New driver posted for Mac, version 6.3.25 now supporting OSX High Sierra. Windows driver is still 6.3.24. Download drivers and release notes here: http://www.wacom.com/support/product-support/drivers

Note: All users seeing wavy lines using a Wacom Pro Pen 2 with Wacom MSP, Cintiq/Intuos Pro 13” or 16”, please update the tablet pen firmware to address this issue. The update is now available via the Wacom Desktop Center application on your computer.

For clicking problems with Google Chrome see:
http://www.wacom.com/en-us/support?guid ... ListPage-1

16-inch, 27-inch or wait?.

Cintiq and Cintiq Pro
Jeffreyk

16-inch, 27-inch or wait?.

Postby Jeffreyk » Sun 9. Apr 2017, 14:11

Hello all,

I'm new tot his forum since I have a burning question for a few weeks.
I've used many basic tablets of Wacom for more than 10 years, and they are all still working!
Since I trust Wacom a lot, I want to take it a step further with a tablet display.

The 16-inch looks great, and the 4k display is really what I'm looking for.
But 16-inch seems so small, it's the same size as my laptop, and I find that too small to draw on.
I also don't find it worth, to buy a 4k display on a 16-inch screen.

Now I have been looking at the bigger size displays.
What I noticed is, they are old....
Now it seems Wacom isn't fast with updating their hardware.
I just don't feel comfortable to spend so much money on dated hardware.

Does Wacom update every 2 years or 3 years?
If I wait with buying a tablet this year, will it be worth it, or am I just waiting for nothing?

greetings,

Jeffrey

Dinomightkaroar

Re: 16-inch, 27-inch or wait?.

Postby Dinomightkaroar » Mon 10. Apr 2017, 19:16

The 27QHD touch and non-touch were launched holiday 2015. Considering how large and expensive it is, I doubt they'll replace it for at least another couple of years. Before that, the 24HD was around for quite some time I believe.

But yeah, stay far away from the 22 and 24 HD models. They're antiques.

I'd say either get the 16, or the 27QHD. I love mine. However, if you're that afraid, get the 16, and then just trade it in for the larger one when the 27's replacement comes along. Current gen wacoms retain their value pretty well.

Hope that helps.

Jeffreyk

Postby Jeffreyk » Tue 11. Apr 2017, 14:16

Thanks, Dino.

I think I'm just going to wait for a 27qhd replacement.
16-inch is just to small for me.
And since 4k came around the corner, if i want to buy an 2500 euro screen, it better be 4k.
I wish wacom was a bit faster with new technology, i think they really have to update the screens as fast as possible.

Maybe i'm going to keep an eye out for competitors, there are good display screens right now, but just not there yet.
Atleast they update allot faster then wacom and are crawling closer.

greetings,

Jeffrey

worldclock2017

Postby worldclock2017 » Tue 11. Apr 2017, 14:57

As I replied in my other post: just grab the 27", keep it in good shape along with the box, cables, manuals, etc. and then use it until the next one comes along. If you think you like the next one, then just sell the 27" - you'll get most of your cash back and pretty fast - they sell really quick online like Kijiji or Craigslist. Then buy the new one. Win-win. That's my plan, anyways.

lemonsq

Postby lemonsq » Sat 15. Apr 2017, 00:33

I just bought the 27qhd touch, I have been using the 21ux 2010 until now. I was thinking about the cintiq pro 16 but wacom said it wouldnt work with my mac pro 2013 so I got the 27qhd instead. I thought the resolution would be really bad but I think its perfect. I kinda like the softer feeling compared to the ipad pro that is very sharp and hires. Really love the extra space on the 27qhd. If wacom is going for a 4k or 5k 27inch cintiq I think it will be pretty expensive and I think you would need a usb-c to run the display?

Return to “Pen Displays”