NEW tablet driver 6.3.23-3 for OSX released. For release notes use the link below the driver on the download page. Fixed: Problem mit modifiers on keyboard in combination with pentip, accidential double-clicks etc.

New version for for Windows 6.3.23-1: Fixed various problems - zooming with expresskeys, 'driver not responding' error message and others.

For more details see the driver release notes on the driver download page.

Note: All users seeing wavy lines using a Wacom Pro Pen 2 with Wacom Cintiq Pro 13” or 16”, please update the tablet pen firmware to version 1.2.3.0 to address this issue. The update is now available via the Wacom Desktop Center application on your computer.
There is now also such a firmware update for MobileStudio Pro for this issue.

Current Issues with the Cintiq 16 and MSP16 (Video)

Cintiq and Cintiq Pro
TheNoLifeKing

Current Issues with the Cintiq 16 and MSP16 (Video)

Postby TheNoLifeKing » Sun 23. Apr 2017, 00:49

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=E21MXal0xT0

I'd suggest watching this before you buy a Cintiq 16. There's still a lot of problems with it that Wacom needs to fix. I tired to cover everything I've run into so far.

Nilodia

Re: Current Issues with the Cintiq 16 and MSP16 (Video)

Postby Nilodia » Sun 23. Apr 2017, 08:17

Thank you for your videos!

Can anyone from Wacom confirm that they are working on fixing the wavy line problem? I was planning to buy a Cintiq Pro 16 within two weeks, but I need to be able to draw straight lines slowly.

apixel1234

Postby apixel1234 » Sun 23. Apr 2017, 10:53

Thank you for the video. It is so sad, because I could not wait for the release of the 16 HD cintiq, and now, there is no way I'm buying it.
All the problems you posted are pretty bad, but the worst thing is that having a 2015 MacBook Pro and a top of the line macpro 2013,I won't be able to drive it at 4K. What's the point!?
It's great that they pushed with USBC, but their link should not be limited to 1440. 4K is achievable with a display port.

There must be a disconnect at Wacom. I think they made a product that everyone wanted, but the people in charge of executing the software and hardware parts dropped the ball on crucial details. They will think they missed the mark due to lack of sales, when in fact, they missed in how they communicated and executed.

wacom1

Postby wacom1 » Tue 25. Apr 2017, 10:01

The problem with wavy lines was solved in the 6.3.21-8 driver. - For 4K at 60Hz you need a direct USB-C connection with a USB-C port that supports Alternate mode/displayport.

Nilodia

Postby Nilodia » Tue 25. Apr 2017, 16:54

The problem with wavy lines was solved in the 6.3.21-8 driver.

No, it wasn't, at least not for the Cintiq Pro 16.

TheNoLifeKing started this thread with a video showing wavy lines, and writing: "In Mac and in Windows my Cintiq 16 had wobbly lines even with the most recent update."

Here's another video from two days ago, where someone running Windows with the latest drivers gets wavy lines when drawing diagonal lines slowly with a ruler: https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=3jUGiGkACbQ

Here are more users reporting wavy lines with the latest drivers:
https://www.reddit.com/r/wacom/comments ... _isolated/

Here's even more, again with the latest drivers (at least, that's how I interpret "it's seems like is a driver problem, we need to wait to another driver update"):
https://www.reddit.com/r/wacom/comments ... with_wavy/

Note that several people in these threads report no problems at first, then they double-check by trying to draw slow, diagonal lines, and find that they do have the problem.

I'm going to end this comment by quoting TheNoLifeKing from his video:
"It's just got many, many issues, and there's not a lot of communication from Wacom to us on if they're being fixed, or if they're working on them, or even if they realize them."

From your comment, it seems that Wacom does not yet realize that the problem still exists, on both PC and Mac. o_O
Please, please, pass on the message so that it gets fixed! As soon as I hear that the Wacom Cintiq Pro 16s are working properly, I will buy one.

TheNoLifeKing

Postby TheNoLifeKing » Wed 26. Apr 2017, 05:25

wacom1 wrote:The problem with wavy lines was solved in the 6.3.21-8 driver. - For 4K at 60Hz you need a direct USB-C connection with a USB-C port that supports Alternate mode/displayport.

Happy to see you saw my video, but I'm sorry, this is the exact kind of communication issue I was talking about, you're incorrect.

The wavy line issue was made better for OSX, but It wasn't fixed. But it isn't relevant, as In the example I'm using Windows on driver version 6.3.21-10

Regardless, In both Windows and Mac they both still suffer from wavy lines. As of 5 days ago I made this video with the most recent drivers. Other users are reporting wavy lines too. Check the wacom reddit, this post was made today:
https://www.reddit.com/r/wacom/comments ... _isolated/

On the topic of 4K

It is only supported in the top leftmost port. Nowhere does the documentaton for the device say this or has Wacom support relayed this information.

Also 4k works without a direct USB-C connect too. 4K is supported with the Wacom link, but it seems like the cable you include it's rated for 4k, so it will drop to 1440p unless you replace it. There are videos online of people doing this, and I made a video tutorial explaining it as well.

I understand you probably don't own one of these devices, and you're just trying to relay the information that was given to you, but please, to whoever is telling you these things, link them to this thread or send them that video. I'd be happy to help.

I want to promote and support your devices Wacom, but you're making it impossible to recommend them. I'd love to help you, but it's so hard to even report issues.

wacom1

Postby wacom1 » Wed 26. Apr 2017, 10:56

The wavy line issue in OSX is a problem with Sierra, that basically needs help from Apple to fix. Our driver team can only work around that to some extend, it will probably not get better without some changes inside OSX. - I have no details about the Windows side - there have been a number of changes in Win10 pen support recently, that can effect the situation.

MobileStudioPro and Cintiq Pro have several USB-C ports with different specs, especially data rate and resolutions. Not all ports have USB3.1 speed - there are requirements that some port must work with USB 3.0. It is correct, that for 4K you should connect IntuosPro to the topleft USB-C port. Engineering is looking into the possibilities for HDMI connection and higher resolutions with the Wacom Link. - Sorry I cannot provide more details.

maxforward

Postby maxforward » Wed 26. Apr 2017, 23:20

Hi wacom, thanks for responding to these questions. I understand that it is frustrating to develop software for apple. But your answers do not completely satisfy. Is there an explanation you can give as to why, in Sierra, the wavy lines bug was fixed in drivers 6.3.18-4 and then reintroduced in the subsequent driver releases?

This is the major source of frustration, after all- you have been able to implement bug fixes but not consistently with each release. It is not acceptable. One update introduces wavy lines, and then the next solves wavy lines but introduces sticky keys, and then the next solves sticky keys but brings back wavy lines. Back and forth and back and forth.

You have already solved the wavy lines issue- its somewhere within 6.3.18-4.
You have already solved the sticky keys issue- its somewhere within 6.3.19-6.

Is it there something about each fix that prevents the other from working with it? How can the two possibly be related? One is button related, the other is drawing related. You really mean to say that you cannot implement both fixes simultaneously?

DudeDudsen

Postby DudeDudsen » Wed 3. May 2017, 17:39

Does wabbly lines for me, with latest and previous driver. On El Capitan at 1440p, as 4k doesn't work. Also having the tiny jumps of curser.

DudeDudsen

Postby DudeDudsen » Fri 5. May 2017, 23:23

Sorry, but I got enough after having a email conversation with WACOM "support".

It is interesting how this product gets tested by users who pay 1,500.00 for this device. And I don't want to be part of it.

I was trying to return my Cintiq Pro 16 since the link doesn't work, I still have the wobbly lines and other issues.
My request to return the product and get reimbursed, simply for the non working link, got refused.
I saked for the supervisor's name who is in charge for taking this decision, no reply ever.
The reseller told me WACOM doesn't accept the NON working link as a reason for return.

One question: If you buy a car that is promoted with 5 gears, but the 5th gear is not working, what would be the case?
You return the car without a problem, probably a call back of all models.
Is it because we are a niche, that we have to keep up with a disturbing attitude like this? I really don't get it.

I use WACOM products since 15 years, but in my opinion they have lost it this time. Despite the fact that I think they put a product on the market that is far from ready, I'm disgust by their politics and the way they treat their customers, at least in my case.

If anyone experiences similar (not able to return this product), I'm in for a class action.

Thank you and good luck,
D

Return to “Pen Displays”