Wacom Customer Support page: https://support.wacom.com/

Wacom Product Resources - Drivers, Manuals, Warranty Information & Others

Product Registration:
Please register our products on https://www.wacom.com/register
How do I register my Wacom device?

New Operating System releases:
macOS 13 Ventura support: Is there a driver for macOS 13, Ventura?
Windows 11 support: Is there a driver for Windows 11?

MacOS Driver Setup:
Setting up the Wacom driver with macOS
and
Troubleshooting the Wacom driver on Mac Video Series

Rumors of new Cintiq27 4K

Wacom One, Cintiq and Cintiq Pro
worldclock2017

Rumors of new Cintiq27 4K

Postby worldclock2017 » Sat 17. Sep 2022, 04:54

There are rumors of a new line of Wacom products in the near future.

One of those rumors is that there will be a new Cintiq27 4K model.

If it's true, I might be an interested customer IF the price is realistic.

No way am I paying several thousands of dollars for a 27-inch monitor. I feel sorry for all those who shelled out up to $5000 (after tax in select countries) on a Cintiq32 only to discontinue it just a few years later. Not to mention the large list of problems that plague that model. Anyone who bought that 32-inch model on impulse is likely regretting it now, so how will Wacom attract them to purchase their newer models after that sort of treatment (suddenly discontinued, multiple display problems, insane prices) ?

The only way is if this new Cintiq(s) are properly and fairly priced.

If it's a fair and competitive price, I'll look at it.

But if it's a ridiculous price just like all of the previous models then I'm out.

yariv6131

Re: Rumors of new Cintiq27 4K

Postby yariv6131 » Tue 20. Sep 2022, 10:07

I think there are no pro products planned. Wacom needs to focus on the entry level because that is where the money is

worldclock2017

Postby worldclock2017 » Thu 29. Sep 2022, 04:49

Let me update this now that the Cintiq Pro 27 is available for purchase on Wacom's site.

In Canada, including sales tax it now costs:

$5425

And it also needs the stand to go with it (sold seperately), so the grand total is approximately:

$6000

No, this is not a prank. Check Wacom's Canada site. It's right there for everyone to see.

Lol. What are they doing

saschek0808

Postby saschek0808 » Sun 9. Oct 2022, 16:27

I got one since a week or so and I love it. The quality justifies the price. Wacom definitely upped it's game by several degrees here. There is no real competitor (no Huion and no XPpen) for this kind of device and it's combination of quality and technology and therefore there is unfortunately still no need for wacom to offer it for a competitive price. I use an iPad too - but it's too small to be used all day. So - the 27 pro was a no brainer for me. I came from a 27 QHD and I was very unhappy with it for several years now. The 27 pro works out of the box. No driver issues at all. But yes - it IS expensive. But it will pay for itself over time.

worldclock2017

Postby worldclock2017 » Wed 12. Oct 2022, 06:25

Happy that you like it.

But maybe you weren't paying attention.

In Canada, after taxes, the cost of this new Cintiq Pro 27 including the stand is:

$6000

A really good, regular 27" computer monitor runs about $200-$300.

So exactly what is the reason for a difference of $5700 ?

It's not pen or touch input, because both of those are available on pretty much every device out there, including your cell phone, and has been for more than the last decade. So it isn't that.

Great to know you're enjoying it but I'm sorry if you shelled out the equivalent of 6K on a 27 inch computer screen then I don't know what else to say.

Just check out the initial comments over the internet. They're all pretty much the same as what I'm saying here. The price makes it a comedy show to be honest. No one in their right mind is paying that for a 27" screen lol. For that price they better give me 10 of them.

But... to each their own. Enjoy, I guess?

nakaru87

Postby nakaru87 » Wed 26. Oct 2022, 05:24

It seems like it should be a lot cheaper for them to make tbh. A 4k 120hz panel in 2022 is almost certainly cheaper for them to buy than a 4k 60hz panel was in 2018. Then you have smaller bezels, no illuminated touch buttons, a standard panel size, a normal VESA mount instead of some custom thing, scrapped the Engine interface which was probably incredibly expensive to make, trashed the remote etc.

The price just doesn't make sense.

saschek0808

Postby saschek0808 » Fri 28. Oct 2022, 20:38

I am working with it for a living. So - the price is not really an issue here. In fact - more expensive is good for my taxes. This device is definitely aimed at pros or even companies and not for the average customer. Believe me - no one of them will ever review their tools on the internet. :) If I was not doing this for a living … I'd definitely said no to it too. For me, who is working on this device for 10 to 12 hours every day, the jump to the sharper and smoother display really makes a difference to me. There is no heat coming any more from the display, that makes my arms sticking to it and my eyes thank me too at the end of the day. I hope, you can accept this somehow and maybe lose the irony next time. I don't need any feet either, since I (and almost everybody else in the industry) have it on a display arm. Oh - and don't get me started on that remote … :) It was crap. The function buttons are back with this one and they are doing their job just fine.

Return to “Pen Displays”