New drivers posted for Mac and Win, version 6.3.25. Now supporting OSX High Sierra. Windows driver 6.3.25-3 has a known issue when using the WL Kit - this will be fixed soon. Download drivers and release notes here: http://www.wacom.com/support/product-support/drivers

Note: All users seeing wavy lines using a Wacom Pro Pen 2 with Wacom MSP, Cintiq/Intuos Pro 13” or 16”, please update the tablet pen firmware to address this issue. The update is now available via the Wacom Desktop Center application on your computer.

For clicking problems with Google Chrome see:
http://www.wacom.com/en-us/support?guid ... ListPage-1

Red-tint Screen on Cintiq Pro 16 with Mac OS 12.10.4

Cintiq and Cintiq Pro
wacom1

Re: Red-tint Screen on Cintiq Pro 16 with Mac OS 12.10.4

Postby wacom1 » Tue 6. Jun 2017, 08:04

Another information is that this problem can depend on the length of the cable. If you are using longer cables for displayport, that could have such an effect.

cocouacocoua

Postby cocouacocoua » Tue 6. Jun 2017, 11:07

Hi, I was using the included cables and still having the problem.

it's time for Wacom get closer to the consumer's market color gamut, not talking about the top professional NEC PA302W, but just something near the consumer iMac??

iMac in 2014:
16 millions color
https://macperformanceguide.com/iMac5K_ ... Gamut.html

iMac in 2017:
and the new iMac has over 1 billion colors
https://www.engadget.com/2015/10/30/app ... ns-colors/

OK, the Cintiq is designed to work as second display, but having to compare all the time colors with your better display is annoying... some pinks, greens and yellows doesn't exist at all in the cintiqs!!...

iPad Pro connected to a Mac, Surface Pro... You must feel the Force around you...

yanhanlee

Postby yanhanlee » Tue 13. Jun 2017, 16:40

wacom1 wrote:Another information is that this problem can depend on the length of the cable. If you are using longer cables for displayport, that could have such an effect.

I bought the shortest mini display cable, less than 1 meter. Still not working.....
Won't trust Wacom anymore...

wacom1

Postby wacom1 » Mon 19. Jun 2017, 11:44

We have a new report that the red tint after wakeup of the Mac is related to the night shift setting. Turning this off should help.

cocouacocoua

Postby cocouacocoua » Tue 20. Jun 2017, 14:58

wacom1 wrote:We have a new report that the red tint after wakeup of the Mac is related to the night shift setting. Turning this off should help.

that's right, after night shift the tint was orange/dark orange I had to switch it off, but reddish problem, is another thing.

angrygymnast

Postby angrygymnast » Thu 3. Aug 2017, 18:09

I believe I am experiencing the same problem.
It's been a nightmare purchasing this product and I wish Wacom had been straight forward about issues with sierra.
when I plugged in the tablet for the first time, got a red tint. Corrected the issue with custom calibration. Been working like that for almost a month. However some colors (reds, and pinks, what a surprise) are way off. Muted and seem orangy. I have to check with my main display for color accuracy. Night shift has been always off. The red tint appeared as soon as I connected the wacom but since this is my first display, I thought this was normal. Now after reading about it, I find it's not.

ETA: I restore my wacom to factory settings and here it is what it looks like when plugged in set to adobe rgb (the default). It's RED. >___>

https://www.facebook.com/photo.php?fbid=10211672237456106&set=a.10211672237296102.1073741853.1072141157&type=3&theater

I didn't understand if you guys always had the tint issue regardless of the custom preferences. Like I said, I corrected the color (it was HARD), and the red tint went away. I don't have to do this process every time. And it should not be this hard! My friends told me that you just had to plug it in and that was it. I've spoken with some friends that have sierra and told me about the same issue.

Tested it on a windows computer, there is NO PROBLEM.

I really don't know what to think, or if I should return the device. I paid a loooot of money for this display and color accuracy is CRUCIAL for me. I can't wrap my head around having wacom of all companies releasing defective products. Plus of course there is an issue with the touch function which forces me to turn on and turn off the wacom twice so that the touch function can be detected where it should be (oh and ps cs6 is not working properly either, showing a red bar below when full screen is on. Had to upgrade to CC). So yeah. It's a nightmare. A very expensive one at that.

I was so excited to get my very first cintiq and now I am regretting ever thinking getting one and the most appalling thing of it all is the lack of response from Wacom. This is a driver issue (obviously).

angrygymnast

Postby angrygymnast » Thu 3. Aug 2017, 20:32

SOLVED

What I did was turn it on and off several times *WITH THE CINTIQ ON* (when I checked the first time it was off, so I don't know why the cintiq was detecting as if it was on) . Every time you restart or the cintiq wakes up from sleep, you'll have to do this.
I wish Wacom would do something about it. because it is a driver conflict and for me as I see it is something wacom has to solve to block that function from the mac.
Still, I had to tweak the color manually and I'm looking forward to buy a colorimeter because color is CRUCIAL FOR ME. Here I leave a link providing others with what I did (a FB album showing how I solved it and how the screen looks with the tint and without the tint.)

https://www.facebook.com/angrygymnast/media_set?set=a.10211672237296102.1073741853.1072141157&type=3

I reiterate that I have the latest sierra OS installed, with a retina display iMac (bought at the end of last year, so it's NEW). It's a driver conflict with the Night Shift function on the Sierra OS @wacom1
So the problem is solved by doing what I did OR, customizing colors on the display (which I did at first but I think I am going to resort to the Night Shift toggle).
I want to clarify that this was done by several other artist. I found the solution on twitter and a fellow artist kindly explained to me through pictures what needed to be done.
Please, please wacom, help us solve this permanently!!!!

ETA: this is not a problem with windows. Tested it and no problem at all. Just with Macs running the lates Sierra OS.

Return to “Pen Displays”