New drivers posted for Mac and Win, version 6.3.25. Now supporting OSX High Sierra. Windows driver 6.3.25-3 is updated to versiob 6.3.25-5 now to fix an issue with the WL Kit. Download drivers and release notes here: http://www.wacom.com/support/product-support/drivers

Note: All users seeing wavy lines using a Wacom Pro Pen 2 with Wacom MSP, Cintiq/Intuos Pro 13” or 16”, please update the tablet pen firmware to address this issue. The update is now available via the Wacom Desktop Center application on your computer.

For clicking problems with Google Chrome see:
http://www.wacom.com/en-us/support?guid ... ListPage-1

4K only on usb-c (cintiq pro 16)

Cintiq and Cintiq Pro
aernative

4K only on usb-c (cintiq pro 16)

Postby aernative » Wed 28. Jun 2017, 09:21

Just got off a support call with Wacom and they confirmed that 4K is only available over usb-c. I've had this working with the mac book pro, but thats my out and about machine not the day to day work horse so need this to work with the iMac - this is a 2014 iMac with 5K display.

I was advised that an adapter for 4K over mini-display port using a link was going to be available in summer 2017 - having just received the cintiq 16 tablet it shipped with an adapter which has a display-port + usb connector I'd have though that was the same thing? Why would a 4K tablet ship with a 2K adapter?

This iMac has two thunderbot 2 conenctors - checking apples specs these are caipable of running 4K displays -

https://support.apple.com/en-gb/HT206587

iMac (Retina 5K, 27-inch, Late 2014) and later - MST

https://support.apple.com/en-gb/HT204154

States the following -

You can connect a Mini DisplayPort display to a Thunderbolt port on your Mac. Or, you can connect a display that uses a Mini DisplayPort to VGA, DVI, or HDMI adapter. They work the same as if you connect them to a Mini DisplayPort.

I'm confused now - is there any way I can make this work? Is there an adapter about to be released?

I've got 28 days left before I have to post this tablet back to the supplier - this must be possible surely?

JyhncNKN

Re: 4K only on usb-c (cintiq pro 16)

Postby JyhncNKN » Wed 9. Aug 2017, 04:45

I could get 4K using the provided Wacom-link (DP+USB). However, it would only do 4K if I connect the USB-C cable (from the Wacom link) to the Top USB-C port on the Left hand side.

You might want to give this a try if you haven't.

Good Luck :)

wacom4

Postby wacom4 » Wed 9. Aug 2017, 08:00

Generally: The upper left hand USB-C port on Cintiq Pro 16 must be used to get 4k.

We have seen customers who managed to get 4K with the current Wacom Link. Some needed a new Mini-DisplayPort cable.
Other customers were not successful - and we haven't been able to establish a clear rule on why this works sometimes and sometimes not.

Wacom decided to start working on a solution for 4K over Mini-DisplayPort since the adoption rate of USB-C graphics is much slower than anticipated when the started with the Cintiq Pro 16'' planning.

aernative

Postby aernative » Tue 22. Aug 2017, 10:03

4K has just started working for me strangely - I had a new link sent to me and also have a 4K rated mini-display cable in use (haven't tried the supplied mini-display cable yet).

I've still got major issues though with touch now working on the wrong screen and no way to toggle display using the pen (since I need right click, double click and left click as the functions). Anyway - thats a different issue so to keep this on topic...

4K does now seem to be working at this moment - don't know if this is a freak thing or if its going to stop working next power up or wake from sleep so will keep this updated.

Been having no end of problems and decided this morning to turn it off, uninstall, reboot, install then turn it on and it woke in 4K.

Time of writing driver is - WacomTablet_6.3.23-4

aernative

Postby aernative » Tue 22. Aug 2017, 16:04

Have noticed that the resolution does still drop to 2K when the tablet sleeps, powering on and off the tablet brings it back to 4K. For now I've turned off the auto-power down.

aernative

Postby aernative » Tue 22. Aug 2017, 16:13

ARRGHGHGHGHGH

Nope - the tablet seems to drop resolution after a few minutes - this is soooo frustrating! Means I constantly have to power this on and off to return to 4K.

NoiZzz

Postby NoiZzz » Wed 23. Aug 2017, 10:46

hi.

What about HDMI to usb-c adapter?

Ive found something like that

https://www.silverstonetek.com.tw/produ ... 95&area=en

Since im planning to buy pro 24 im really interested in 4k issue on PC....
What do You think people about this adapter?

aernative

Postby aernative » Wed 30. Aug 2017, 11:15

Apparently Wacom are working on a 4k soloution and have mailed customers.

I was getting 4K for a few days but now I'm back to 2K with no clear reason why it's now in this awful non-native resolution.

RE HDMI - for me that wont work, as I dont have HDMI on the iMac, it has display port, I think they are similar though and adapters may not be the answer...

alkafrazin

Postby alkafrazin » Fri 1. Sep 2017, 04:43

aernative wrote:4K has just started working for me strangely - I had a new link sent to me and also have a 4K rated mini-display cable in use (haven't tried the supplied mini-display cable yet).

I've still got major issues though with touch now working on the wrong screen and no way to toggle display using the pen (since I need right click, double click and left click as the functions). Anyway - thats a different issue so to keep this on topic...

4K does now seem to be working at this moment - don't know if this is a freak thing or if its going to stop working next power up or wake from sleep so will keep this updated.

Been having no end of problems and decided this morning to turn it off, uninstall, reboot, install then turn it on and it woke in 4K.

Time of writing driver is - WacomTablet_6.3.23-4

4k just stopped working entirely for me, and I've been hunting around for possible answers.
Haven't found a single thing, but for the touch working on the wrong monitor; this seems to be a bug with the Cintiq and the Windows Touch Display interface wherein the Cintiq is not properly reporting to Windows that it's a touch display. You can fix this by using Windows touch calibration and some weird crap I can't remember, but the touch gestures will be incorrectly calibrated to your primary display's resolution, so unless you have two 4k displays, it's a bit of a mess.
It should also work fine if you set your Cintiq to your primary display, which is what I was doing.

wacom1

Postby wacom1 » Fri 1. Sep 2017, 06:39

In multimonitor situations Windows10 sometimes doesn't know, which display is for touch or pen. If it maps pen or touch to the wrong display, go to control panel 'TabletPC Settings' - Setup and assign touch/pen to the correct monitor.

Return to “Pen Displays”