Wacom Customer Support page: https://support.wacom.com/

Cintiq Pro 24 - Fan Speed:
A firmware update was released that should allow you to adjust the fan speed. Please see: here

Windows 10 Fall 2018 Update:
Updating to the newest Windows 10 Fall update? Wacom has identified a few issues within the latest update. Pan/Scroll is not working correctly in some applications. Also, Modifier Clicks do not work when assigned to pen buttons or ExpressKeys, see the screenshot below. The Wacom driver team has submitted a bug report with Microsoft for these issues and will continue to work with them until it is fixed. More information can be found here: here

Mac OS 10.14 Mojave:
Upgrading to Mac OS 10.14 Mojave? A new Mac OSX security feature requires some additional changes to run the Wacom Driver correctly. Please see the instructions found on our support page here. Also, If you have any issues, please try a clean driver install. Follow the steps here.

Wacom Drivers:
December 2018: New driver released for Windows (6.3.32-3) and Mac (6.3.32-3). Download drivers and release notes here: http://www.wacom.com/support/product-support/drivers

Inkspace App Updates: http://forum.wacom.eu/viewtopic.php?f=9&t=1949#p5742

Google Chrome Why is Google Chrome not accepting clicks or is lagging?

Registration
Please register our products on https://www.wacom.com/register
How do I register my Wacom device?

Cintiq Pro 16 - Pen & Touch not working, and keyboard lag

Cintiq and Cintiq Pro
Rocketboots

Cintiq Pro 16 - Pen & Touch not working, and keyboard lag

Postby Rocketboots » Tue 25. Apr 2017, 08:34

Just setup my Cintiq Pro 16 -

I'm using it on a dell XPS 15, with Windows 10, and it is plugged in via the USBc port - so it works at full resolution. I have installed the most up to date drivers, I have also uninstalled an reinstalled them.

However the pen and touch still do not work at all, nor do the settings keys on the tablet itself. I get the message "a supported tablet was not found on this system" when I try to open Wacom Tablet Properties.

I've also noticed that when the device is connected it is impossible to type on the laptops keyboard because the keyboard input either lags, or skips letters if you type too fast. Unplugging the tablet fixes this problem.

nrochen2

Re: Cintiq Pro 16 - Pen & Touch not working, and keyboard lag

Postby nrochen2 » Thu 27. Apr 2017, 23:10

Hello -

I am having the exact same problem with the exact same hardware...

I have contacted Wacom and am waiting on a response. It seems it might be an issue with the laptop, possibly not the cintiq.

wacom1

Postby wacom1 » Fri 28. Apr 2017, 09:22

Can you open the Wacom Desktop Center ? Go to Backup Settings -> Reset Settings. Try different USB-Ports on the tablet. - If no change: Check in device manager for problems.

Rocketboots

Postby Rocketboots » Fri 28. Apr 2017, 11:48

Hi nrochen,

are you using a Dell XPS 15 - 9560?

I'm working with Dell and Wacom tech support to try and resolve the issue. Dell have confirmed all of my bios, and chipset drivers are up to date, and I've already tried the steps listed by Wacom as possible solutions with no change.

nrochen2

Postby nrochen2 » Fri 28. Apr 2017, 18:52

Rocketboots wrote:Hi nrochen,

are you using a Dell XPS 15 - 9560?

I'm working with Dell and Wacom tech support to try and resolve the issue. Dell have confirmed all of my bios, and chipset drivers are up to date, and I've already tried the steps listed by Wacom as possible solutions with no change.

yes, I am using a 9560. I have also done the same. Updated everything available on the dell support site.

I'm also not sure if it is sending full 4k to the cintiq, it seems reduced. when the screen turns on it says "25## x ####" as the resolution (not sure of exact numbers, but it is definitely not the full advertised resolution)

tabletone

Postby tabletone » Sat 29. Apr 2017, 04:10

If you want 4K you have to use the first usb-c port

Rocketboots

Postby Rocketboots » Thu 4. May 2017, 13:03

Hi Guys,

I have a solution - it's not ideal, but it works.

I can get the Cintiq working at 4K, but it's required me to spend £35 on a Benefi USBC - Mini Display Port adapter, and a new mini DisplayPort cable.

However the Cintiq will disconnect 3 - 4 times a day, and, but only reconnects at 2K instead of 4K. Turning it off and on again seems to kick it back into 4K - I don't know if this behaviour is because I'm using an adapter, a problem with the laptop, or funky Cintiq drivers / hardware.

emilia

Postby emilia » Fri 30. Nov 2018, 19:15

Hi All,
Unfortunately I have the same problem as explained in the first post. I am getting video on Wacom Cintiq 16 pro in 4k, but tablet is not recognized, so I don't have any inout. It is not visible in wacom desktop center as well. Additionally after connecting usb-c, laptop keyboard starts lagging. I had to connect bluetooth keyboard to type.

My setup:
Laptop:
Dell XPS 13 9370, I am sure I have all the latest drivers. Tablet didn't work so I updated drivers and it still doesn't.
Laptop is connected via usb-c port (with thunderbolt alternate mode) to top left socket in Cintiq. Cintiq is connected to power supply and laptop.

I installed Wacom drivers (tried two last versions - 6.3.31-4 and 6.3.30-6. I was resetting configuration data each time.

Thank you very much for any suggestions.
Emilia.
Kind regards,
Emilia Baszak
https://emiliabaszak.com

wacom5

Postby wacom5 » Mon 3. Dec 2018, 09:59

Have you tried connecting the Cintiq through the Wacom Link and the standard USB-A cable? Have you tried a different USB-C to USB-C cable? you can test with the short USB-C cable included in the box to cross check.

emilia

Postby emilia » Fri 7. Dec 2018, 14:42

Thank you for reply.

I tried using the same wacom cintiq 16 pro on new macbook pro and it worked there right after connecting usb-c. I don't think it is problem with wacom hardware. I tested wacom using adapter (on older xps which has mini DP input) and it works. I am having screen flickering with 4k resolution, but I guess this is different issue. This is why I bought brand new XPS - to have direct usb-c cable connection and 4k resolution.

So additional steps I did:
1) tested Cintiq on different laptop - works OK
2) Formatted windows 10 and once again reinstalled all drivers - no help
3) Connected using wacom link adapter to XPS - tablet works fine, I couldn't connect video via DP because I am still waiting for usb-c to DP adapter delivery, but I am 100% sure it will work.

Can someone confirm, that actually Dell XPS 9370 (latest, 2018 version) works with Wacom Cintiq 16 Pro? Next week I will try using usb-c docking station with 4k screen and some input devices to confirm, that usb-c thunderbolt port is working on my laptop correctly.

Unfortunately Dell Support is no help at all. They only said they don't support non dell devices with their laptops :D

Thanks,
Emilia.
Kind regards,
Emilia Baszak
https://emiliabaszak.com

Return to “Pen Displays”