News 20.07.2020:
Dear customer, due to cookie policies we cannot allow embedding pictures from 3rd party sites any more.
In case you want to show our support teams a picture, open a case at http://www.wacom.com/support/contact-support
Thanks for your understanding.



Wacom Customer Support page: https://support.wacom.com/

Wacom Product Resources - Drivers, Manuals, Warranty Information & Others

Mac OS 10.15 Catalina Support:
https://www.wacom.com/en-de/support?guideId=015-916

Mac OS 10.15.4 Update:
What does the Mac OS warning message “Legacy System Extension” mean and why am I seeing it?

eStore Shipping
Please note that reduced UPS service might affect your region due to CoVid-19 situation. See updated details for UPS serviceshttps://www.ups.com/de/en/service-alerts.page?id=alert1

Product Registration:
Please register our products on https://www.wacom.com/register
How do I register my Wacom device?

Cintiq 16 - Weird Pen behaviour

Cintiq and Cintiq Pro
wacom5
Posts: 1196
Joined: Tue 8. Aug 2017, 14:35

Re: Cintiq 16 - Weird Pen behaviour

Postby wacom5 » Tue 18. Feb 2020, 15:20

Please turn on Driver logging from the Support section in Wacom Desktop center. Once the issue occurs, please compile the files and contact our support team - https://support.wacom.com
Need immediate help? Contact our Support: https://support.wacom.com

elsevilla
Posts: 29
Joined: Tue 20. Jun 2017, 17:56

Re: Cintiq 16 - Weird Pen behaviour

Postby elsevilla » Fri 21. Feb 2020, 05:35

It seems Wacom dont have a clue about this bug, it would be nice if we see what settings we have in common to see if there is somethign that is missing that havent noticed.

gusharp
Posts: 12
Joined: Sat 8. Feb 2020, 03:09

Re: Cintiq 16 - Weird Pen behaviour

Postby gusharp » Fri 21. Feb 2020, 17:21

I did contact support, sent videos of the problem, logs, etc.
They're asking me to RMA the whole display and I'm not quite sure I should do it.
Not only will I be without my work object for almost a month, it'll probably be useless.
Can someone who's been having the problem confirm it begun with recent drivers?

elsevilla
Posts: 29
Joined: Tue 20. Jun 2017, 17:56

Re: Cintiq 16 - Weird Pen behaviour

Postby elsevilla » Fri 21. Feb 2020, 20:14

What software do you use? I'm guessing this is a windows problem, you also have windows ten right? This is not in a way a driver issue, i noticed this happens in past three versions, but i got to say that its probably linked when Wacom changed the pressure curve, going lower than 25% in upper threshold, i think its related, they changed the driver in the version 3.8.10.28 is a driver that came out on 23/10/2019 last year, ever since the wacom wasnt working okay. I think is linked to this driver.

gusharp
Posts: 12
Joined: Sat 8. Feb 2020, 03:09

Re: Cintiq 16 - Weird Pen behaviour

Postby gusharp » Fri 21. Feb 2020, 22:06

elsevilla wrote:What software do you use? I'm guessing this is a windows problem, you also have windows ten right? This is not in a way a driver issue, i noticed this happens in past three versions, but i got to say that its probably linked when Wacom changed the pressure curve, going lower than 25% in upper threshold, i think its related, they changed the driver in the version 3.8.10.28 is a driver that came out on 23/10/2019 last year, ever since the wacom wasnt working okay. I think is linked to this driver.

Yeah, I'm using win10. Mainly painting in Photoshop 2020, but the problem occurs outside of PS (it even happened to me during calibration).
Think I'll have a frind bring a laptop over and test it on a different computer, tho reverting the drivers made it less worse (reverted to the driver before the current one).
Also, dunno if I've mentioned it, but it only happens with the nib side of the pen. Could not reproduce the error with the eraser side.

elsevilla
Posts: 29
Joined: Tue 20. Jun 2017, 17:56

Re: Cintiq 16 - Weird Pen behaviour

Postby elsevilla » Sat 22. Feb 2020, 19:41

I use Corel painter and i get the same result, I reverted to the driver before October still the same bug, and I'm even using a second pen called 3d with 3 buttons on the side and still have the same problem, so you can discard the fact that you have a faulty pen. I noticed that sometimes the pen stop working when the CPU makes some noises like if the pen is linked to the CPU behavior.

Do you use a mouse too, I'm using a logitech mouse also a Mcafee antivirus.

elsevilla
Posts: 29
Joined: Tue 20. Jun 2017, 17:56

Re: Cintiq 16 - Weird Pen behaviour

Postby elsevilla » Sat 22. Feb 2020, 20:03

Also want you to tes this, do you also have problems with controlling the brightness of the screen in wacom software? This is my second 16 cintiq tablet and they still havent nailed that correctly. Its already a year and still no improvement.


When i asked Wacom about this, they told me well use your videocard settings instead..... and there works perfectly. But clearly their software is bugged.

gusharp
Posts: 12
Joined: Sat 8. Feb 2020, 03:09

Re: Cintiq 16 - Weird Pen behaviour

Postby gusharp » Tue 25. Feb 2020, 21:01

elsevilla wrote:I use Corel painter and i get the same result, I reverted to the driver before October still the same bug, and I'm even using a second pen called 3d with 3 buttons on the side and still have the same problem, so you can discard the fact that you have a faulty pen. I noticed that sometimes the pen stop working when the CPU makes some noises like if the pen is linked to the CPU behavior.

Do you use a mouse too, I'm using a logitech mouse also a Mcafee antivirus.


I'm also using a Logitech mouse. Haven't noticed any noises during the problem, and could not notice any spikes in CPU or GPU usage.
As far as antiviruses, I tested with them installed and uninstalled.

Also I did not have any problems with changing brightness on my display. Could use the wacom software without any hiccups.

elsevilla
Posts: 29
Joined: Tue 20. Jun 2017, 17:56

Re: Cintiq 16 - Weird Pen behaviour

Postby elsevilla » Wed 26. Feb 2020, 19:58

I noticed that sometimes when the pen becomes unresponsive, i see the top bar of the program change color, like im outside of the program im using to paint, its like the pen runs away from the software and its disabled, so i have to rise the arm and put the pen back to make it work.


Had you noticed this behavior too?

gusharp
Posts: 12
Joined: Sat 8. Feb 2020, 03:09

Re: Cintiq 16 - Weird Pen behaviour

Postby gusharp » Fri 28. Feb 2020, 03:41

elsevilla wrote:I noticed that sometimes when the pen becomes unresponsive, i see the top bar of the program change color, like im outside of the program im using to paint, its like the pen runs away from the software and its disabled, so i have to rise the arm and put the pen back to make it work.


Had you noticed this behavior too?


Haven't noticed it. I think nothing happens to the top bar of the program I'm using in my case.
The only similarity there is having to lift the pen off the screen and back to get it working again.


Return to “Pen Displays”