NEW tablet driver 6.3.22-3 for OSX released. For release notes use the link below the driver on the download page. Problem mit modifiers on keyboard getting stuck was fixed.

Laste version for for Windows 6.3.21-10: Fixed several problems related to touch on display tablets. Last update for an issue with transferring paper sketches or sketching in Inkspace

Cintiq Pro 16 - Pen & Touch not working, and keyboard lag

Cintiq and Cintiq Pro
Rocketboots

Cintiq Pro 16 - Pen & Touch not working, and keyboard lag

Postby Rocketboots » Tue 25. Apr 2017, 08:34

Just setup my Cintiq Pro 16 -

I'm using it on a dell XPS 15, with Windows 10, and it is plugged in via the USBc port - so it works at full resolution. I have installed the most up to date drivers, I have also uninstalled an reinstalled them.

However the pen and touch still do not work at all, nor do the settings keys on the tablet itself. I get the message "a supported tablet was not found on this system" when I try to open Wacom Tablet Properties.

I've also noticed that when the device is connected it is impossible to type on the laptops keyboard because the keyboard input either lags, or skips letters if you type too fast. Unplugging the tablet fixes this problem.

nrochen2

Re: Cintiq Pro 16 - Pen & Touch not working, and keyboard lag

Postby nrochen2 » Thu 27. Apr 2017, 23:10

Hello -

I am having the exact same problem with the exact same hardware...

I have contacted Wacom and am waiting on a response. It seems it might be an issue with the laptop, possibly not the cintiq.

wacom1

Postby wacom1 » Fri 28. Apr 2017, 09:22

Can you open the Wacom Desktop Center ? Go to Backup Settings -> Reset Settings. Try different USB-Ports on the tablet. - If no change: Check in device manager for problems.

Rocketboots

Postby Rocketboots » Fri 28. Apr 2017, 11:48

Hi nrochen,

are you using a Dell XPS 15 - 9560?

I'm working with Dell and Wacom tech support to try and resolve the issue. Dell have confirmed all of my bios, and chipset drivers are up to date, and I've already tried the steps listed by Wacom as possible solutions with no change.

nrochen2

Postby nrochen2 » Fri 28. Apr 2017, 18:52

Rocketboots wrote:Hi nrochen,

are you using a Dell XPS 15 - 9560?

I'm working with Dell and Wacom tech support to try and resolve the issue. Dell have confirmed all of my bios, and chipset drivers are up to date, and I've already tried the steps listed by Wacom as possible solutions with no change.

yes, I am using a 9560. I have also done the same. Updated everything available on the dell support site.

I'm also not sure if it is sending full 4k to the cintiq, it seems reduced. when the screen turns on it says "25## x ####" as the resolution (not sure of exact numbers, but it is definitely not the full advertised resolution)

tabletone

Postby tabletone » Sat 29. Apr 2017, 04:10

If you want 4K you have to use the first usb-c port

Rocketboots

Postby Rocketboots » Thu 4. May 2017, 13:03

Hi Guys,

I have a solution - it's not ideal, but it works.

I can get the Cintiq working at 4K, but it's required me to spend £35 on a Benefi USBC - Mini Display Port adapter, and a new mini DisplayPort cable.

However the Cintiq will disconnect 3 - 4 times a day, and, but only reconnects at 2K instead of 4K. Turning it off and on again seems to kick it back into 4K - I don't know if this behaviour is because I'm using an adapter, a problem with the laptop, or funky Cintiq drivers / hardware.

Return to “Pen Displays”