New drivers posted for Mac and Win, version 6.3.25. Now supporting OSX High Sierra. Windows driver 6.3.25-3 is updated to versiob 6.3.25-5 now to fix an issue with the WL Kit. Download drivers and release notes here: http://www.wacom.com/support/product-support/drivers

Note: All users seeing wavy lines using a Wacom Pro Pen 2 with Wacom MSP, Cintiq/Intuos Pro 13” or 16”, please update the tablet pen firmware to address this issue. The update is now available via the Wacom Desktop Center application on your computer.

For clicking problems with Google Chrome see:
http://www.wacom.com/en-us/support?guid ... ListPage-1

Cintiq 27QHD - no display (black screen)

Cintiq and Cintiq Pro
wacom1

Re: Cintiq 27QHD - no display (black screen)

Postby wacom1 » Mon 9. Oct 2017, 06:26

There are many different reasons why the screen may reman dark. If you see a message 'no signal.Going to power saving mode', the screen itself is working, but perhaps no cable connected, might be the display is just not set to be active in Windows. If one type of connection (HDMI,DVI,VGA,DP) works and the other not, that could a a faulty cable, graphics card problem - it could also be a faulty component in the tablet.

javiermrmn

Postby javiermrmn » Fri 20. Oct 2017, 05:20

How are we going to get our money back or how can we put an official complain for a faulty premium product being sold?

grubert

Postby grubert » Sun 3. Dec 2017, 19:02

Hi,

This didn't happen to me once, it happened to me twice! To reiterate the symptoms:
Everything works apart from the display:
- No "Wacom" logo
- No power saving mode message
- No LCD light leaking
- Cintiq monitor is not detected on Display Port, however...
- Cintiq monitor is detected on HDMI

My setup:
- Windows 7 64bits
- ASUS nVidia 970 GTX
- Output colour depth was set to 10 bpc
- Cintiq is plugged in the Display Port erm... port
- 2 other monitors in DVI ports

Weird symptoms (before the Cintiq screen died): The screens would flicker every time I switched the Cintiq on or off. This seems to be related to issues with nVidia's implementation of Display Port although I wouldn't bet my Cintiq on it.

Just before the screen died, I had major corruption of the image, something similar to what a flat screen looks like when you've smashed it with a Wii controller. I switched it off straight away both times, and both times it never switched back on again.

So anyway, in both occasions Wacom has been very gracious about it. After answering the obligatory technical questionnaire, they acknowledged the fault and offered to send a refurbished replacement (only took a few days!) or get the Cintiq repaired and sent back, the latter taking longer obviously. All of this is free of charge.

I've just installed my (third!) Cintiq and all is good, apart from one pixel that insists to be red regardless of what's displayed. Still better than 2560x1440 dead pixels anyhow.

Also I can't switch to 10 bpc in the nVidia Control Panel, which is weird.

Last thing: Customer Services (who might not speak on behalf of Wacom Europe GmbH) told me they weren't aware of any issues to do with Display Port and/or incompatibilities with nVidia hardware.

Return to “Pen Displays”