Wacom Customer Support page: https://support.wacom.com/

Wacom Product Resources - Drivers, Manuals, Warranty Information & Others

Product Registration:
Please register our products on https://www.wacom.com/register
How do I register my Wacom device?

New Operating System releases:
macOS 12 ("Monterey") support: Is there a driver for macOS 12 Monterey?
Windows 11 support: Is there a driver for Windows 11?

Issues with MS Edge browser:
When MS Edge is updated to version 94 and then opened and interacted with a Pen display the computer will crash and give the “Blue screen of death.”
This is NOT a Wacom driver issue, it has been reported from other devices using Windows Ink as well.
Disabling Windows Ink in Windows will resolve the issue.

See https://support.wacom.com/hc/en-us/arti ... -can-I-do-

Cintiq 16 display won't turn on (but the pen works)

Wacom One, Cintiq and Cintiq Pro
InfiniteEntendre

Cintiq 16 display won't turn on (but the pen works)

Postby InfiniteEntendre » Fri 14. May 2021, 00:45

I bought a Cintiq 16 (not Pro) secondhand a couple weeks ago and it's driving me crazy.

The night I bought it, I plugged in the HDMI and USB cords to my Windows 10 PC to test it. It worked perfectly - the display turned on and acted as an additional extended monitor for my PC.

As I only have three display outputs on my graphics card (HDMI, DP, and DVI), and I already have three monitors occupying those ports, I decided to try and attach an HDMI splitter I had lying around to my GPU's HDMI port, with my center monitor and the Cintiq 16 as outputs (I only wanted to mirror my center monitor display to my Cintiq).

Huge mistake.

When I hooked everything up, neither my center monitor or the Cintiq displayed anything. I figured that the HDMI splitter was faulty, so I unhooked it, and plugged just the center monitor back into the GPU. The monitor displayed fine. But when I unplugged it and then plugged the Cintiq back into the HDMI port (along with its USB-A cord) - ***exactly as I did when I successfully tested it earlier*** - the Cintiq would no longer display anything.

I went into Display Settings on my PC. The Cintiq display was not there. I tried hitting Detect at the bottom - nothing. The white power button on the Cintiq flashes every few seconds like it's in sleep mode. When I turn it off and on, it says "Please wait..." and then "No signal. Go to power saving mode".

Interestingly, when I take the pen and move it close to the screen, it moves the mouse on my PC. In addition, in Wacom Desktop Center, the Cintiq 16 shows up under My Devices. I ran the setup wizard and installed the latest drivers (both for the tablet and my graphics card), but when I click "Display settings" in Wacom Desktop Center, it says "Compatible display device not found".

Here is a video I took of the issue: https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=bY8qaSsdAWA

I thought it might be a faulty HDMI cable, so I purchased a new 3-in-1 cable (https://estore.wacom.com/en-US/3-in-1-c ... 3912z.html). It did not fix the problem.

I've hooked up the Cintiq to my workstation (Windows 10), my laptop (Windows 10), and my partner's laptop (2019 Macbook). Exact same issue on all three computers - pen works, display doesn't. So I know that the problem lies with the Cintiq. I tried resetting the Cintiq in Wacom Desktop Center under Support -> Driver Check -> Reset Settings, but that didn't fix it either.

I've scoured the internet and have found no solution to this nightmare. I also messaged support - the representative was stumped, then quoted me $407 USD for a repair.

You guys are my last hope. Any and all advice is appreciated.

worldclock2017

Re: Cintiq 16 display won't turn on (but the pen works)

Postby worldclock2017 » Sat 15. May 2021, 05:05

If it's any consolation, HDMI connections can be fussy at times. I've had many instances where i thought some of my devices were not working when connecting them via HDMI. I have been convinced that my XBox was toast, only to find out that the HDMI cable was playing up, and eventually began working again. 100% of the time, the HDMI connections began working again.

It was just a case of connecting, disconnecting, re-connecting, etc. in no particular order until it got going again.

I could be wrong, but I doubt the Cintiq is damaged from this. Try another HDMI cord, or try connecting it to a different PC/Laptop. You can even try unplugging your graphics card and then plug back in, etc. Trust me- I know it sounds odd to do that, but when it comes to HDMI, I have had very strange things happen with this type of cable - try everything possible and you might just find the solution - for me, it's always come down to unplugging everything, waiting, then reconnecting again.

InfiniteEntendre

Postby InfiniteEntendre » Sat 15. May 2021, 06:46

I thought the same at first, so I bought a new HDMI cable, and tried it on three different computers (two PCs and one MacBook). Same issue on all three - the pen works, display doesn't. Therefore it seems that the issue lies with the Cintiq.

What it comes down to is that no computer will recognize the Cintiq as an external monitor (even though it shows up under "My devices" in Wacom Desktop Center, and moving the pen moves my mouse pointer). At this point I've tried every single configuration and troubleshooting suggestion I could find on the internet. Any other suggestions are welcome!

worldclock2017

Postby worldclock2017 » Sat 15. May 2021, 16:48

Well if you've tried the Cintiq on other computers using different cables and still no luck, then it looks like it needs to be repaired

InfiniteEntendre

Postby InfiniteEntendre » Sat 15. May 2021, 21:41

It appears so. Unfortunately I can't afford the $407 repair cost that Cintiq quoted me over email, so I will have to downgrade to a different brand if it's truly broken.

I'm curious though - have you ever heard of this problem, or have any idea what might have caused it? I find it so strange that the display clearly still works (the "Starting up" and "No signal" graphics display just fine on the screen, and the pen works), and all my computers detect the device in Wacom Desktop Center, and yet I can't get my computers to recognize it as an external monitor.

worldclock2017

Postby worldclock2017 » Sun 16. May 2021, 05:50

common problem, yes.

InfiniteEntendre

Postby InfiniteEntendre » Mon 17. May 2021, 19:52

worldclock2017 wrote:common problem, yes.

You wrote a massive reply condemning Wacom for their unreliable products and then deleted it all and replaced it with three words...why?

worldclock2017

Postby worldclock2017 » Tue 18. May 2021, 05:57

In tablets of Wacom, fixing solution are at all time-sensitive, therefore utmost is to use options of repair or to not impact at very least

That is why

InfiniteEntendre

Postby InfiniteEntendre » Tue 18. May 2021, 07:20

worldclock2017 wrote:In tablets of Wacom, fixing solution are at all time-sensitive, therefore utmost is to use options of repair or to not impact at very least

That is why

You're either trolling me, or a Wacom representative with a tenuous grasp on English commandeered your account and is now posing as you to cover up your dissent. Only two possibilities.

worldclock2017

Postby worldclock2017 » Wed 19. May 2021, 05:38

Why don't you fill this out? You could win a Porsche

NO I DIDN'T

Return to “Pen Displays”