NEW tablet driver 6.3.23-4 for OSX released. For release notes use the link below the driver on the download page. Fixed: Problem mit modifiers on keyboard in combination with pentip, accidential double-clicks etc. Last update for an issue with ZBrush navigation.

New version for for Windows 6.3.23-1: Fixed various problems - zooming with expresskeys, 'driver not responding' error message and others.

For more details see the driver release notes on the driver download page.

Note: All users seeing wavy lines using a Wacom Pro Pen 2 with Wacom Cintiq Pro 13” or 16”, please update the tablet pen firmware to version 1.2.3.0 to address this issue. The update is now available via the Wacom Desktop Center application on your computer. - There is now also such a firmware update for MobileStudio Pro for this issue.

Powering and using a Cintiq Pro with one cable ?

Cintiq and Cintiq Pro
Susanowu

Powering and using a Cintiq Pro with one cable ?

Postby Susanowu » Sun 12. Mar 2017, 12:18

Hi, Guys!

like many of you, I suppose, I don´t like having many cables on my desk so I was wondering if the generation of Cintiq pro could be powered and used with only one thunderbolt 3 port like for example with the new MacBook pro-2016. Thank to the fact that thunderbolt 3 support every type of connection and can power a device, for example the new MacBook pro can power 2 4K monitors at the same time, I suppose that it is theoretically possible but has anyone tried or have the answer?

Richhhh

Re: Powering and using a Cintiq Pro with one cable ?

Postby Richhhh » Tue 4. Apr 2017, 15:04

Hi Susan - have you managed to find out an answer to this question yet? I've just posted a similar question then seen this, although it's unanswered as of yet.

If you've got an update and can let me know, that would be much appeciated! :)

Thanks,
Rich

joetazz

Postby joetazz » Thu 6. Apr 2017, 18:24

Would really like to know an answer to this too. Somebody on reddit said they tried but didn't power on. So I'm not sure it is possible which is a shame as it is so close to being a great portable system.

wacom1

Postby wacom1 » Fri 7. Apr 2017, 06:48

The Cintiq Pro needs a separate connection for the power supply. Most regular USB-C ports do not provide enough power.

Susanowu

Postby Susanowu » Wed 31. May 2017, 17:44

wacom1 wrote:The Cintiq Pro needs a separate connection for the power supply. Most regular USB-C ports do not provide enough power.

I know that thunderbolt 3 is a big debate it´s very unclear regarding what it can and can´t bit if you can power a mac with a 74 watt battery with only a thunderbolt 3 port I don´t see how the wacom pro couldn´t be.
I think the true question is more if the usb-c port are standard usb-c and one thunderbolt 3 for power inpout our if they all are thunderbolt 3.

the only "answer" that I found was that : http://eu.shop.wacom.eu/wacom-infochann ... d=37962432

anyway I bought one and gonna test it myself to keep you updated ;)

Return to “Pen Displays”