New drivers posted for Mac and Win, version 6.3.25. Now supporting OSX High Sierra. Windows driver 6.3.25-3 is updated to versiob 6.3.25-5 now to fix an issue with the WL Kit. Download drivers and release notes here: http://www.wacom.com/support/product-support/drivers

Note: All users seeing wavy lines using a Wacom Pro Pen 2 with Wacom MSP, Cintiq/Intuos Pro 13” or 16”, please update the tablet pen firmware to address this issue. The update is now available via the Wacom Desktop Center application on your computer.

For clicking problems with Google Chrome see:
http://www.wacom.com/en-us/support?guid ... ListPage-1

Cintiq pro 16 - Mac issues - buggy - pen stops working, touch issues

Cintiq and Cintiq Pro
aernative

Cintiq pro 16 - Mac issues - buggy - pen stops working, touch issues

Postby aernative » Fri 30. Jun 2017, 11:23

Presently (aside from the 4K issue with the link cable I've raised separately) I've a few major growing pains with this tablet.

This is definately a long way from usable for me presently and I'm struggling to justify keeping this with these issues mounting up - hoping updates are imminent as presently its practically unusable - this is on an 2014 iMac 27" with top spec graphics, i7 connected via Display port (thunderbolt 2) and usb3 via link.

Touch - often seems to work on primary monitor only and is buggy.

Just now the pen has stopped working altogether - works with a stutter for a fraction of a second only.

The "Express keys" are not working either - only tablet mode button works, switching mode twice seems to bring the pen back to life.

If you want to use both the tablet and your desktop screen there is also a fundamental problem, if you use java based applications the double click never works without using a button on the pen to send the double click signal. This means there is no assignable button on the pen to enable me to switch desktop - since left/right click are essentials also. Since the "express keys" cant be programmed (this would have been an instant fix) to switch the input screen the only option left was to use the touch controls and use switch display using touch which is super tricky to activate.

Please wacom - why not just make the display mode button accept a double tap to switch display rather than switching in the display off?

Also - the touch controls are dreadful - there is no way to use a pen mode (similar to apples touch pad) which makes using touch really nasty. It seems to stick to the main screen and not the table often, this has the effect of selecting text on the screen all the time so the pressure needs looking at too. The touch gestures are not configurable enough either - why can we only customise four and five finger gestures!

Swiping left and right (with 3 fingers or less) may also be a novel way to switch display - but we cant even do that.

Also - if you want to move a window from one desktop to another - the only way I've been able to do this is with extra software (not ideal) to do it using the wacom the only way you can achieve this is by assigning one of the rocker switches to toggle desktop and then dragging the window and hitting the button - the window then comes with the pointer to the other desktop. We have two hands - so if the express key was programmable to do the same you could still move the window with the pointer.

aernative

Re: Cintiq pro 16 - Mac issues - buggy - pen stops working, touch issues

Postby aernative » Sat 1. Jul 2017, 15:55

Updated the post title as over the weekend I've been trying to get on with this tablet using the latest Mac book pro - this has USB-C so hoping for great things.

Unfortunately - many issues present just the same as on the iMac but this time in glorious 4K.

In fact this is even worse than the problems on the iMac - just had the screen flicker out and go black - despite the interactions definitely registering whilst using affinity photo full screen on the tablet screen. Once this happened both the mac's touchpad and the tablets pointer became very unresponsive moving the pointer with a stutter. (Switched display to use tablet on my main screen to try and get to the tablet properties in system prefs).

Turning the tablet off the touch pad on the Mac works again - on or off the Wacom prefs pane reports no supported tablet attached.

Yes - using latest soft - and yes using port 1 to connect display.

This tablet could be so good but its really not cutting the mustard - for £1400 I expect faultless and this is far from it presently - come on Wacom! Any response on these issues? Any idea of when they will be fixed?

elsevilla

Postby elsevilla » Mon 3. Jul 2017, 13:08

Im having similar issues on windows 10

wacom1

Postby wacom1 » Tue 4. Jul 2017, 06:50

You seem to have USB connection problems. Best is a direct USB connection (not through a hub). In case of trouble unplug and replug the cable, reset the tablet preferences if the driver can't detect it. If several displays are used, the driver offers a 'display toggle' option, which can be configured in the tablet properties 'functions'. - On Windows systems the control panel 'TabletPC settings' -> Setup allows to specifiy which screen is a touchscreen and can redirect functions to the wrong screen.

aernative

Postby aernative » Tue 4. Jul 2017, 09:00

No - this is not USB connection problem - there is NO HUB - the only thing I'm using when using the iMac is the supplied connector.

My problem is on a Mac - iMac 27" and 2017 Mac Book Pro both i7 and top spec graphics, no peripherals - no extra displays - pretty standard setup.

Very frustrated as this is less functional than my older intuos 4, reliable only in tablet mode and even then it stops working when waking from sleep and I have to hit the display toggle button wait and hit it again to toggle back to tablet mode before the pointer works again.

aernative

Postby aernative » Mon 10. Jul 2017, 10:19

OK - have got a fix for the nastiest bugs - there are still some bugs but I'll start a new thread when I get a chance.

The display switching and other functional issues are really issues with the software configuration options and I'm hoping Wacom will do better on the options for configuring the buttons to make this better.

Most of these problems are greatly improved by uninstalling the drivers altogether and reinstalling - the main problems were down to the fact i was using an intuos 4 before and the old driver conflicts with the new one and needs to be removed completely.

I still have some issues but I want to document these fully in the hope of a soloution as this is almost workable.

angrygymnast

Postby angrygymnast » Tue 18. Jul 2017, 18:54

wacom1 wrote:You seem to have USB connection problems. Best is a direct USB connection (not through a hub). In case of trouble unplug and replug the cable, reset the tablet preferences if the driver can't detect it. If several displays are used, the driver offers a 'display toggle' option, which can be configured in the tablet properties 'functions'. - On Windows systems the control panel 'TabletPC settings' -> Setup allows to specifiy which screen is a touchscreen and can redirect functions to the wrong screen.

I have an issue with my cintiq. when I start the computer I have to unplug the wacom (when turned on) so that the touch function can be detected on the surface of the wacom (I know touch function works but unless I unplug it and plug it back again, the touch function -when I slide my finger on the wacom- is detected on the Imac screen cursor). Is it because I haven't specified a display toggle key? I'm new to cintiqs so I really don't know if this is what's happening. My wacom is directly connected to the computer. Everything works just fine. I am a little frustrated about this.

aernative

Postby aernative » Tue 18. Jul 2017, 19:57

I've notticed the same - its a little erratic, when it works its real good - when it doesn't its really annoying. Powering on and off sometimes works. Switching to and from tablet mode can bring it back to life too.

I had it today with Skype and Mail open on the tablet and touch worked on Skype but didn't work in mail! Bizarre... came back to life after a while.

If you have the Wacom preferences open, click about then diagnose to Bring up the information about the tablet and what info it's sending. I forgot to do this last time, I'd contact Wacom with any info you have if with info on what that page shows - more of us that report the issues quicker they will sort them ;)

angrygymnast

Postby angrygymnast » Mon 24. Jul 2017, 20:34

I discovered that launching ps or any software that requires zooms and then turning the tablet off will enable touch function ON the wacom. I'm sick of this, really. I shouldn't be doing this at all. It sees to be a driver problem with Mac (sierra), because I tested the tablet on windows and it works fine. I would LOVE if wacom would do something about it.

aernative

Postby aernative » Tue 25. Jul 2017, 15:35

Just noticed, 6.3.23-4 is now out, would be helpful if the notice at the top of the page told you the release date of the update. Trying this latest version now so hope this will be more stable.

Return to “Pen Displays”