Wacom Customer Support page: https://support.wacom.com/

Wacom Product Resources - Drivers, Manuals, Warranty Information & Others

Product Registration:
Please register our products on https://www.wacom.com/register
How do I register my Wacom device?

New Operating System releases:
macOS 12 ("Monterey") support: Is there a driver for macOS 12 Monterey?
Windows 11 support: Is there a driver for Windows 11?

Issues with MS Edge browser:
When MS Edge is updated to version 94 and then opened and interacted with a Pen display the computer will crash and give the “Blue screen of death.”
This is NOT a Wacom driver issue, it has been reported from other devices using Windows Ink as well.
Disabling Windows Ink in Windows will resolve the issue.

See https://support.wacom.com/hc/en-us/arti ... -can-I-do-

Does Wacom Cintiq Pro 16 require special type of USB-C cable?

Wacom One, Cintiq and Cintiq Pro
Greenlaw

Does Wacom Cintiq Pro 16 require special type of USB-C cable?

Postby Greenlaw » Sat 15. Aug 2020, 02:08

Hi,

I recently got the Cintiq Pro 16 tablet and I want to swap out the USB-C cable that connects the tablet to the box with a USB-C cable that has angled connectors. Unfortunately, the new cable I got is causing the 'no signal' status on the tablet. The cable I'm trying to use is this one (link to Amazon product page):

AUKEY USB C to USB C Cable Right Angle for Samsung Galaxy Note 10 Plus A80, Google Pixel 2/3/3a/4 XL, iPad and More

I realize not all USB-C cables are the same, so I was wondering what the specs are for the official Wacom cable. Does anybody know if there is an alternative cable with angled connectors that's compatible with the Cintiq Pro16?

The reason I want to use a cable with angled connectors is that my work area is small and I prefer the cable to run directly toward the back of my desk.

Thanks in advance for any helpful info or suggestions.

wacom5

Re: Does Wacom Cintiq Pro 16 require special type of USB-C cable?

Postby wacom5 » Thu 20. Aug 2020, 08:43

You'll need to find a USB-C cable that can carry a DisplayPort 1.2 signal. Easier would be to look for Thunderbolt 3.0 specification cables as these support the DisplayPort and USB 3.0.
Need immediate help? Contact our Support: https://support.wacom.com

Greenlaw

Postby Greenlaw » Tue 25. Aug 2020, 18:31

Thank you very much! That was exactly the info I needed. :)

jmalmsten

Postby jmalmsten » Fri 16. Jul 2021, 14:47

sorry to ressurect an old post. But I've been looking around now for the better part of a year and bought a handful of cables and adaptors.

All I want is an angled USB connector to lessen the huge amount of leverage that is present when I have the cable attached to my Cintiq Pro 16. I mean. with the minimal bend in the cable, it's about a 10-15 centimeters (roughly half a foot of freedom-units) that the supplied cable sticks out into the air at the side of the tablet. Not only is it a very likely source of mechanical failure to have all that cabling hanging horizontally in the air but it also takes up quite a bit of space. So having the connector angling it down 90 degrees would not only ensure a less risk-prone connection so I don't have to fear mechanical damage. But it also would free up a lot of space around the tablet.

As I mentioned. I have tried finding third party cables as Wacom doesn't seem to have anything of this sort available. But either they have not been able to put through enough data or they have been essentially glorified power-cables, I did find one that I used for a while but the image kept cutting out at random intervals. Switching back to the supplied cable fixed that issue. The closest thing to a source of info of what kind of cabling is needed that I have been able to find is this here thread. But the listing in the link in the original post seem to hav died over time.

So.

Can anyone please point me toward a cable that ACTUALLY works reliably and fulfills the expectations of a cable that won't risk mechanical failure due to unnecessary leverage.

Return to “Pen Displays”