Wacom Customer Support page: https://support.wacom.com/

Wacom Product Resources - Drivers, Manuals, Warranty Information & Others

Product Registration:
Please register our products on https://www.wacom.com/register
How do I register my Wacom device?

New Operating System releases:
macOS 12 ("Monterey") support: Is there a driver for macOS 12 Monterey?
Windows 11 support: Is there a driver for Windows 11?

Issues with MS Edge browser:
When MS Edge is updated to version 94 and then opened and interacted with a Pen display the computer will crash and give the “Blue screen of death.”
This is NOT a Wacom driver issue, it has been reported from other devices using Windows Ink as well.
Disabling Windows Ink in Windows will resolve the issue.

See https://support.wacom.com/hc/en-us/arti ... -can-I-do-

cintiq pro 24 new usbport stopped working no device no connected other wacom tablets are working fine on same PC

Wacom One, Cintiq and Cintiq Pro
NiruSky

cintiq pro 24 new usbport stopped working no device no connected other wacom tablets are working fine on same PC

Postby NiruSky » Sun 13. Dec 2020, 11:07

Hello I would really appreciate any advice
So my new 3 months only used cintiq pro 24 which was working just fine stopped working USB port is not recognized by pc anymore I have two computers one pc with windows 7 and other old laptop neither of them will recognize or do any action or little even pop action up when I connect cintiq usb cable
I am using HDMI port and usb A type port the strangest thing is my second Wacom into us pro works fine with both computers even key (remote black blob thing ) works and is recognized when I connect it independently to pc I tried everything from rebooting pc to reinstalling drivers Wacom cintiq is not shown in device manager or inhuman interface devices it is like cord or USB port is fried or damaged but other then that cintiq looks just fine and new there are some questions which did not give me rest at night lol
1- I have been trying to solve this cintiq problem for weeks and only once after unplugging usb cord multiple times to find the problem I plugged it in pc port and it worked, usb connection was working just fine then I unplugged cord and after that it stopped workin I tried different USB ports but same
2 -before this happened my windows 7 rebooted and in bios options that says start windows normally I choose start windows normally could this be the cause of cintiq malfunction I can not find connection I updated windows but this did not help again my intuous pro woks just fine in this pc
3- both cintiq and intuous pro can run on same Wacom drivers I have been using them for months without any problem
So what should I do should reinstall windows or try other usb cord I am very careful with my devices so never did anything to damage the cord it looks fine
Please any advice would be really appreciated I am very curious what is the cause does my cintiq fried inside ?maybe and usb motherboard inside is damaged then why it turned on only once after this incident ? Wacom support suggesting sending unit to Germany for repair but currently i am in the lockdown in my country I can cot arrange sending unit I am afraid to live house there is very high risk of catching Covid in my country
Please need help advice thank you

wacom5

Re: cintiq pro 24 new usbport stopped working no device no connected other wacom tablets are working fine on same PC

Postby wacom5 » Mon 14. Dec 2020, 12:23

Try replacing the USB cable for starters. If this still doesn't work, contact our support team.
Need immediate help? Contact our Support: https://support.wacom.com

NiruSky

Re: cintiq pro 24 new usbport stopped working no device no connected other wacom tablets are working fine on same PC

Postby NiruSky » Mon 14. Dec 2020, 15:20

wacom5 wrote:Try replacing the USB cable for starters. If this still doesn't work, contact our support team.

Hello thank you for reply yes I just purchased usb a 3.0 type port from Amazon and waiting for it to arrive but my cables are so new how could they get damage so soon I don’t even touch them

NiruSky

Postby NiruSky » Wed 23. Dec 2020, 09:53

Wanted to say If anyone stumbles upon this and has the same issues changing USB cable to new one does not fix the problem unfortunately 99 perfect this is something "bug" or problem that was initially with cintip24p so after a lot of research I did by myself it looked like any windows update or changes with windouws update can trigger cintiq to lose data of tablet /pen touch screen functioning and damage is permanent this might not happen when windows updates if you are lucky I have not tested if this is because of new wacom drivers but I doubt it is , I lost trust in wacom unfortunately having cintiq24pro was nightmarish experience for me I should have spent time painting on it but instead I spend months fixing it and trying to understand what happened to it

Gary21

Postby Gary21 » Mon 23. Aug 2021, 18:27

Same here. After 2.5 yrs of working fine, WACOM Cintiq pro 24 just stopped - 'No device Connected' Win 10 pro, so tried another laptop, same err msg. Sent it back to Germany, was issued a replacement 2020 WCP 24 made in 2020. Same err Msg. Old Intuos Pro still works fine, so does a XP-Pen.
No other USB connected device fails to connect.

I have tried just about every cure posted anywhere, nothing has cured it. Laptop is about 2018

Device name DESKTOP-SULOLR6
Processor Intel(R) Core(TM) i7-7700HQ CPU @ 2.80GHz 2.80 GHz
Installed RAM 32.0 GB (31.8 GB usable)
Device ID 080B7C22-81C5-4EF5-972B-2ACD9FF143E0
Product ID 00330-70000-00002-AAOEM
System type 64-bit operating system, x64-based processor
Pen and touch Pen support Edition

Windows 10 Pro
Version 20H2
Installed on ‎26/‎11/‎2020
OS build 19042.1165
Experience Windows Feature Experience Pack 120.2212.3530.0

Once got ErrMsg something like USB port failed to interpret ....

I have tried old and new drivers, of all Wacom files, everything.
$2k graphics laptop, $2k Wacom = so much junk. LKast time I looked n a MSFT forum there were 749 people with the same question, WACOM act as if they never heard of it before and seem to have No solution, Same goes for MSFT. WTF?

wacom5

Postby wacom5 » Tue 24. Aug 2021, 19:38

Can you be more clear on what the error message is?
What was the diagnose from the repair team in Germany?

Gary21

Postby Gary21 » Tue 24. Aug 2021, 20:32

Hi,
The ErrMsg about the USB fail only happened once and it disappeared in a few seconds.
The only msg now is No device connected, But that only happens with the Cintiq Pro 24, the Intuos and XP Pen work on the same USB ports.
The USB C cable never worked from new, I was using the old large USB ports since the Cintiq first came out.
The repair centre in Germany did not comment on the error. They sent back a 2020 manufactured replacement.
The video connection works.

wacom5

Postby wacom5 » Wed 25. Aug 2021, 17:02

So if I understand correctly, the USB-C port never worked and you have to use the standard USB 2.0 port and another video port to connect your Cintiq Pro correct? Is this working correctly with this setup?
Did you try replace the USB-C cable?
Are you sure the USB-C port in your computer is able to support Alternate Mode? Please check with the manufacturer if this is the case.

Gary21

Postby Gary21 » Wed 25. Aug 2021, 20:59

Hi
I looked here for Drivers etc but have not started that process of re installing drivers. I don't see any that look USB specific.
https://www.clevo.com.tw/en/e-services/ ... submit=+GO

I just tried connecting the USB cables with no power to the Wacom Cintiq. That works on connecting a 3D printer when the connection fails) The WACOM Cintiq showed as connected to the laptop in the WACOM desktop centre app, my devices. hooray st time since Feb 2021... but after a couple of minutes it reverted to 'no device connected'.

Looking at the Device drivers msgs in pop ups:
The Wacom driver for the Express Key is working correctly
Unknown device ???? request failed
Unknown USB Device Device descriptor Failed

Driver support has detected a USB Serial converter (Single RS232-HS) device was attached to your computer and is searching for the latest driver

Driver support reported an out of date USB driver, attempted to download something and now that notice is gone in Driver support, but cannot connect Wacom Cintiq

In the System Devices USB Controllers section:
' Unknown USB Device (Port Reset Failed) Microsoft, 21/06/2006, driver version 10.0.19041.488
There are 11 devices here USB Composite x2 USB Root Hub (3.0) x 2, Realtek 3.0 reader when WACOM is connected with both USB C and USB 3 cable
Intel 3.1 and 3.0 Controller 1.0 and 1.1 MSFT, Generic Serial Bus Super Speed USB Hub x 3

When starting the WACOM desktop centre there is a blue and yellow shield and warning popup, do you want to allow this device to make changes to your computer.

Level was set to 'notify when device attempts to make changes'

USB ports work with other devices.

I don't have a saved restore point

I cannot be sure if a windows update caused the WACOM to cease connecting, but it is way over 10 days ago( Feb 2010) that it stopped connecting. So cannot revert to previous.

Best Regards,

Gary

See also Your Case #CAS-1969308-P2Z3S1 | WACOM
WACOM 884216 is waiting for your feedback
----------------------------------------------------------------------------
The following is advice from answers.microsoft.com topic https://answers.microsoft.com/en-us/win ... 9915582698

Greg Carmack - Windows MVP 2010-2020
Independent Advisor
Replied on August 11, 2021
Hi RHN. I'm Greg, a Volunteer Moderator and 10 years Windows MVP here to help you.

So did this happen after a Windows Update was installed, because you do not say this in your post - only in complaining about Updates in general at the end - and that would be the most important information for us to know! Also was this a Version Update?

If this was caused by Windows Update(s) the first thing to try is to System Restore to a point before the problem began following this guide: https://www.windowscentral.com/how-use-system-r...

If System Restore doesn't work or the Updates install again and cause the same problem, then see how to uninstall and/or block them here: https://www.tenforums.com/tutorials/8280-hide-s...

If this was caused by a Version Update then for 10 days you can roll it back in Settings>Update & Security>Recovery and then hide it until it matures using the Hide Updates Tool which is explained more here:
https://www.tenforums.com/tutorials/8280-hide-s...

Next I'll give you everything possible to try for USB dysfunction which we see a lot here:

1) Try all other USB ports to compare.

2) Update your Chipset and USB drivers from the PC maker's Support Downloads web page for your full model number, HP Serial Number, or Dell Service tag from the sticker on PC.

While there check that you also have the latest chipset, BIOS, display, network, bluetooth, USB and all other drivers, compared to the ones presently installed in Device Manager reached by right clicking the Start button.

3) Compare the latest drivers with the ones presently installed in Device Manager reached by right clicking the Start Menu. Make sure you have the latest BIOS, Chipset, Display (Video), Sound, USB3, Bluetooth, Network and all other drivers, or else download and install the latest now.

4) If no newer or this doesn't help, then go to the USB category in Device Manager, open each Enhanced, Hub and Host controller, from Driver tab select Roll back if available, or if not choose Uninstall.

If your keyboard and mouse are USB, first program the power button to effect the needed restart after Rolling back or uninstalling the driver. Go to Settings > System > Power & Sleep > Additional Power Settings > Choose what Power buttons do to choose Shutdown.

Finally open the USB controller drivers, from Driver tab choose Update Driver, then Automatically. If that doesn't help then choose Update Driver > Browse > Let Me Pick to try all previously installed drivers queued there.

5) For external hard drives go into Device Manager reached by right clicking the Start button, find drive under Disk Drives, right click to Uninstall, restart PC to reinstall.

If that doesn't help then plug the external into another PC to see if it is detected, if so copy the files out to a folder on Desktop, return it to problem PC to Delete in Disk Mgmt and reformat as shown here:
http://www.wikihow.com/Format-an-External-Hard-...

6) Try all the steps here:
https://www.asus.com/support/FAQ/1043160

7) Go over this checklist to make sure the install is set up correctly, optimized for best performance, and any needed repairs get done: http://answers.microsoft.com/en-us/windows/wiki...

Start with Step 4 to turn off Startup freeloaders which can conflict and cause issues, then Step 7 to check for infection the most thorough way, then step 10 to check for damaged System Files, and also Step 16 to test a new Local Admin account. Then continue with the other steps to go over your install most thoroughly.

8) If nothing else works then do a Repair Install, by installing Media Creation Tool and then choosing to Upgrade Now. This reinstalls Windows while keeping files, programs and most settings in place, and is also the most stable method to advance to the latest version. http://windows.microsoft.com/en-us/windows-10/m...

If you want to report this to Microsoft use the Feedback Hub app in Start Menu where developers are tasked to process consumer feedback. They will not even see it here. This is a tech forums staffed mostly by volunteers trying to help others with your problems.

If you want to post back a Share link from your Feedback here others who see this thread can vote it up and add to it.

I hope this helps. Feel free to ask back any questions and let us know how it goes. I will keep working with you until it's resolved.

Standard Disclaimer: There are links to non-Microsoft websites. The pages appear to be providing accurate, safe information. Watch out for ads on the sites that may advertise products frequently classified as a PUP (Potentially Unwanted Products). Thoroughly research any product advertised on the sites before you decide to download and install it.

Windows MVP 2010-20

Millions helped via my tutorials and personally in forums for 12 years. Now an Independent Advisor.

Return to “Pen Displays”