NEW tablet driver 6.3.22-3 for OSX released. For release notes use the link below the driver on the download page. Problem mit modifiers on keyboard getting stuck was fixed.

Laste version for for Windows 6.3.21-10: Fixed several problems related to touch on display tablets. Last update for an issue with transferring paper sketches or sketching in Inkspace

Red-tint Screen on Cintiq Pro 16 with Mac OS 12.10.4

Cintiq and Cintiq Pro
cocouacocoua

Re: Red-tint Screen on Cintiq Pro 16 with Mac OS 12.10.4

Postby cocouacocoua » Mon 15. May 2017, 12:03

yanhanlee wrote:I was very excited to got my new Cintiq Pro 16, so I can switch from my 13HD
I am curious does anyone have the same RED-TINT screen issue as me? I do need help to solve this problem!! I very appreciate!!

Hi, i finally returned the CP16 because the fan noise, but I got some decent color scheme before returning it, here there are my setting, is in spanish, but hope you can figure it out ;)

in system prefs/screen/color : Adobe RGB (1998)
in wacom display prefs:
https://www.dropbox.com/s/9sz8plvc2h3d2 ... 2.jpg?dl=0
here a nice color chart to compare screens:
https://www.dropbox.com/s/99by6ez7sy1ec ... 2.png?dl=0

What I couldn't get is a right red or right green gamma, as soon I get the right red, the green goes and viceversa.

So red should be a bit darker and green a bit yellowish.

please, mind that, this while not perfect, is closest to the C13HD I could get (still far from the Macbook Retina and iMac 4K color).

cocouacocoua

Postby cocouacocoua » Wed 17. May 2017, 09:28

wacom1 wrote:Did you have another monitor connected before ? Did you try 'PRAM reset' (shut down the Mac, press Cmd+Opt+P+R while starting again til you hear the startup tone, that resets the Macs graphic memeory) ?

Hi, this is not that kind of problem, is related to your factory settings o drivers under OSX which are not optimized in any way. Colors are almost impossible to calibrate as in windows, which are fine. But OSX is not working!!

Please, say something about this, I'd like to buy the CP16 (again!!)

yanhanlee

Postby yanhanlee » Thu 18. May 2017, 21:39

cocouacocoua wrote:
yanhanlee wrote:
Leamonade wrote:Hi! Yes I had the exact same problem, I found the fix was to go to Wacom Display Settings and change the Colour setting: to Colour Space and then change the Colour Space to Wacom Color Manager 1

Thanks for help! Let me try it when I got home.

Hi, any luck with the fix?? I'm still unable to fix it, on monday I'll return the cintiq :(

right now I do not return my cintiq, but waiting for driver update or Mac OS update.
I think this must be software issue for some reason:
1. no problem on Windows, so I think we can eliminate the hardware issue,
2. while in the log in screen, take a look at the background image, the color is correct! and once log in, the color will turn to red.
3. sometimes when you restart your Mac or plug in again or turn on the cintiq, it will show correct color first and then turn to red.

So from above, I think it pretty much the software issue. So maybe wait for any update from either Apple or Wacom side.

PS: just learnt there is a new driver update release for Mac OS X today, I will try that!
Last edited by yanhanlee on Thu 18. May 2017, 21:43, edited 1 time in total.

yanhanlee

Postby yanhanlee » Thu 18. May 2017, 21:43

cocouacocoua wrote:
Leamonade wrote:Hi! Yes I had the exact same problem, I found the fix was to go to Wacom Display Settings and change the Colour setting: to Colour Space and then change the Colour Space to Wacom Color Manager 1

Hi, in this mode, I cannot control the brightness or contrast, and the colors, while much better than befre, are not accurate, the yellow looks like vanilla, and blues are more like soft violet

Tried also the PRAM thing, even reset SMC just in case. no luck.

could be my unit defective??

I tried everything, but not working...
I think this must be software issue for some reason:
1. no problem on Windows, so I think we can eliminate the hardware issue,
2. while in the log in screen, take a look at the background image, the color is correct! and once log in, the color will turn to red.
3. sometimes when you restart your Mac or plug in again or turn on the cintiq, it will show correct color first and then turn to red.

So from above, I think it pretty much the software issue. So maybe wait for any update from either Apple or Wacom side.

PS: just learnt there is a new driver update release for Mac OS X today, I will try that!

artist1976

Postby artist1976 » Fri 19. May 2017, 20:16

Hi!
Did the new driver fix something? nothing for me, and in the release notes there is nothing about that:
http://cdn.wacom.com/u/productsupport/d ... .3.22.html

I'm wondering if we are the only 3 people in the world using the CP16 on a Mac, or if the others just doesn't have this problem...

yanhanlee

Postby yanhanlee » Mon 22. May 2017, 17:42

artist1976 wrote:Hi!
Did the new driver fix something? nothing for me, and in the release notes there is nothing about that:
http://cdn.wacom.com/u/productsupport/d ... .3.22.html

I'm wondering if we are the only 3 people in the world using the CP16 on a Mac, or if the others just doesn't have this problem...

I guess we are the only 3 keep Mac updated.... I am pretty sure when I updated to the most recent Mac OS X Sierra the problem started. I have a Macbook Pro with Sierra but not the most updated one... everything is normal...

I know Apple now released a new Sierra beta to developers, we can report this issue to Apple as well.

cocouacocoua

Postby cocouacocoua » Tue 23. May 2017, 19:03

Hi, I would be surprised if the reddish screen problem is Siera reated, Can't understand why my others screens, one Dell 10 years old, a cintiq 13HD and my 1 8 and 4 years old TVs (which I connect often to the mac to watch movies) work just fine with Sierra, but the Cintiq 16 won't.

I also noted in windows the colors where more or less OK, but far form being OK, greens where quite dark, I could tell this with the Whatsapp and spotify logos and the iTunes connect background which was greener than in the Dell (which looks similar to the macbook out of the box...)

I also know that, and sorry for this, many of the cartoonist I know, doesn't care too much about colors, is more a designer/video editing obsessed thing. Please, no offense I know many illustrators cares a lot about color and image quality and are very sensitive about that I just saying that designers are more obsessed with color accuracy because represents a big thing in their work (though whoever is OK working with the rice sized pixels of the 24HD is under my suspicion!)

The Cintiq 16 is far from being "Pro" in color matter. that's a fact. You would need to check always colors in a real decent monitor

apixel1234

Postby apixel1234 » Wed 24. May 2017, 06:53

Has anyone having this problem actually used a hardware color profiler to create a profile ( like a Spyder 5 )? For instance, I have the old CINTIQ 13 HD, and the colors are terrible using any default profiles, but using the spyder to make a profile, it's at least in the ball park with my expensive "photo" monitor.

wacom1

Postby wacom1 » Wed 24. May 2017, 13:22

Seems that this is a problem of OSX thinking, a TV is connected and therefore using the wrong color space. Switching to RGB color space (f.e. with the display settings software) corrects that. We have also reports that this happens only with the direct USB-C connection, not with Wacom Link. It is under examination and needs more testing.

Return to “Pen Displays”