NEW tablet driver 6.3.22-3 for OSX released. For release notes use the link below the driver on the download page. Problem mit modifiers on keyboard getting stuck was fixed.

New version for for Windows 6.3.22-6: Fixed various problems - f.e. pen not working after start or return from sleep.

For more details see the driver release notes on the driver download page.

Note: All users seeing wavy lines using a Wacom Pro Pen 2 with Wacom Cintiq Pro 13” or 16”, please update the tablet pen firmware to version 1.2.3.0 to address this issue. The update is now available via the Wacom Desktop Center application on your computer.

Cintiq Pro 16 color calibration and fan noise

Cintiq and Cintiq Pro
cocouacocoua

Cintiq Pro 16 color calibration and fan noise

Postby cocouacocoua » Fri 12. May 2017, 19:28

Hi , I just got the Cintiq Pro 16 and have some problems, first and most annoying is the color, I have the 13HD which colors looks relatively good compared to my Retina Macbook Pro 15", but the Cintiq Pro 16 color has a reddish tint, I've trying many set ups, the most similar to the retina is the "wacom custom color 1/2" BUT red and green are super saturated, and yellow looks like vanilla and I'm not able to custom the brightness or other settings, so still not an option.

second problem is the fan noise,is almost all the time running and there is a buzz like a very old laptop sounding which is something incredibly annoying.

Wondering if this could be just this unit or is common because I have the option to return it or change for another unit.

Many thanks

artist1976

Re: Cintiq Pro 16 color calibration and fan noise

Postby artist1976 » Tue 16. May 2017, 12:37

Hello, I have this problem too, I hear a constant whistle, wondering if there is any chance to stop the fan, this is killing me. My studio is very quiet, can't work this way.

Thank you

Cintiq Pro 16
iMac 5K

cocouacocoua

Postby cocouacocoua » Wed 17. May 2017, 09:13

Hi, what about the colors? In Windows was easy with the "temperature" option, but in OSX is a pain!!!!

I could custom color to something just ok, but not optimal, some violets wont show as they should. Reds tent to be super bright...

As in Windows is OK, then my cintiq is not defective, so it's just the bad bad drivers designed for OSX.

How is this possible??!!

artist1976

Postby artist1976 » Wed 17. May 2017, 15:31

The colors are too bright, very bad accuracy, I've been playing with the settings for hours but can't reach a good color calibration.

Anyway, it seems it has less gamut than the iMac, because you can see the difference in pictures with gradients, so a bit disappointment here.

I'm on 4K 60Hz HiDPi mode with SwitchresX and a special USB-C to MDP 4K rated cable (very bad for you Wacom not to include this)

I wish I could return this but can't anymore

Return to “Pen Displays”