Wacom Customer Support page: https://support.wacom.com/

Wacom Product Resources - Drivers, Manuals, Warranty Information & Others

Mac OS 10.15 Catalina Support:
https://www.wacom.com/en-de/support?guideId=015-916

Mac OS 10.15.4 Update:
What does the Mac OS warning message “Legacy System Extension” mean and why am I seeing it?

eStore Shipping
Please note that reduced UPS service might affect your region due to CoVid-19 situation. See updated details for UPS serviceshttps://www.ups.com/de/en/service-alerts.page?id=alert1

Product Registration:
Please register our products on https://www.wacom.com/register
How do I register my Wacom device?

Arrow Keys w/Pro Pen 2?

Cintiq and Cintiq Pro
Glenn850

Arrow Keys w/Pro Pen 2?

Postby Glenn850 » Sun 26. Apr 2020, 19:18

I have an issue when using the arrow keys on my keyboard while using the Pro Pen 2 on my Cintiq 24 Pro. Specifically the issue seems to be in Adobe Illustrator. When I am dragging out a star shape or polygon shape in Illustrator, tapping the up or down arrow keys should increase/decrease the number of points/sides by one for each tap. However, it seems like when I tap the arrow key, I get multiple additions/subtractions as though I'm holding the arrow key down. It's as though instead of getting a single event of an arrow key, I'm getting a repeating event. This happens very quickly as no matter how fast I am on the key, I can't tap fast enough to get just one addition/subtraction. Please note I have seen this behaviour on multiple keyboards, however if I use my Magic Trakpad to drag out a star/polygon, then the behaviour is normal (a tap of the up arrow key while dragging out a star or polygon results in the addition of a single point/side). It's only when dragging with the Pro Pen 2 that I see the problem. I have to think there is a setting somewhere that I have which is causing this issue and it's driving me a bit batty. If anyone has any suggestions, I'd sure like to hear it. Many thanks.

System: iMac 27 5K Retina (Late 2015) Catalina Mac OSx.15.4, 32GB RAM, Fusion Drive w/2.7 TB HD space free
Tablet: Wacom Cintiq 24 Pro, ProPen 2, Driver set 6.3.38-3
Software: Adobe Illustrator v24.1.2

Glenn

wacom5

Re: Arrow Keys w/Pro Pen 2?

Postby wacom5 » Mon 27. Apr 2020, 08:20

Can you please contact our support directly? The team would need to collect some logs in order to help. Also, please check with Adobe. We cannot exclude this being a issue with Illustrator.
Need immediate help? Contact our Support: https://support.wacom.com

Glenn850

Postby Glenn850 » Mon 27. Apr 2020, 11:17

Thanks for your response. I did that a few weeks ago and they couldn't readily identify the issue. However, they recommended I do a full, manual uninstall of the drivers, etc. and then reload fresh, and sent me the links on how to do that. To date I haven't done that primarily because the procedure is rather onerous and (to be honest) quite out of date, so I've been afraid of accidentally deleting a file I shouldn't, or not getting all the files I need to since things have changed quite a bit since the El Capitan OS (I have been through the list and there are files in places that are not listed in your procedures). I also wasn't sure if they were manning the phones during the Covid crisis. As such, I was hoping someone else might have encountered this issue and maybe had a fast fix via a setting before having to go through a complete uninstall. I'll give it another day here but if I don't see anything further on this, then yes, I'll do the full uninstall and reinstall, then if the problem still exists, I'll contact support directly.

FYI, I found the issue lies with every case of having to use the arrow keys to adjust something while drawing, not just polygons and stars (this is in Illustrator).

I have contacted Adobe, and they had no suggestions to date. However, it seems to me if this were a problem with Adobe/Illustrator, I'd be getting the same behaviour whether I used my TrackPad or my pen. I'm not - this only occurs when I'm using the Wacom Pen on my Cintiq. I am still exploring that however.

Thanks again. Still hoping someone else may have run into this and have a quick fix, but I'm gathering the information together to do a full uninstall/reinstall.

Glenn

Glenn850

Postby Glenn850 » Mon 27. Apr 2020, 18:49

Ok, so I did a complete, manual uninstall as per the instructions on your website and those that were sent to me by the tech I spoke to a while back, then a totally fresh install. I now have .39-1 on my system. It did not rectify the problem. I guess I'll have to contact Customer Support, which I will do first thing tomorrow, but I'll also repost on the Illustrator forum about this to see if there are any updates there.

Glenn
PS - please update your manual removal instructions to reflect all the files and their locations with respect to a Catalina installation. That was quite a job with a lot of uncertainty in finding and removing all the additional files and locations using your instructions. Thanks.

Return to “Pen Displays”