NEW tablet driver 6.3.22-3 for OSX released. For release notes use the link below the driver on the download page. Problem mit modifiers on keyboard getting stuck was fixed.

New version for for Windows 6.3.22-6: Fixed various problems - f.e. pen not working after start or return from sleep.

For more details see the driver release notes on the driver download page.

macOS Sierra 10.12.4 + 6.3.21-8 drivers

Cintiq and Cintiq Pro
pixelworship

macOS Sierra 10.12.4 + 6.3.21-8 drivers

Postby pixelworship » Thu 20. Apr 2017, 03:35

This is my life with my $3,000 Cintiq QHD touch since updating to macOS Sierra 10.12.4 with latest Wacom drivers (6.3.21-8):

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=p6cBvSeczAw

After purchasing my Cintiq last fall, I quickly realized the touch feature was far from functioning and remains turned off at all times ($500 mistake).
From Dec - Feb, I was unable to use my EK Remote with the release of Sierra. Previous driver fixed that issue and life was glorious again.
Since updating to latest OS + Wacom drivers I am just plain unable to use the device in any capacity without seriously considering jumping off a bridge.

Wacom. Please look after your mac users. I'm begging you.

wacom1

Re: macOS Sierra 10.12.4 + 6.3.21-8 drivers

Postby wacom1 » Thu 20. Apr 2017, 10:03

If you have problems with clicking, doubleclicking, selecting in Sierra, go to the mouse control panel, select doublclick speed and adjust the slider. You may have to move it to 'fast' or some steps below. Unfortunately the best setting depends on factors of the individual configuration (attaching a mouse or similar device changes reaction times). The setting affects pen clicking with the tablet, but is out of control by the driver.

pixelworship

Postby pixelworship » Thu 20. Apr 2017, 12:23

I already have my Double-click speed set to Fast and tried various other settings to no avail. There's a couple of issues with pointing the finger at Apple.

1) Your forum is peppered with other users telling you that this double-click speed is not a solution. For some it may help, but it's not a solution and simply won't suffice
2) Your last set of drivers released Feb 22 worked perfectly. Why the regression? It seems users have a choice. Wavy lines or inability to click. Both of which are unacceptable for a drawing tablet.
3) Sierra was released September 20. You've had 7 months to work with Apple on a solution. 7 months...

If this really is an Apple issue, why are you still peddling your products to Apple users? It's borderline fraud.

What other solutions do you have? I really need to work.

Cloda07

Postby Cloda07 » Fri 21. Apr 2017, 07:59

Unless you have software that only works on Sierra, I will strongly suggest that you rollback or go through the effort of completely reinstalling El Capitan. Everything is working like it should and fast (even with the latest 6.3.21-8 drivers). I'll never upgrade too soon again (without assurance from users on this forum) as the improvements with regards to daily productivity in Sierra is not all that great relative to El Capitan and off-course, for using the Wacom, has just resulted in heartache and pain.

wacom1

Postby wacom1 » Fri 21. Apr 2017, 08:20

The driver is affected by mouse doubleclick speed settings in Sierra because Apple has re-vamped mouse and touch system handling for Sierra and is still changing this with subsequent 10.12.x releases. Obviously Wacom has no control over these settings in the operating system, that have big impact on event timing. When you attach an additional device (f.e. a mouse), that timing is again different, the tablet driver is not informed and cannot adjust automatically. That is why we recommend that you do some adjustment in the operating system yourself, if the default setting is not working well.

pixelworship

Postby pixelworship » Fri 21. Apr 2017, 14:51

Every computer sold by Apple the last 7 months has Sierra installed on it. If you want to use Wacom products you first have to downgrade the second you purchase it? Awesome.

I remember when El Capitan came out, I received emails from several of the software / hardware companies I had purchased products from stating that their drivers / software were not ready for El Capitan quite yet (Native Instruments, Ableton). It took them 2 weeks and 1 month respectively to send out follow up stating they were ready.

Sierra has been out for 7 months. I never received anything from Wacom stating their drivers weren't ready. Out of the last 7 months, only 2 have been problem free with nothing but finger pointing at Apple. Zero accountability.

I work in the software industry and yes, we have the luxury of living near Apple, but we had several in-persion meetings with their engineers when we had networking issues with our software and iOS. Their user base was far smaller than Wacom. Developers get RC + beta builds of their OS weeks in advance of their public debut.

Wacom, I already told you I tried adjusting every possible setting for the mouse (which is in Accessibility under System Settings on Mac btw - not "Mouse Control Panel"). That didn't work. It is not a solution. I've read countless messages on this forum of others stating the same.

Apple could adjust their mouse settings in each release until the end of time.

Now that I finished venting... I uninstalled latest Wacom drivers, installed 6.3.20-11 (Feb 22) and my Cintiq works perfectly fine again. This is a regression from your wobbly line fix. Stop blaming Apple. You have the solution for the double-click issue in your previous release code. Source control. Git revert.

dsaponaro

Postby dsaponaro » Fri 21. Apr 2017, 15:11

Same issue here. Wavy or crooked lines issue seem to be fixed, but modifier keys are a mess when assigned to the button/s on the pen. Im assuming this is the sticky modifier key issue? Cant use the eye dropper or change brush size in PS or Painter now since they're assigned to my pens rocker switch. Essentially makes my 27QHD touch useless as a tablet for painting. Mac Pro with Sierra 10.12.4.

kenmadsen

Postby kenmadsen » Sat 22. Apr 2017, 09:14

pixelworship wrote:Now that I finished venting... I uninstalled latest Wacom drivers, installed 6.3.20-11 (Feb 22) and my Cintiq works perfectly fine again. This is a regression from your wobbly line fix. Stop blaming Apple. You have the solution for the double-click issue in your previous release code. Source control. Git revert.

Don't feel sad you need a driver from feb.. in windows for pinch zoom/rotate and pan to work correctly we need to use 6.3.17-3 which is from last year.
I have had my 27"QHD touch since they came out, and touch has had to be turned off 95% of the time.
Rather disgruntled my self, since I too invested in this piece of hardware my self. And it was quite hard to convince the wife to shell out 3800euros on a monitor :)

dsaponaro

Postby dsaponaro » Sat 22. Apr 2017, 15:40

Same here. Wavy or crooked lines issue seem to be fixed, but modifier keys are a mess when assigned to the button/s on the pen. Im assuming this is the sticky modifier key issue? Cant use the eye dropper or change brush size in PS or Painter now since they're modifiers assigned to my pens rocker switch. Tried different double click speeds in the accessibility settings but has zero effect.

Essentially makes my 27QHD touch useless as a tablet for painting. Mac Pro with Sierra 10.12.4.

Return to “Pen Displays”