New drivers posted for Mac and Win, version 6.3.25. Now supporting OSX High Sierra. Windows driver 6.3.25-3 is updated to versiob 6.3.25-5 now to fix an issue with the WL Kit. Download drivers and release notes here: http://www.wacom.com/support/product-support/drivers

Note: All users seeing wavy lines using a Wacom Pro Pen 2 with Wacom MSP, Cintiq/Intuos Pro 13” or 16”, please update the tablet pen firmware to address this issue. The update is now available via the Wacom Desktop Center application on your computer.

For clicking problems with Google Chrome see:
http://www.wacom.com/en-us/support?guid ... ListPage-1

No Data cintiq pro 16 - Thunderbolt 3

Cintiq and Cintiq Pro
tabletone

No Data cintiq pro 16 - Thunderbolt 3

Postby tabletone » Tue 11. Apr 2017, 16:09

I have a Dell XPS with Thunderbolt 3 , I tried to connect the cintiq pro 16 to the xps with the usb-c cable that comes with the cintiq

It was working only like 20 minutes but suddenly stop working

I have image but not data , the computer doesn´t recognize the cintiq , only works like a second monitor .

What could be the problem ... ?

Cable ...?

Cintiq pro usb-c port ...?

......??????

I uninstall and install drivers several times but doesn´t work

Any solution that I could try ?
Last edited by tabletone on Wed 12. Apr 2017, 22:40, edited 1 time in total.

wacom1

Re: No Data cintiq pro 16

Postby wacom1 » Wed 12. Apr 2017, 07:22

Open Wacom Desktop Center -> Backup Settings -> Reset settings. (This doesn't happen automatically when uninstalling and reinstalling the driver).

tabletone

Re: No Data cintiq pro 16

Postby tabletone » Wed 12. Apr 2017, 22:37

Thank you for the fast answer , but didn´t work .

I tried with other cable but looks that the problem is the wacom driver , doesn´t work right with Intel thunderbolt 3 .

Thunderbolt 3 port only detects the wacom like a second monitor , no data , doesn´t detect the tablet .

if cintiq pro can´t work fine with thunderbolt 3 port I can´t work and sadly I will send back to the shop

Thank you again and a greeting

tabletone

Re: No Data cintiq pro 16 - Thunderbolt 3

Postby tabletone » Thu 13. Apr 2017, 11:00

Sadly I am going to return the cintiq pro 16 .

I will return the cintiq pro 16 only for this reason

With the wacom link works perfect but it is a mess with all the cables .

I saw this video dell xps + dell canvas connected by usb-c and thunderbolt 3 and works perfect .

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=z5p3ysa ... e=youtu.be

Wacom has a problem with Windows computers and thunderbolt 3 and it is a big problem

tabletone

Postby tabletone » Thu 13. Apr 2017, 20:32

The cintiq pro is not detected by my dell xps

I have until next monday to try to fix it if not sadly I will return the cintiq pro 16

Any idea ?
Last edited by tabletone on Tue 18. Apr 2017, 10:13, edited 1 time in total.

YairHerrera

Postby YairHerrera » Fri 14. Apr 2017, 15:05

Hey,
I plan to get a new pc with thunderbolt 3 and a wcp16 in a couple of months, so I'm just reading in advance to see what problems I might encounter. So...
I hope you don't mind me asking, but... are you conecting the display only to the xps with the thunderbolt 3?
I ask this because as far as I know, the Cintiq Pro needs more power than the thunderbolt 3 can deliver, so it MUST be conected to the power also. So you need both the thunderbolt and the power to make the tablet work.

Also I'm thinking if that doesn't work if you checked the device manager, to see if you don't have something like an automatic update of drivers that might cause a conflict, recognizing the tablet just as a display. I say this because you mentioned that it worked for 20 min. So I'd check if it's not something of windows drivers.

Just two thoughts. I hope you can solve it.

YairHerrera

Postby YairHerrera » Fri 14. Apr 2017, 17:21

Also I found this online. Are your thunderbolt 3 drivers updated? I hope it helps

http://plugable.com/thunderbolt-3/support/

http://plugable.com/2016/06/30/investig ... n-laptops/

tabletone

Postby tabletone » Tue 18. Apr 2017, 09:49

Thank you for your answer . Yes , the cintiq has the power connected . Yes I have both connected , thunderbolt 3 to the usb-c in wacom , and the power to the cintiq .

It is very weird . I spoke with one person that he has a dell xps 9360 and he doesn´t have this problem . He has the same thunderbolt 3 driver version , same thunderbolt 3 NVM firmware versión , same wacom driver version . The only thing that we have different is the dell bios because we have different model .

The weird thing is that it was working only when I moved the cable , and stops when I moved the cable again . For that reason I think that the problem is that I have a defective wacom cintiq pro usb-c port .

The computer doesn´t detects the wacom ( If I use wacom link yes , but when I am using thunderbolt 3 there are no way )

There are other person in this forum that he has the same problem with a cintiq pro 13 and one alienware computer .

Wacom , please do you have any idea what could be the problem ?

tabletone

Postby tabletone » Tue 18. Apr 2017, 12:51

I have news , the tablet it was working around 15 minutes , the problem has to be related with the Intel USB 3.1 1.10 driver and wacom drivers

There are something that doesnt work right between them . I don´t know how but suddenly the computer detects the tablet , I connected and disconnected and it was working for around 15 minutes , then I restarted the computer and I have again the same problem .

The computer doesn´t detect the tablet .

If is not the driver then has to be that the tablet is defective .

I have the Intel 3.1 usb drivers updated and using the last wacom drivers but no luck

YairHerrera

Postby YairHerrera » Tue 18. Apr 2017, 21:07

If you mention that the tablet works fine with the wacom link. Then it must be something with the usbc conection. Drivers or cable. I would try using a different usb c port in the wacom... And get a new cable. It should be a thundebolt 3 cable. Just to test. That's the cheapest option.
And i mention this because there are some post and videos claiming the with the wacom link they couldn't get 4k, which is due to the minidisplayport cable that comes with the wacom. That apparently doesn't support 4k.

So... I'd discard the cable being a problem using another thunderbolt 3 cable. Not any usb-c. It shoukd be a thunderbolt 3.
Test it on the three ports the tablet has... And if not that... I'm​ kinda out of options. Maybe look to test the tablet with usb-c in another pc or mac just to discard the defective tablet.

I wish you the best.

Return to “Pen Displays”