New drivers posted for Mac and Win, version 6.3.25. Now supporting OSX High Sierra. Windows driver 6.3.25-3 has a known issue when using the WL Kit - this will be fixed soon. Download drivers and release notes here: http://www.wacom.com/support/product-support/drivers

Note: All users seeing wavy lines using a Wacom Pro Pen 2 with Wacom MSP, Cintiq/Intuos Pro 13” or 16”, please update the tablet pen firmware to address this issue. The update is now available via the Wacom Desktop Center application on your computer.

For clicking problems with Google Chrome see:
http://www.wacom.com/en-us/support?guid ... ListPage-1

Cintiq 27 QHD: worth Touch?

Cintiq and Cintiq Pro
Bilboudo

Cintiq 27 QHD: worth Touch?

Postby Bilboudo » Mon 6. Mar 2017, 14:15

Hi to all!

I'm new to this forum and I'm looking to buy a Cintiq QHD 27 ( I work as digital artist).
I work on OSX El Capitan (10.11.6), using Photoshop CS4.

I would be ineterested in the Touch version of the 27 QHD, but reading various reviews I haven't found too much enthusiastic feedback about the Touch feature. These reviews are dated back in time, so I suppose that until now many updates on the drivers was made by Wacom.

So it should be really useful to me if someone that own this tablet (and working on OSX) could give me some "updated feedback" on the Touch feature of 27 QHD, in order to understand if it's worth the extra money or not.

Many thanks!

Bilboudo

Re: Cintiq 27 QHD: worth Touch?

Postby Bilboudo » Wed 8. Mar 2017, 08:43

Any comment?

Bilboudo

Postby Bilboudo » Wed 8. Mar 2017, 21:33

Ok, at this point I think that there isn't anybody that should recommend the 27 QHD with touch....

ScotSolida

Postby ScotSolida » Wed 8. Mar 2017, 22:39

I don't use Photoshop so have no idea how it works with Touch. I've had mixed results with Touch myself, but I still can't imagine not having it. I like being able to zoom and rotate the canvas instantly. Having said that, my 27QHD Touch is now at Wacom for repair after suddenly dropping into Power save mode and staying that way so it's kinda hard for me to personally recommend at the moment as I am wishing I never sold my ancient (and trustworthy) 21UX - which served me well for a decade without any sort of touch features. Still, if you're going to get the 27QHD, I'd think the Touch features are worth the extra cash. At least that's what I told myself two years ago when I pre-ordered.

PGross1

Postby PGross1 » Thu 9. Mar 2017, 01:34

I always get touch, but the Wacom drivers have been so unstable with touch issues that I often turn it off. It worked best for me when I wore a smudge guard glove on my drawing hand so I didn't trigger accidental touch with my palm. I guess I would buy touch again, based on the hope that they'll iron out the annoyances and make it more useful. There is so much more the software could be doing with it.

Bilboudo

Postby Bilboudo » Thu 9. Mar 2017, 08:39

Thanks for your comments!
I read reviews of a couple of years ago or the last year reporting issues with the Touch, and I had hoping that at this moment Wacom had resolved them with drivers' patches, but it seems not to be so.... :-(
However if a smudge guard could resolve most of the problems I think I could give it a chance....

Do the Touch works properly with other operation system features (OSX gestures, web navigations, on screen keyboard, and so on.....)?

What make me a "little" nervous is to read about all these malfunctions...
I've got a Cintiq 13HD three years ago, and I've had to go through warranty service because the panel turned off permanently just a little before the warranty expires.

Now if such thing should happen (as did for ScotSolida) with a 27QHD Touch (that costs hugely more) I should feel a stab in the stomach and I'm wondering if it worth the risk....

PGross1

Postby PGross1 » Fri 10. Mar 2017, 06:21

Touch works great for general Mac navigation. It's touchiest when you're trying to use it in combo with drawing with stylus.

Bilboudo

Postby Bilboudo » Fri 10. Mar 2017, 09:14

PGross1, thanks for the confirmation.
If I'll not comfortable in PSD, I know that it will be great with the Mac Navigation.

Rocketboots

Postby Rocketboots » Sat 11. Mar 2017, 13:49

If I were you I wouldn't purchase a 27 QHD now unless you absolutely need one right away - the new Cintiq Pro 13 and 16 both use superior pen technology with better latency and reduced parallax, so an update to the 22 and 27 should be on their way soon. Its a huge investment of your hard earned cash, so I imagine you'd be bummed if you shelled out for a 27 only to have a new model appear a month later. If you can afford to - be patient.

As for touch, I've always found it faster to rest my left hand on a keyboard and use keyboard shortcuts than use a touchscreen. Its a lot faster to just hold R to rotate the canvas, press space to pan, switch tools etc. Than to move your arm up onto the screen. Touch seems to be a bit temperamental too, so I'm not sure it justifies the extra cost (as cool as it is).

matpan81

Postby matpan81 » Sat 11. Mar 2017, 16:57

Save the money for the stand... or a weekend wherever you prefer.

Honestly, I don´t see why anyone would recommend the touch features. I got the Touch and not one single time had I benefited from it, nor would I miss it if it was suddenly gone. 99,999% it is off. The 0,0001% is either accidental or the first day I got it when I was trying it out.

Maybe in the future all the professional apps become touch oriented? If you want to be "future proof"... you could justify it.

I bought it with this in mind, completely regret it.

As it is... there is no reason to spend the extra money for the touch features. Honestly... the Ergo stand is a MUST and you can use that money for it.

Return to “Pen Displays”