Our online support email form on Wacom.com was down between September 14th and the 18th. If you reached out to our support team during that time but have not heard back from us please re-submit your ticket so we can help. We apologize for any inconvenience in getting a response sooner. http://support.wacom.com/

New driver posting for Mac and Windows. The 6.3.24 driver has an updated user help section and bug fixes including issues related to assigning and entering keystrokes, such as Esc and Shift. Download here: http://www.wacom.com/support/product-support/drivers

For more details see the driver release notes on the driver download page.

Note: All users seeing wavy lines using a Wacom Pro Pen 2 with Wacom MSP, Cintiq/Intuos Pro 13” or 16”, please update the tablet pen firmware to address this issue. The update is now available via the Wacom Desktop Center application on your computer.

Apple announced that 10.13 High Sierra will be released on Sep 25th. Wacom is currently working on a driver update to support this OS and will be ready by late Oct. Please note that the existing Wacom driver for 10.12 will NOT work so we suggest not to upgrade to OS 10.13 until the new driver is released.
To learn more, visit: http://www.wacom.com/en-us/support?guid ... ListPage-1

For clicking problems with Google Chrome see:
http://www.wacom.com/en-us/support?guid ... ListPage-1

Cintiq 27 QHD: worth Touch?

Cintiq and Cintiq Pro
Bilboudo

Re: Cintiq 27 QHD: worth Touch?

Postby Bilboudo » Mon 13. Mar 2017, 08:51

"Unfortunately" I'm feeling to need a bigger cintiq from a while.
Currently I'm working on a Cintiq 13HD, that works very well, But in the last three years of work with, in the last time I felt the need a better overview of my work without constantly zoom in and out to check if the work done in detail is coherent with the overall work.
The 13 HD will back useful for those time I'll have to move from my studio.
When it comes the 24 HD it was too much expensive for me and not so enthusiastic as performances.
The 27 QHD is more cheaper and I found it at a good price that let me to consider to buy it.

For the touch, I should be afraid to regret to haven't got it in future, but if it's so really upsetting as you say, maybe it's better to consider seriously to stick with the keyboard and trackpad of my MacBook pro....

Thanks for your comments, really useful!

matpan81

Postby matpan81 » Sun 19. Mar 2017, 10:21

Bilboudo,

if money is no object, then by all means, go for the touch. But, as I said, if you are going to neglect the ergo stand, in favor of the touch feature, then that is a big mistake.

As for your needs and the eventual release of a newer model. I would not worry. Surely, technologies advance, and WACOM will eventually release a newer, higher resolution, better responding high end Cintiq. Wether that is bound to happen tomorrow or in a year, or 18 months... I cannot tell. Their renewal cycle in the high end of the spectrum is usually a bit slower. One thing is certain, these pieces of hardware (the high end tier) don´t loose market value that fast. If you are going to benefit from having a 27 inch Cintiq and work with it, then by all means, go for it. You are bound to make the difference that you would eventually loose when trading in for a newer model in a couple of gigs, for certain. Even less, depending on your cachet.

In my experience, working environment comfort and satisfaction is second to none. So if you feel you need this now, get one.

As for the touch feature, it goes as I say in my opinion, just get it if those extra 300-500 dollars are no issue to you. And if this doesn´t mean neglecting the ergo stand. I cannot stress this enough: Do not buy the Cintiq 27 QHD without the stand (or an Ergotron arm if that is your choice, some people had good a experiene with it. Me, after seeing some videos did not like the slight "wobble" it had, and I do not need the freedom to move the Cintiq around so much, so for me the Wacom stand was the better choice) this stand is a MUST. so factor that in in the cost too.

And just to make my point about touch features clear one last time: In almost 18 months of having the Cintiq not ONCE did I turn on the touch features to use them other than on purchase day. The EC Remote plus having a small keyboard at hand for those extra shortcuts you may not be able to configure at hand is more than enough.

MisterB

Postby MisterB » Wed 22. Mar 2017, 10:15

I have touch on my Cintiq and I would never go back to having one without. For me, the ability to move and rotate the screen as you would a real piece of paper is essential, keyboard short cuts just aren't the same.

Perhaps the software you use is an important consideration. I use Sketchbook Pro most of the time and touch works very well, my experience with Photoshop is less favourable. It feels slow and not as natural as Sketchbook.

The drivers are vital and unfortunately Wacom seem to shoot themselves in the foot from time to time. A recent update broke touch and I had to revert to an earlier version (which works perfectly, or close to it).

There are a lot of negative opinions expressed about touch, which is fair enough - especially when drivers break it, but I would hate to be without it. Once you get used to it its hard to go back.

caddyboy

Postby caddyboy » Wed 22. Mar 2017, 12:37

Personally I'd avoid the 27QHD and potentially go small to the Wacom Cintiq 13HD or look for a larger alternative, as there's a lot of great large scale tablets out there at a fraction of the cost of a Wacom. Have a look at this guide for some alternatives. http://consumerexpert.org/best-artists-drawing-tablets/

I had the 21 inch Yiynova MVP22U which was just too big, and I found it quite cumbersome and clunky to carry around with me. I now have the Wacom Cintiq 13HD which I'm over the moon with.

Return to “Pen Displays”