NEW tablet driver 6.3.23-4 for OSX released. For release notes use the link below the driver on the download page. Fixed: Problem mit modifiers on keyboard in combination with pentip, accidential double-clicks etc. Last update for an issue with ZBrush navigation.

New version for for Windows 6.3.23-1: Fixed various problems - zooming with expresskeys, 'driver not responding' error message and others.

For more details see the driver release notes on the driver download page.

Note: All users seeing wavy lines using a Wacom Pro Pen 2 with Wacom Cintiq Pro 13” or 16”, please update the tablet pen firmware to version 1.2.3.0 to address this issue. The update is now available via the Wacom Desktop Center application on your computer. - There is now also such a firmware update for MobileStudio Pro for this issue.

4K only on usb-c (cintiq pro 16)

Cintiq and Cintiq Pro
aernative

4K only on usb-c (cintiq pro 16)

Postby aernative » Wed 28. Jun 2017, 09:21

Just got off a support call with Wacom and they confirmed that 4K is only available over usb-c. I've had this working with the mac book pro, but thats my out and about machine not the day to day work horse so need this to work with the iMac - this is a 2014 iMac with 5K display.

I was advised that an adapter for 4K over mini-display port using a link was going to be available in summer 2017 - having just received the cintiq 16 tablet it shipped with an adapter which has a display-port + usb connector I'd have though that was the same thing? Why would a 4K tablet ship with a 2K adapter?

This iMac has two thunderbot 2 conenctors - checking apples specs these are caipable of running 4K displays -

https://support.apple.com/en-gb/HT206587

iMac (Retina 5K, 27-inch, Late 2014) and later - MST

https://support.apple.com/en-gb/HT204154

States the following -

You can connect a Mini DisplayPort display to a Thunderbolt port on your Mac. Or, you can connect a display that uses a Mini DisplayPort to VGA, DVI, or HDMI adapter. They work the same as if you connect them to a Mini DisplayPort.

I'm confused now - is there any way I can make this work? Is there an adapter about to be released?

I've got 28 days left before I have to post this tablet back to the supplier - this must be possible surely?

JyhncNKN

Re: 4K only on usb-c (cintiq pro 16)

Postby JyhncNKN » Wed 9. Aug 2017, 04:45

I could get 4K using the provided Wacom-link (DP+USB). However, it would only do 4K if I connect the USB-C cable (from the Wacom link) to the Top USB-C port on the Left hand side.

You might want to give this a try if you haven't.

Good Luck :)

wacom4

Re: 4K only on usb-c (cintiq pro 16)

Postby wacom4 » Wed 9. Aug 2017, 08:00

Generally: The upper left hand USB-C port on Cintiq Pro 16 must be used to get 4k.

We have seen customers who managed to get 4K with the current Wacom Link. Some needed a new Mini-DisplayPort cable.
Other customers were not successful - and we haven't been able to establish a clear rule on why this works sometimes and sometimes not.

Wacom decided to start working on a solution for 4K over Mini-DisplayPort since the adoption rate of USB-C graphics is much slower than anticipated when the started with the Cintiq Pro 16'' planning.

Return to “Pen Displays”