NEW tablet drivers 6.3.21-3 for Windows and 6.3.21-5 for OSX released. For release notes use the link below the driver on the download page. Main change is support for the new Cintiq Pro 16 model and a new 'Wacom echo' feature for MobileStudio Pro.

for Windows: Fixed several problems related to touch and [flash=][/flash]lag in Bluetooth connection mode.

for OSX: Resolved some problems on multi-monitor configurations, issues with touch and lag, alos a penclick and dragging issue in certain situations.

NOTE: When you are using a pen with Mac OS X 10.12, your lines might be wavy. What we are doing about it: We are working on a temporary fix to implement in the Wacom driver while Apple investigates the issue.

Mapping Cintiq 13HD to an UltraWide display (dual monitor setup)

Cintiq and Cintiq Pro
puddlefisher

Mapping Cintiq 13HD to an UltraWide display (dual monitor setup)

Postby puddlefisher » Sat 18. Mar 2017, 07:02

Hi gang!

My setup:
I use a dual-monitor setup for my Cintiq 13HD - resembling an Intuos type of functionality. I normally view the desktop monitor while I work, but glance down at the Cintiq's display for fine details (using "toggle display").

I recently made the jump to UltraWide with a display - an LG 38UC99-W: http://www.lg.com/us/monitors/lg-38UC99-W-ultrawide-monitor

So now my set-up looks something like this (not exactly as I pulled this from the interwebs):

--

My problem
I can't seem to be able to map the active area on my Cintiq 13HD to accommodate for the extra width of the second display - resulting in my input being warped / stretched. For instance, if I were to draw a square on my Cintiq, due to containing the UltraWide proportions in the not-so-ultra-wide active area on the Cintiq, the square becomes this:

I included a red square for comparison.

Of course, I anticipated that this would occur, but I had hoped to use the mapping tools to compensate for the extra width to force the proportions on my Cintiq's active area. But I didn't find any mapping tools that I expected in my settings, just these:

Even though check-boxes look promising, it doesn't constrain my proportions on my monitor, but oddly, makes it so that the offset occurs on my Cintiq's display instead.

I had hoped to find these options, what I've discovered are available only to Intuos devices (but I could swear that I've seen these before with my Cintiq, perhaps with an older driver?):

They're similar options, but this "Mapping" is actually what I'm after, while these particular settings this screenshot is focussing on isn't what I'm concerned with specifically.

--

Ultimately:I want the Mapping options but my intent is to achieve more of a letter-box active area on my Cintiq, which would chop off some of it in order to achieve (seen below).

This is what I want, for those who are more visually-inclined (hopefully most of you if you're using a wacom!):

--

Thanks for putting up with my wonky diagrams - please help me get back up and running so I can draw normally!

Thanks,
-Chris

Return to “Pen Displays”