NEW tablet driver 6.3.22-3 for OSX released. For release notes use the link below the driver on the download page. Problem mit modifiers on keyboard getting stuck was fixed.

Laste version for for Windows 6.3.21-10: Fixed several problems related to touch on display tablets. Last update for an issue with transferring paper sketches or sketching in Inkspace

New forum, new issues (27QHD jumps to power save mode)

Cintiq and Cintiq Pro
ScotSolida

Re: New forum, new issues (27QHD jumps to power save mode)

Postby ScotSolida » Thu 29. Dec 2016, 11:32

Thanks. Yeah, I'll give that a shot. I overlooked it in my frustration. However, I think I'm going to re-install Yosemite on this computer if I can. It's a pain in the neck and not so great for my day job (music tech writer) but this particular computer is meant to be used primarily for art, so I'd rather have the Cintiq working properly on it.

ScotSolida

Solved? (27QHD jumps to power save mode)

Postby ScotSolida » Sat 28. Jan 2017, 16:10

I hope I'm not jumping the gun here, but I think my issues may now be solved, thanks to the diligence of Steven of Wacom's support team. He helped me root out some straggling files that were not being removed by the Wacom Tablet Utility and provided me with an older driver. Between the two of them, I have now had no recurrence of the Power saving issue during an eight-hour session yesterday and for four hours today.

I am hopeful that this has at last done the trick. Thanks Wacom for helping me get my beloved 27QHD back in action.

ScotSolida

Postby ScotSolida » Mon 30. Jan 2017, 02:37

I am beyond frustrated. After three days of trouble-free use, my Cintiq now refuses to fire up, always going into power save mode. Worse, as long as it is connected, my other monitor (a Dell) won't work either. I was so relieved that this seemed to be fixed, but now am completely gutted.

ScotSolida

Postby ScotSolida » Sun 26. Feb 2017, 22:51

I'm still pulling my hair out over this and support seems to have gone quiet. I've been going back and forth with them so long that my warranty has expired since first reporting the issue - I hope it doesn't turn out to be hardware!

At this point, I'm back on the latest drivers and Sierra 10.12.3. Using Display Port doesn't work at all now, it just goes stright into Power Save mode on power up and then the screen goes blank. HDMI also goes into Power Save mode on power up, but if I fiddle with it, restarting the CIntiq a couple of times and quitting and restarting the Wacom Desktop Center a few times, it eventually comes on and works as expected.

So frustrating after spending so much money on this thing and getting no communication at all from Wacom for weeks now. Ugh. Disgusted. They need to make this right.

ScotSolida

Postby ScotSolida » Mon 6. Mar 2017, 16:14

And, at long last, I got an RMA and the 27QHD is off to Wacom. I really hope this is worked out and my Cintiq comes back in working order (and stays that way). We'll see. This has been going on a long time. Wacom were kind enough to agree to honor the warranty since the issue was reported months before the warranty expired. Fingers crossed.

ScotSolida

Postby ScotSolida » Wed 15. Mar 2017, 16:28

My 27QHD is now back on my desk and the problem I had seems to be fixed - time will tell, but it looks as if Wacom replaced the LCD, so I am hopeful that it did the trick. I have to say, once the Cintiq was in Wacom's hands, the turnaround for the repair was unbelievably quick. They got the Cintiq on Friday - that's only three business days! Astonishing. I don't think I've ever had a faster turnaround on any repair from any manufacturer. Good job on that Wacom!

Now I can finally get back to work!

Thanks Wacom.

Return to “Pen Displays”