NEW tablet driver 6.3.23-4 for OSX released. For release notes use the link below the driver on the download page. Fixed: Problem mit modifiers on keyboard in combination with pentip, accidential double-clicks etc. Last update for an issue with ZBrush navigation.

New version for for Windows 6.3.23-1: Fixed various problems - zooming with expresskeys, 'driver not responding' error message and others.

For more details see the driver release notes on the driver download page.

Note: All users seeing wavy lines using a Wacom Pro Pen 2 with Wacom Cintiq Pro 13” or 16”, please update the tablet pen firmware to version 1.2.3.0 to address this issue. The update is now available via the Wacom Desktop Center application on your computer. - There is now also such a firmware update for MobileStudio Pro for this issue.

Cintiq Pro 16 Screen goes black and resolution goes back to 2560x1440

Cintiq and Cintiq Pro
ChromeCintiq

Cintiq Pro 16 Screen goes black and resolution goes back to 2560x1440

Postby ChromeCintiq » Thu 4. May 2017, 09:12

Hi, I bought a Cintiq Pro 16 and I'm currently using it on my Windows 10 PC
It's connected with the wacom link and a mini DP to DP 1.2. I'm using the top left displayport so I'm able to run it at 4k @60Hz. After a while it started displaying some flicker (it's a "static" band that goes through the screen) and after a week it's starting to happen more and more frequently. After a few of these each time the Cintiq goes black for a second and the resolution changes to 2k @60Hz, I can temporarily fix this by turning OFF and ON the Cintiq.
Does anybody have the same problem?
Does anybody know how to fix this?
I have already updated my video card drivers and Motherboard BIOS. From what I read online it could be cable or GPU displayport problem. I've already ordered a new GPU (I need it anyway, because I need more displayports).
Any suggestion is appreciated.

wacom1

Re: Cintiq Pro 16 Screen goes black and resolution goes back to 2560x1440

Postby wacom1 » Thu 4. May 2017, 14:43

Do you have that problem with flicker also when using lower resolutions ? Then something is not ok with with the unit. - Can you test with a direct USB-C to USB-C connection and if same happens ?

Rocketboots

Postby Rocketboots » Thu 4. May 2017, 15:05

I'm using a Cintiq pro 16 at 4k via usb & displayport on windows 10 - mine will also periodically disconnect and come back on again at 2, requiring me to switch it off and on again to get it working at 4K.

ChromeCintiq

Postby ChromeCintiq » Thu 4. May 2017, 20:29

wacom1 wrote:Do you have that problem with flicker also when using lower resolutions ? Then something is not ok with with the unit. - Can you test with a direct USB-C to USB-C connection and if same happens ?

I don't run it at lower resolutions, I've used it at 2k in the past but not for much time and for what i remember I had a few flickers but it never went black. I can't test it with a USB-C since I'm using a desktop and the only USB-C port on my motherboard doesn't support Alternate-displayport.
Today I've used it for about 4 hrs and the problem didn't occur, I didn't change anything, yesterday before giving up I had this problem every 5-15 minutes. I'll keep using it and report any findings.
Rocketboots wrote:I'm using a Cintiq pro 16 at 4k via usb & displayport on windows 10 - mine will also periodically disconnect and come back on again at 2, requiring me to switch it off and on again to get it working at 4K.

I'm still trying to understand what's causing this.

ChromeCintiq

Postby ChromeCintiq » Fri 5. May 2017, 21:37

@wacom1 Today I used the Cintiq for about 9 hours, the flicker returned, in total I had about 4-5 of them and the device went black once. I'm starting to lose hope. Next week I'll try a new GPU and cable (StarTech MDP2DPMM6). If everything fails than the Cintiq itself is at fault.
Searching the net for similar issues it seems that this problem is ofteten caused by dongles, cables or ports. Since the connection I'm using right now is:
usb-c---->Wacom link---->usb 3.0 to usb 3.0 and mini displayport to displayport every single piece could be causing this except for the usb 3.0 that only handles the input (for what I know) or could even be the Cintiq port...
Any suggestion is appreciated.
I'll update the thread when my other parts arrive.

DudeDudsen

Postby DudeDudsen » Fri 5. May 2017, 22:13

It is interesting how this product gets tested by users who pay 1,500.00 for this device.

I was trying to return mine since the link doesn't work. The request got refused.
I saked for the supervisor's name who is in charge for taking this decision, no reply ever. The reseller told me WACOM doesn't accept the NON working link as a reason for return.

One question: If you buy a car that is promoted with 5 gears, but the 5th gear is not working, what would be the case?
You return the car without a problem, probably a call back. Ist it because we are a niche, that we have to keep up with a disturbing attitude like this?
I really don't get it.

I use WACOM products since 15 years, but in my opinion they have lost it. Despite the fact that I think you put a product on the market that is far from ready, I'm disgust by their politics and the way they treat their customers, at least in my case.

If anyone experiences similar (not able to return this product), I'm in for a class action.

Thank you and good luck,
D

Return to “Pen Displays”