Wacom Customer Support page: https://support.wacom.com/
Wacom Product Resources - Drivers, Manuals, Warranty Information & Others

Mac OS 10.15 Catalina Support:
https://www.wacom.com/en-de/support?guideId=015-916
NOTE: Apple already released an update of 10.15 which solves some of these issues. Please make sure you have the latest update.

Why is the cursor on Windows a white dot or crosshairs? [FIXED]:
https://www.wacom.com/en-de/support?guideId=015-661

Product Registration:
Please register our products on https://www.wacom.com/register
How do I register my Wacom device?

Drawing software:
If you wondering which software to choose, check the trial versions below:

Cintiq 13hd no longer working with laptop

Cintiq and Cintiq Pro
MichaelH

Cintiq 13hd no longer working with laptop

Postby MichaelH » Tue 22. Oct 2019, 16:50

Hello all,

I’ve got a schenker workstation laptop that I purchased around 5 years ago and a Wacom Cintiq 13hd I’ve had for almost 3 years. Both have worked perfectly together until around a month ago. I had my Wacom in front of my laptop, I moved the Wacom closer to me and it caused the screen to go off. I assumed I must have pulled the hdmi cord loose so I checked this was properly in place and switched it back on. The screen proceeded to show a “no input signal” which puzzled me. I restarted the laptop and the Wacom initially showed the “S” sign for schenker upon loading, however as soon as the system started it was kicked off and showed the same “no input signal”. The buttons still worked and the pen worked on the display but instead of being a cintiq it was now an Intuos. Automatically I thought it was potentially a driver issue so I proceeded to clean uninstall and reinstall the driver. This didn’t work. I then went on to buy a new cable for the Wacom that night. The next morning I got in touch with Wacom to explain the issue, making sure to get in touch in case the cable doesn’t work. I tried a few alternative ideas in the mean time: trying to check for secondary screens, testing older drivers, dism cleanup and checkhealth amongst other suggestions I had found online. The cable arrived on the Friday and tested it to find that it hadn’t worked. I got back in touch with Wacom who walked me through another couple of tests to see whether or not we could get the Wacom to work again. All drivers and windows updates were checked again, the HDMI port was tested with another display, it did work with my monitor, the Wacom was successfully tested with an xbox and the driver was reinstalled. These suggestions didn’t lead to it working so I went to a nearby photography store and was able to test the Wacom with a MacBook which displayed fine with the HDMI. I got back in touch with Wacom and continued the back and forth, bringing Microsoft into the problem shortly after. Microsoft connected me with 3 engineers at various stages in the last month, who tested and looked through the system, carrying out similar tests I had with Wacom and on my own to no avail. I continued to try different ideas that I had read online with regard to similar ideas, refreshing the system which didn’t work and testing the laptop in safe mode. Safe mode did allow the Wacom to successfully display the screen however the functions were limited with the buttons no longer working. I went back into the system as normal and reinstalled the drivers for the laptop that had come with the laptop. I then clean uninstalled and reinstalled the Wacom driver from the disk, this didn’t work. I explored the Wacom files and found the Wacom exe. program, I tested the compatibility and found that it was incompatible. This puzzled me and still does as I am unsure why it would display this when the system requirements were met and the program had previously been working for years.
I grew tired of the issue so took it into a computer shop in Edinburgh who agreed to look it over. When I returned the next day it was explained to me that there were no hardware issues, my laptop was working fine. They didn’t understand why it wouldn’t work either and kindly advised I should switch to windows 10 to see if that worked. It didn’t sadly, the Wacom buttons continue to work however the Wacom exe. program now shows a incompatible program with a red X rather than a yellow hazard sign that it had on windows 8.1. I went to the extreme and bought another laptop in the hope it would at least work with one of them. This didn’t work either. I am at the stage that no one knows why it doesn’t work, I feel like I’ve tried all options with none working and I’m left with a Wacom that sort of functions. This problem has been going on for around 5 weeks and I’m just sick and tired of it.
If anyone has any possible ideas as to what I can do I’d greatly appreciate it as I really just want to get back to my work normally with a fully functioning Cintiq.

Many thanks,

Michael

wacom5

Re: Cintiq 13hd no longer working with laptop

Postby wacom5 » Wed 23. Oct 2019, 10:00

Hi there,

First thing we need to clarify is that the Wacom driver has absolutely no influence over the video signal. The video component of the Cintiq will work regardless if you install the Wacom driver or even connect the USB cable. As long as the video signal reaches the Cintiq, it will be displayed - as any other display. Don't bother installing or reinstalling the driver if you have any issues with the video signal. The only driver that can influence this, is the Graphics Card driver.

Something that was not clear to me: When you tested the Cintiq in the shop and with the Xbox, the HDMI connection was working fine - ie. the video signal was getting through to the Cintiq right? All the tests you ran seem to indicate that the hardware of the Cintiq is also fine. In the Schenker Laptop it could be that the external HDMI port is no longer working.
For the new laptop, is it the same model? Are you connecting the HDMI cable directly?

MichaelH

Postby MichaelH » Wed 23. Oct 2019, 19:37

Hi,

Thank you for the clarification. With regard to the Wacom driver, although I uninstalled it myself initially, I was later asked by both Wacom and Microsoft staff to do this in case my system was blocking it or for whatever reason it hadn’t been installed properly. I have tried to connect the Wacom with no driver to both laptops and this has been unsuccessful in showing any picture.
The driver for both of the graphics cards have been uninstalled and reinstalled using the latest one from the manufacturers website, later being checked for updates. The HDMI was working fine when connected to the Mac and the Xbox. The HDMI port on my laptop is working fine with my monitor and the computer shop that I took it to confirmed that there are no hardware issues with the laptop which is why they were so puzzled.
The new laptop is an MSI gaming laptop I picked up as a backup and as a test for the Wacom. I am connecting the hdmi directly however I have also tried using a DisplayPort connection with my original laptop that has been unsuccessful.

wacom5

Postby wacom5 » Thu 24. Oct 2019, 15:16

Thank you for your reply.
So this confirms the hardware of the Laptops are fine and the hardware of the Cintiq is also fine. Just that both of them together are not working as they should. Are you sure the HDMI cable from the Cintiq is connecting all the way with the laptops? It's possible what the shape of the cable or the computer doesn't allow for the cable to connect all the way through?

Do the laptops have a second integrated graphics card? Like and Intel card for normal work and an Nvidia or ATi secondary cards for heavier work? If so, are there are settings on it's own interfaces that might need changing?

MichaelH

Postby MichaelH » Thu 24. Oct 2019, 19:50

Hi, thanks for your reply.
Yes, all device hardware seems to be ok it’s just the compatibility. I believe so, I am connecting it in the same way as I always have and never seemed to have a problem.
Both laptops have a Nvidia and an intel graphics card. I’ve had a look at changing what is run with the respective drivers, I will have another look into this as there may be something I had missed. I did uninstall the intel driver, earlier in the issue, and restarted the laptop. The strange thing was the screen did work at this point but the buttons were unresponsive. I have not been able to replicate this response from it outside of safe boot mode which most likely means it’s a driver issue as you say with the graphics. However I have updated and reinstalled them using the most up to date version from the manufacturers website, so I’m unsure of other options.

gmaitland73

Postby gmaitland73 » Fri 15. Nov 2019, 14:26

wacom5 wrote:Thank you for your reply.
So this confirms the hardware of the Laptops are fine and the hardware of the Cintiq is also fine. Just that both of them together are not working as they should. Are you sure the HDMI cable from the Cintiq is connecting all the way with the laptops? It's possible what the shape of the cable or the computer doesn't allow for the cable to connect all the way through?

Do the laptops have a second integrated graphics card? Like and Intel card for normal work and an Nvidia or ATi secondary cards for heavier work? If so, are there are settings on it's own interfaces that might need changing?

I'm having the same trouble! after a year and ahalf with no problems, the 'no input signal' message popped up. wacom verified the cintiq is fine. lenovo laptop works fine with other monitors via hdmi. cintiq works with other computers. they just won't talk to each other any more. reinstalled drivers and all windows updates. So frustrating.

wacom5

Postby wacom5 » Fri 15. Nov 2019, 15:33

Did you run any graphic driver updates recently?

Return to “Pen Displays”