NEW tablet driver 6.3.23-3 for OSX released. For release notes use the link below the driver on the download page. Fixed: Problem mit modifiers on keyboard in combination with pentip, accidential double-clicks etc.

New version for for Windows 6.3.23-1: Fixed various problems - zooming with expresskeys, 'driver not responding' error message and others.

For more details see the driver release notes on the driver download page.

Note: All users seeing wavy lines using a Wacom Pro Pen 2 with Wacom Cintiq Pro 13” or 16”, please update the tablet pen firmware to version 1.2.3.0 to address this issue. The update is now available via the Wacom Desktop Center application on your computer.
There is now also such a firmware update for MobileStudio Pro for this issue.

Cintiq Performance on Sierra (Jagged Lines)

Cintiq and Cintiq Pro
Jordanteruya

Cintiq Performance on Sierra (Jagged Lines)

Postby Jordanteruya » Mon 26. Dec 2016, 04:49

I own the Cintiq 21UX (DTK-2100). I recently bought the MacBook Pro 2016. After troubleshooting, I've concluded that Sierra causes problems for certain pen displays. It's not the applications (Photoshop CSX, CC, Autodesk,etc.). It's the operating system. My old MBP was a 2011 model running El Capitan, and had no such problems.

Linked below are a series of scribbles I drew with my Cintiq on those two different computers on their respective OS (Photoshop for CC was excluded from El Capitan due to my license).

http://imgur.com/a/TmDZB

I drew the same type of scribble at different magnifications across multiple drawing apps on both OS. The lines get worse when you zoom out on Sierra. And I know that it's not the way I draw because of the results on El Capitan.

To confirm my suspicions I temporarily upgraded my 2011 MBP to Sierra, and again, the lines turned out the same.

I not sure anymore if I'm looking for a solution or just the right person to hear me out. All I know is I can't work knowing this problem will persist.

Onii077

Re: Cintiq Performance on Sierra (Jagged Lines)

Postby Onii077 » Tue 27. Dec 2016, 16:19

For me the only recent driver that does not do this jagged line stuff you show is 18-4. Even the brand new 19-10 still does this for me, but I am hopeful that 20-x (when released) will solve both sticky keys AND jagged lines at the same time!

I have found, and your screenshots show, that the diagonal from top right to bottom left (or vice versa) is the direction that has the issue.

Onii077

Postby Onii077 » Fri 6. Jan 2017, 01:36

Sticky keys is still solved in 20-4 but jagged lines are still here.

I wanted so badly for these to work :)

Wacom if you would like to contact me and perform some troubleshooting (or collect transceiver data) from my machine while this issue happens, I can reproduce it every time by opening Photoshop, Sketchbook or Mischief (I am 99% sure it is ALL programs, but those are the only ones I have currently installed), then drawing a diagonal line with light to medium pressure, starting at the upper right and moving towards the lower left. I have tried the art, grip and pro pens, and all three exhibit the behavior.

If it helps track down the issue, it was corrected in the 18-4 (but those have the sticky keys issue for me) drivers and were a regression in the later ones, so a diff of the code from that version vs all the later versions might help determine the bug. I don't remember what version it was initially introduced in.

Best regards,
Rob

goddard

Postby goddard » Fri 6. Jan 2017, 08:26

I have the EXACT same results the only driver that corrects the jagged lines is 18-4, the latest 20-4 fixes sticky keys but still has jagged lines. This is a nightmare!

maxforward

Postby maxforward » Sat 7. Jan 2017, 01:43

I'm in the same boat with you guys. Everyone at work is asking me about my new MSP 16 and I have to tell them to hold off because the drivers aren't working. Great advertising for Wacom.

heartlesscorp

Postby heartlesscorp » Sat 7. Jan 2017, 03:50

Does anyone have anymore news or updates on this? I'm having the same issue and it's driving me insane. I'm considering restoring my computer to before the latest OS update when this wasn't an issue and then not updating again.

bjornerix

Postby bjornerix » Sat 7. Jan 2017, 16:44

I'm having these issues too!! Running a Cintiq 22HD on Sierra with the latest drivers 20-4 1/4/2017

This is seriously affecting my business now as I'm not able to take on work and do my drawings to the same standard any more. It's not an option for me to re install an older version of the os.

I've tried everything I can think of. Uninstalled drivers, searched for legacy drivers and re installed them in various ways but I can't make it go away.

This really needs to be addressed asap!

goddard

Postby goddard » Sun 8. Jan 2017, 11:53

heartlesscorp wrote:Does anyone have anymore news or updates on this? I'm having the same issue and it's driving me insane. I'm considering restoring my computer to before the latest OS update when this wasn't an issue and then not updating again.

Nope, nothing has changed, I check the driver site every day. If you are reading this and have the same problem speak up! Wacom needs to know this is unacceptable. This practically makes all my Wacom products unusable for any precise drawing.

ScotSolida

Postby ScotSolida » Sun 8. Jan 2017, 17:59

Onii077 wrote:(I am 99% sure it is ALL programs, but those are the only ones I have currently installed),

Actually, this has not yet happened for me in Artrage, Clip Studio Paint, or Painter. I still have a weird bug where the Touch functions affect the wrong screen on startup, forcing me to reload my preferences each session. I'm on Sierra 10.12.2 on a trashcan Mac Pro and using the latest drivers.

Leamonade

Postby Leamonade » Mon 9. Jan 2017, 17:14

I have the exact same problem too. Just updated to Sierra and the jagged lines started immediately. I'm right in the middle of a deadline too! Currently having to drag out my older laptop cos everything I've tried so far isn't working. This is gutting!

Return to “Pen Displays”