New drivers posted for Mac and Win, version 6.3.25. Now supporting OSX High Sierra. Windows driver 6.3.25-3 is updated to versiob 6.3.25-5 now to fix an issue with the WL Kit. Download drivers and release notes here: http://www.wacom.com/support/product-support/drivers

Note: All users seeing wavy lines using a Wacom Pro Pen 2 with Wacom MSP, Cintiq/Intuos Pro 13” or 16”, please update the tablet pen firmware to address this issue. The update is now available via the Wacom Desktop Center application on your computer.

For clicking problems with Google Chrome see:
http://www.wacom.com/en-us/support?guid ... ListPage-1

Current Issues with the Cintiq 16 and MSP16 (Video)

Cintiq and Cintiq Pro
apixel1234

Re: Current Issues with the Cintiq 16 and MSP16 (Video)

Postby apixel1234 » Sat 6. May 2017, 09:42

DudeDudsen wrote:Sorry, but I got enough after having a email conversation with WACOM "support".

It is interesting how this product gets tested by users who pay 1,500.00 for this device. And I don't want to be part of it.

I was trying to return my Cintiq Pro 16 since the link doesn't work, I still have the wobbly lines and other issues.
My request to return the product and get reimbursed, simply for the non working link, got refused.
I saked for the supervisor's name who is in charge for taking this decision, no reply ever.
The reseller told me WACOM doesn't accept the NON working link as a reason for return.

D

I'm also a big fan of Wacom, and thankfully, these things were not easy to order, which gave me a chance to read all these posts and decide to skip this one.

I think that not being able to return a $1500 tablet that does not work as advertised, is insane. Even without the link, the wobbly lines are enough to not make this be a 1500 product. I suggest you use your credit card as a means to get this money back. Tell them that the company refuses to accept the return, that you just got the product and that it simply does not work. It might take a while, but I think you have enough evidence of the tablet not being what it should be that you can make your case. At the very least, your CC pulling the money back might make someone higher up at Wacom aware of the issue they have.

Somebody messed up at Wacom with this model, and they are not handling it well.

DudeDudsen

Postby DudeDudsen » Thu 11. May 2017, 16:41

So Wacom replied saying, that the link doesn't support 4k has always been stated on their website.

Not true, or I don't know on which one! BUT I found one where it has been added in such a rush that they still post on the same page (one of their home pages):
"Connect to any Mac or PC with a single USB-C cable that deals with power, data and video in one" (NOT TRUE).

I'm already disapointed, but it makes me real mad to get bulshitted on top of this misery, sorry.

I received mine quite early and when I first called WACOM support, they where not even aware of the 4k issue, neither the retailer I bought it from (the retailer has updated their site the same day I wrote them about the issue).
Last edited by DudeDudsen on Fri 12. May 2017, 09:00, edited 1 time in total.

OhMyRetry

Postby OhMyRetry » Fri 12. May 2017, 03:09

Still no word on any fixes for any of these issues?

cocouacocoua

Postby cocouacocoua » Fri 12. May 2017, 19:30

Hi i got my CP16 today and the wavy lines are totally noticeable with the latest soft (latest OSX latest Wacom drivers).

is my 3rd big problem with the CP16

cocouacocoua

Postby cocouacocoua » Sun 14. May 2017, 10:43

Hi , I have a big problem with the colors, I have a 22HD and a 13HD with right colors, matching my Retina Macbook and iMac, but Can't get the CP16 colors looks similar to them, even with the option "wacom custom colors" colors are a bit distorted, you can tell this more accused with reds and blues, impossible to calibrate (and with option I cannot adjust the brightness so not an option...)

LulaNord

Postby LulaNord » Wed 17. May 2017, 17:20

Hi...i am a new user here. As per my observation there must be a disconnect at Wacom. I think they made a product that everyone wanted, but the people in charge of executing the software and hardware parts dropped the ball on crucial details. They will think they missed the mark due to lack of sales, when in fact, they missed in how they communicated and executed.

printed circuit board
Last edited by LulaNord on Thu 13. Jul 2017, 19:19, edited 1 time in total.

DudeDudsen

Postby DudeDudsen » Thu 18. May 2017, 11:23

True. Complete failure as a profesional device.

Got mine finally returned, through the retailer! Had to pay the shipping, but soooo releaved, as it was sitting uslessly in the corner.

The fact that WACOM is not taking it back, and the converstaion I had to go through for a simply non working device (as advertised) for $1,500.00 is outrageous.

The CP 16 is not usable at all, at this point. Not even for sketching, in case someone thinks to buy a sketch pad for $1,500.00.
I felt great, but was profesionaly useless. Working for 20 years in the film industry, I never had such a hassle with any device, or with a reclamation.

The worst I learned from this expeerience is WACOMs politic, shutting their doors and the way they treat their customers. I lost so much time and nerves, unbelievable.

I used to love their products, but at this point I hope Dell and Co will improves in the near future and we can expect a smaller "Canvas" or such.

Return to “Pen Displays”