New drivers posted for Mac and Win, version 6.3.25. Now supporting OSX High Sierra. Windows driver 6.3.25-3 is updated to versiob 6.3.25-5 now to fix an issue with the WL Kit. Download drivers and release notes here: http://www.wacom.com/support/product-support/drivers

Note: All users seeing wavy lines using a Wacom Pro Pen 2 with Wacom MSP, Cintiq/Intuos Pro 13” or 16”, please update the tablet pen firmware to address this issue. The update is now available via the Wacom Desktop Center application on your computer.

For clicking problems with Google Chrome see:
http://www.wacom.com/en-us/support?guid ... ListPage-1

New forum, new issues (27QHD jumps to power save mode)

Cintiq and Cintiq Pro
ScotSolida

New forum, new issues (27QHD jumps to power save mode)

Postby ScotSolida » Wed 7. Dec 2016, 14:29

Glad to see the forum back online, but boy is it desolate! Only a few members registered. I've been experiencing some strange issues and I want to try to narrow down the source before shipping my 27QHD Touch back to Wacom for repair. Back in September (the day before Sierra was released) I upgraded my Power Mac's OS to El Capitan. This may or may not have to do with the issues that cropped up this week (I hadn't been using the Cintiq much, so I'm not sure). On Monday, my Cintiq went into Power Save mode while in use (as a second monitor, I wasn't drawing on it). I could not for the life of me get it working again. I reinstalled drivers, rolled back drivers, reinstalled the latest - to no avail. I rest the PRAM on my Mac - nope. Nothing. I powered everything down, unplugged it all (Mac included). No use. Finally, I tried upgrading to Sierra. Still no use. This was using the Display Port cable and the included adapter, as I had done for nearly two years. I then tried the HDMI cable. After a few attempts to make connection, the Cintiq fired up. It seemed to have a hard time connecting over HDMI, though. This morning, it went into Power Save Mode while using HDMI. I was able to get it up and running again with a restart, but this was getting a bit scary!

Wondering if it might be the Mac, I tried it on a Mac Mini running Yosemite. It worked immediately. Frustrated, I then plugged the Display Port cable/adapter back into the Mac Pro. This time it worked! However, even as I was typing this, it has gone into Power Save mode once again, after working fine for about 20 minutes.

What the heck is going on? Has my Cintiq developed a fault? My warranty is up in January, so I gotta figure this out, as it's going to be very, very costly to ship back to Wacom.

I am, honestly, a bit frazzled over it. After a decade with the trusty 21UX, I had terrible experiences with the Companion and my confidence is rather shaken. I love my Cintiq and really don't want to work without it.

wacom4

Re: New forum, new issues (27QHD jumps to power save mode)

Postby wacom4 » Thu 8. Dec 2016, 11:05

Thanks for the detailed post.
To understand this correctly: The C27 works on the Mac Mini, but not on the Mac Pro?
(and thus works on Yosemite but not on Sierra?)
This then shows that the device is working as it should. Otherwise we need a different troubleshooting...

We have been seeing some issues with graphics on Sierra, but I thought they were gone by now.

ScotSolida

Postby ScotSolida » Thu 8. Dec 2016, 12:33

Oddly enough, now it is partially working on Sierra again using both Display Port and HDMI. However, it occasionally goes into Power Saver mode again. Worse, the Touch functions are completely screwed up. Though the Pen works fine, when I touch the Cintiq, the cursor reacts on the other monitor. My work as a writer for a computer magazine forces me to keep and up-to-date OS on my Mac Pro - and my Mini is in my music studio, so I have to have the Cintiq working on my Mac Pro, and that means I can't roll back to Yosemite (and I don't want to unless there is a known issue with the Cintiq on Sierra).

wacom1

Postby wacom1 » Thu 8. Dec 2016, 14:45

This sounds like a problem noted by the colleges recently on Sierra: after fast user switching several times, then touch can be mapped to another display. There is no fix yet.

ScotSolida

Postby ScotSolida » Thu 8. Dec 2016, 16:12

And yet more strange behavior: it just now went black (not Power Save mode) and the onscreen keyboard popped up on the other (Dell) monitor. Weird. Power cycling restored it to semi-working order (touch is still reacting on the wrong monitor)

ScotSolida

Postby ScotSolida » Fri 9. Dec 2016, 18:58

wacom4 wrote:The C27 works on the Mac Mini, but not on the Mac Pro?
(and thus works on Yosemite but not on Sierra?)
This then shows that the device is working as it should. Otherwise we need a different troubleshooting...

We have been seeing some issues with graphics on Sierra, but I thought they were gone by now.

Thanks for taking the time to read my post. I should note: I was running El Capitan for a few months as well and the issue started on El Capitan. I had hardly tried the Cintiq on El Capitan, so can't say if it was a problem all along. After trying the usual troubleshooting measures, I then upgraded to Sierra in the hopes that maybe the trouble was relegated to El Capitan. It didn't get better until I plugged the Cintiq into the Mac Mini running Yosemite. After that, I was able to get it partially working on the Sierra machine. However, the Touch issue persists and it occasionally goes into Power Save mode (sometimes with the onscreen keyboard simultaneously appearing on the other display).

I have a deadline (unrelated) to meet using the Sierra machine, but I am now not sure if I should go back to Yosemite on that computer.

ScotSolida

Postby ScotSolida » Fri 9. Dec 2016, 19:01

wacom1 wrote:This sounds like a problem noted by the colleges recently on Sierra: after fast user switching several times, then touch can be mapped to another display. There is no fix yet.

Thanks for the information. Hmm. I wonder if this is related to my other issues. I am not rapidly switching - the touch functions always appear on the wrong screen. I have to figure this out before the end of January, when my warranty ends. Are any of the other issues I've had known hardware issues? My 27QHD is a very early from the production run number, with a serial number in the double digits.

ScotSolida

Postby ScotSolida » Wed 14. Dec 2016, 12:13

This week's drivers seem to have fixed my 'touch' issue. Time will tell if it fixed the Power Save problem. Thanks Wacom!

ScotSolida

Postby ScotSolida » Tue 27. Dec 2016, 22:45

I spoke too soon. Now it seems that I must periodically uninstall and reinstall all software and drivers to get my Touch functions to work properly. they keep reverting to moving the cursor on the wrong (non-touch) display.

wacom1

Postby wacom1 » Thu 29. Dec 2016, 11:06

You shouldn't have to uninstall and reinstall driver to fix a problem. I suggest to use the prefs utility and backup the settings (once everything is working as it should). Once the problem starts again for some unknown reason doubleclick on the settings backup file to restore the settings without new installation.

Return to “Pen Displays”