NEW tablet drivers 6.3.21-3 for Windows and 6.3.21-5 for OSX released. For release notes use the link below the driver on the download page. Main change is support for the new Cintiq Pro 16 model and a new 'Wacom echo' feature for MobileStudio Pro.

for Windows: Fixed several problems related to touch and [flash=][/flash]lag in Bluetooth connection mode.

for OSX: Resolved some problems on multi-monitor configurations, issues with touch and lag, alos a penclick and dragging issue in certain situations.

NOTE: When you are using a pen with Mac OS X 10.12, your lines might be wavy. What we are doing about it: We are working on a temporary fix to implement in the Wacom driver while Apple investigates the issue.

Cintiq 27QHD Touch - Pinch Zoom no longer working

Cintiq and Cintiq Pro
cgenmedia

Re: Cintiq 27QHD Touch - Pinch Zoom no longer working

Postby cgenmedia » Mon 9. Jan 2017, 09:03

ricoholmes wrote:hmm interesting .. running firmware 1.01 on mine apparently. do they do firmware updates ? I've certainly never seen them

No I've never come across any firmware updates. Do they install with driver updates maybe?

kenmadsen

Postby kenmadsen » Mon 9. Jan 2017, 14:34

cgenmedia wrote:
ricoholmes wrote:hmm interesting .. running firmware 1.01 on mine apparently. do they do firmware updates ? I've certainly never seen them

No I've never come across any firmware updates. Do they install with driver updates maybe?

Last time i got when updating to 1.03, one of their developers got in touch with me and asked for a serial number and stuff, so apparently not something they do very often.. though the firmware i was using was probably the first release version since i ordered close to the minute they were available :)

DaveLeDev

Postby DaveLeDev » Sat 14. Jan 2017, 06:38

I'm very grateful to have found this thread. I just received a refurbished model and thought it was busted. Here's my specs:

F/W: 2.6.37
WDS: 1.2.9

I'm attempting the 6.3.17-3 drivers now. I've found a direct link you can use:

http://cdn.wacom.com/u/productsupport/d ... 3.17-3.exe

DaveLeDev

Postby DaveLeDev » Mon 16. Jan 2017, 20:42

Phone support has said the latest drivers should be fixed in the next release in February.

ricoholmes

Postby ricoholmes » Mon 16. Jan 2017, 22:20

I'll believe it when I see it (!).. but thank you for the info there :)

kenmadsen

Postby kenmadsen » Tue 24. Jan 2017, 17:20

Has anyone tried the newest driver (6.3.20-5) which has release notes of two finger touch fix on 27QHDT?

kenmadsen

Postby kenmadsen » Sun 29. Jan 2017, 09:40

kenmadsen wrote:Has anyone tried the newest driver (6.3.20-5) which has release notes of two finger touch fix on 27QHDT?

Installed the new 20-5 version to test, it appears to be working!

cgenmedia

Postby cgenmedia » Wed 1. Feb 2017, 09:59

kenmadsen wrote:
kenmadsen wrote:Has anyone tried the newest driver (6.3.20-5) which has release notes of two finger touch fix on 27QHDT?

Installed the new 20-5 version to test, it appears to be working!

After updating my nvidia drivers and trying the new wacom 20-5 driver it all seems to be working. I did have to re-install Ai and PS also to get the pinch zoom etc working properly

Scott

cgenmedia

Postby cgenmedia » Wed 1. Feb 2017, 11:27

Update: OK after using Illustrator for an hour or so i've found that although pinch zoom and navigation works, its not quite as responsive as i'd like it to be (as it was before on the older driver), and my on-screen menus, which i use quite extensively, seem to be a little hit and miss when i tap to bring them up. I'm finding i have to leave the wacom properties window open, and continuously disable/enable the tap feature under 'my gestures' . It lasts for about 5 minutes and then the tap feature fails and i have to repeat the process.
Am interested to see if anyone else is experiencing this issue with the new 20-5 driver?

thanks

Scott

cgenmedia

Postby cgenmedia » Wed 1. Feb 2017, 12:57

Update 2: OK for those of you who might be interested I think I've figured out what the issue is and its a combination of pen and multiple touch input, freezes up the touch input.
I've been testing with the wacom properties diagnostics panel open. Finger 1 input with one finger is fine, finger 2 input with two fingers is fine. I've got 3 finger tap set to an on screen menu which comes up fine and shows both finger 1 & 2 input on the diagnostics panel. The pen inupt is fine. All inputs return to 0 as they should when there is no input. However.....when you use the pen and your hand is resting on the surface of the tablet as it would whilst drawing, then my fingers are picked up as multiple input on the diagnostics panel, with the pen input, and then the finger 1 input freezes and is non-responsive. From then on any multi-finger inputs are not recognised, and you have to sign out or restart.
Hopefully Wacom are watching this thread and can fix this issue.
I know that simultaneous pen and touch input has always been a problem which most people have worked around, but please WACOM can you have the finger inputs reset themselves after such an action so that multi-touch actions can continue, as this puts a real spanner in the works.

thanks

Scott

Return to “Pen Displays”