support, now waiting for a reply. Meanwhile, I'll also try contacting the shop here in town where I ordered it. As soon as I know anything, I'll share it here. Fingers crossed!

mtnjkbm

Postby mtnjkbm » Sat 25. Nov 2017, 12:26

I have the same problem with my Wacom Cintiq 22HD . A black spot appeared after 4 months of use between point J3/4.

Since i work with the pen in my right hand, there is clearly no possibility that i use force in the lower left corner of the screen for a longer period of time if i sit centered before my cintiq.
(try it, you will see that this position is clearly not comfortable to work with)

Since those black spots or marks appear in the same position on other displays, and other artists also search for a reasonable explanation to this problem, IMO it is clearly a factory fault.

After reading that i have to fear to pay for repair of damage that i have clearly not caused, exept if i can proof it (how would you do that anyway??) or the service says its covered by guarantee , there is no reason for me to pay a premium price for wacom in the future.
Last edited by mtnjkbm on Sun 26. Nov 2017, 07:48, edited 2 times in total.

Return to “Pen Displays”