NEW tablet driver 6.3.22-3 for OSX released. For release notes use the link below the driver on the download page. Problem mit modifiers on keyboard getting stuck was fixed.

New version for for Windows 6.3.22-6: Fixed various problems - f.e. pen not working after start or return from sleep.

For more details see the driver release notes on the driver download page.

Note: All users seeing wavy lines using a Wacom Pro Pen 2 with Wacom Cintiq Pro 13” or 16”, please update the tablet pen firmware to version 1.2.3.0 to address this issue. The update is now available via the Wacom Desktop Center application on your computer.

Red-tint Screen on Cintiq Pro 16 with Mac OS 12.10.4

Cintiq and Cintiq Pro
yanhanlee

Red-tint Screen on Cintiq Pro 16 with Mac OS 12.10.4

Postby yanhanlee » Thu 27. Apr 2017, 21:01

I was very excited to got my new Cintiq Pro 16, so I can switch from my 13HD to a larger and also portable tablet...however, it is not as good as I thought.
I connected my Cintiq Pro 16 to my iMac, which is a most recent model with Mac OS Sierra 10.12.4 the screen is super reddish especially the white is showing as a pink color. At beginning I felt it was the hardware issue, a bad screen. But then I connected it to my work PC, there is no red problem.

So I tried this on my 3 different Macs, iMac, Macbook(2016), Macbook Pro (2013). The tablet comes to the same issue on iMac and Macbook which are all with Mac OS 10.12.4. However, my Macbook Pro which I didn't updated the system had now problem. Then I upgraded my Macbook pro to 10.12.4. Bingo!!! While I connected the Cintiq Pro to Macbook Pro, it started with correct color and then turn to RED!!!!!

I also tried to connect to Dell XPS, there was no issue on PC.

I am curious does anyone have the same RED-TINT screen issue as me? I do need help to solve this problem!! I very appreciate!!
Last edited by yanhanlee on Fri 28. Apr 2017, 19:59, edited 1 time in total.

wacom1

Re: Red-tint Screen on Cintiq Pro 16 with Mac OS 12.10.4

Postby wacom1 » Fri 28. Apr 2017, 09:27

Did you have another monitor connected before ? Did you try 'PRAM reset' (shut down the Mac, press Cmd+Opt+P+R while starting again til you hear the startup tone, that resets the Macs graphic memeory) ?

yanhanlee

Postby yanhanlee » Fri 28. Apr 2017, 13:24

wacom1 wrote:Did you have another monitor connected before ? Did you try 'PRAM reset' (shut down the Mac, press Cmd+Opt+P+R while starting again til you hear the startup tone, that resets the Macs graphic memeory) ?

Thank you for you reply!
My iMac and Macbook Pro only connected the cintiq 13HD before, but my Macbook with USB-C never connected to any other monitor....they all have the same red-tint issue.

But it sounds a good way to try it. Thank you very much!

Another thing interesting is sometimes when I restart the Mac, the color is correct, and then it turn to red gradually in about 2 seconds.... and sometimes there is no problem at login screen, but while I log in, the screen turn to red again.....

Wacom makes me so disappointed!

Rocketboots

Postby Rocketboots » Fri 28. Apr 2017, 15:21

It might not be down to Wacom. After logging in have you tried opening the display settings and checking which colour profile is being used?

Perhaps a different colour profile is being loaded for that user account one you have logged in.

It also wouldn't hurt to get in touch with apple support about this issue in case the problem is on their end.

yanhanlee

Postby yanhanlee » Fri 28. Apr 2017, 16:00

Rocketboots wrote:It might not be down to Wacom. After logging in have you tried opening the display settings and checking which colour profile is being used?

Perhaps a different colour profile is being loaded for that user account one you have logged in.

It also wouldn't hurt to get in touch with apple support about this issue in case the problem is on their end.

Thanks for your feedback! Very appreciate your kind help.
I set up my 3 Macs colour profile, no matter which colour profile cintiq still looked reddish colour. So at the beginning I felt it is hardware issue.....
I also set up my Cintiq end colour space... no change....

Yes, I may contact Apple regarding this issue as well.

Leamonade

Postby Leamonade » Tue 2. May 2017, 11:28

Hi! Yes I had the exact same problem, I found the fix was to go to Wacom Display Settings and change the Colour setting: to Colour Space and then change the Colour Space to Wacom Color Manager 1

yanhanlee

Postby yanhanlee » Wed 3. May 2017, 13:53

Leamonade wrote:Hi! Yes I had the exact same problem, I found the fix was to go to Wacom Display Settings and change the Colour setting: to Colour Space and then change the Colour Space to Wacom Color Manager 1

Thanks for help! Let me try it when I got home.

cocouacocoua

Postby cocouacocoua » Fri 12. May 2017, 17:00

hi I hacve same problem but Wacom Color Manager 1/2 fix the color more or less because there is a very high red and green , ver contrast, and the other settings cant move as bright , contrast etc, so the screen is always at highest!!!!

please help with this because I have only 10 days to return it

cocouacocoua

Postby cocouacocoua » Sun 14. May 2017, 18:13

yanhanlee wrote:
Leamonade wrote:Hi! Yes I had the exact same problem, I found the fix was to go to Wacom Display Settings and change the Colour setting: to Colour Space and then change the Colour Space to Wacom Color Manager 1

Thanks for help! Let me try it when I got home.

Hi, any luck with the fix?? I'm still unable to fix it, on monday I'll return the cintiq :(

cocouacocoua

Postby cocouacocoua » Sun 14. May 2017, 18:15

Hi, in this mode, I cannot control the brightness or contrast, and the colors, while much better than befre, are not accurate, the yellow looks like vanilla, and blues are more like soft violet

Tried also the PRAM thing, even reset SMC just in case. no luck.

could be my unit defective??
Last edited by cocouacocoua on Tue 16. May 2017, 07:52, edited 2 times in total.

Return to “Pen Displays”