NEW tablet drivers 6.3.21-10 for Windows and 6.3.21-8 for OSX released. For release notes use the link below the driver on the download page. Main change is support for the new Cintiq Pro 16 model and a new 'Wacom echo' feature for MobileStudio Pro.

for Windows: Fixed several problems related to touch on display tablets. Last update for an issue with transferring paper sketches or sketching in Inkspace

for OSX: Wavy lines problem fixed polus a number of other issues fixed or improved.

Powering and using a Cintiq Pro with one cable ?

Cintiq and Cintiq Pro
Susanowu

Powering and using a Cintiq Pro with one cable ?

Postby Susanowu » Sun 12. Mar 2017, 12:18

Hi, Guys!

like many of you, I suppose, I don´t like having many cables on my desk so I was wondering if the generation of Cintiq pro could be powered and used with only one thunderbolt 3 port like for example with the new MacBook pro-2016. Thank to the fact that thunderbolt 3 support every type of connection and can power a device, for example the new MacBook pro can power 2 4K monitors at the same time, I suppose that it is theoretically possible but has anyone tried or have the answer?

Richhhh

Re: Powering and using a Cintiq Pro with one cable ?

Postby Richhhh » Tue 4. Apr 2017, 15:04

Hi Susan - have you managed to find out an answer to this question yet? I've just posted a similar question then seen this, although it's unanswered as of yet.

If you've got an update and can let me know, that would be much appeciated! :)

Thanks,
Rich

joetazz

Postby joetazz » Thu 6. Apr 2017, 18:24

Would really like to know an answer to this too. Somebody on reddit said they tried but didn't power on. So I'm not sure it is possible which is a shame as it is so close to being a great portable system.

wacom1

Postby wacom1 » Fri 7. Apr 2017, 06:48

The Cintiq Pro needs a separate connection for the power supply. Most regular USB-C ports do not provide enough power.

Return to “Pen Displays”