NEW tablet drivers 6.3.21-10 for Windows and 6.3.21-8 for OSX released. For release notes use the link below the driver on the download page. Main change is support for the new Cintiq Pro 16 model and a new 'Wacom echo' feature for MobileStudio Pro.

for Windows: Fixed several problems related to touch on display tablets. Last update for an issue with transferring paper sketches or sketching in Inkspace

for OSX: Wavy lines problem fixed polus a number of other issues fixed or improved.

Cintiq 27QHD Touch - Pinch Zoom no longer working

Cintiq and Cintiq Pro
ricoholmes

Re: Cintiq 27QHD Touch - Pinch Zoom no longer working

Postby ricoholmes » Wed 1. Feb 2017, 13:07

Outstanding feedback Scott, thank you.

I've steered cleared of updating from 6.3.17-3 until someone can clarify whether it's worth it ("if it ain't broke, don't try to fix it..."). You've definitely saved some frustration - thanks again for jumping on that grenade for us :)

On a side note I got an email from support asking for support feeback, pointing to (probably) a questionnaire.
It pointed to a blank page. ohhh the irony

/RH

cgenmedia

Postby cgenmedia » Wed 1. Feb 2017, 14:32

ricoholmes wrote:Outstanding feedback Scott, thank you.

I've steered cleared of updating from 6.3.17-3 until someone can clarify whether it's worth it ("if it ain't broke, don't try to fix it..."). You've definitely saved some frustration - thanks again for jumping on that grenade for us :)

On a side note I got an email from support asking for support feeback, pointing to (probably) a questionnaire.
It pointed to a blank page. ohhh the irony

/RH

I can't see any difference that's of any real benefit in every day use. There's nothing different in the control panels other than the interface being slightly different, but functionality wise things are the same. The only thing i've found that works better for me in this latest update is the touch sensitivity is slightly less, so that when I'm working in AI or PS my on-screen menus don't keep popping up at random any more. But obviously now there is this input issue that needs to be sorted....oh well, roll back the driver again for a minute.

Scott

cgenmedia

Postby cgenmedia » Thu 2. Feb 2017, 09:20

cgenmedia wrote:Update 2: OK for those of you who might be interested I think I've figured out what the issue is and its a combination of pen and multiple touch input, freezes up the touch input.
I've been testing with the wacom properties diagnostics panel open. Finger 1 input with one finger is fine, finger 2 input with two fingers is fine. I've got 3 finger tap set to an on screen menu which comes up fine and shows both finger 1 & 2 input on the diagnostics panel. The pen inupt is fine. All inputs return to 0 as they should when there is no input. However.....when you use the pen and your hand is resting on the surface of the tablet as it would whilst drawing, then my fingers are picked up as multiple input on the diagnostics panel, with the pen input, and then the finger 1 input freezes and is non-responsive. From then on any multi-finger inputs are not recognised, and you have to sign out or restart.
Hopefully Wacom are watching this thread and can fix this issue.
I know that simultaneous pen and touch input has always been a problem which most people have worked around, but please WACOM can you have the finger inputs reset themselves after such an action so that multi-touch actions can continue, as this puts a real spanner in the works.

thanks

Scott

Update 3: So i've been on the phone to tech support regarding this issue of touch input locking up, and apparently its a windows 'palm rejection' issue. So i'm presuming OSX doesn't suffer with this.
When microsoft released their anniversary update to windows 10 they have included losts of functionality for their own pen which they are/have built, which clashes with the Wacom functionality.
The solution is to go to your devices settings and under 'Pen and Windows Ink'...turn on 'Ignore touch input when i'm using my pen'.
So far it seems to be working fine without many lockups, and those that do occur i can free up with a tap of my palm on the screen. Still not perfect but atleast its a better work around than signing out all the time.
Hopefully this helps anyone whos having the same problem.
Scott

ricoholmes

Postby ricoholmes » Thu 2. Feb 2017, 09:53

Again thank you for your posting Scott. It's good to know these things.

I guess I'm lucky in that I don't have the same palm rejection issues with 6.3.17-3 , though that can also be down to individual hand posture, so I wouldn't read too much into that.

Wacom: Why is Scott doing your Job ? Why are these issues and explanations not Sticky or critical posts ?

cgenmedia

Postby cgenmedia » Thu 9. Feb 2017, 13:35

I've tried the latest driver 6.3.20-7. Pinch-zoom in adobe software seems fine, but two finger drag around the document is still sporadic at best, its not useful for any speed of workflow or accuracy. Plus monitoring the Wacom diagnostics panel whilst working, finger 1 and 2 inputs are still locking up, preventing touch input to bring up on screen menus, or do anything with multi-touch inputs. I dont think i'm gonna bother even looking to update drivers any more. For all the issues they claim to fix it just seems to generate more in the process.

ScotSolida

Postby ScotSolida » Thu 9. Feb 2017, 14:24

cgenmedia wrote:Plus monitoring the Wacom diagnostics panel whilst working...

Can you tell me what you mean by this? There's a Wacom diagnostics panel? I am having terrible trouble with my 27QHD and Wacom support seems to have gone silent on me. If there are some diagnostics I can see, I might be better equipped to solve the issue or tell Support what's going on...

Thanks

cgenmedia

Postby cgenmedia » Thu 9. Feb 2017, 14:56

ScotSolida wrote:
cgenmedia wrote:Plus monitoring the Wacom diagnostics panel whilst working...

Can you tell me what you mean by this? There's a Wacom diagnostics panel? I am having terrible trouble with my 27QHD and Wacom support seems to have gone silent on me. If there are some diagnostics I can see, I might be better equipped to solve the issue or tell Support what's going on...

Thanks

Sure thing. Open up your Wacom tablet properties panel, Click on 'About' at the bottom of the panel, then click on Diagnose. Here you can select the device and monitor the inputs

ScotSolida

Postby ScotSolida » Thu 9. Feb 2017, 14:58

Well how about that? Thanks!

DaveLeDev

Postby DaveLeDev » Wed 22. Feb 2017, 22:27

Unfortunately, problems persist even with the latest drivers (6.3.20-7). While more stable, sometimes the right third of the screen won't register input, and 3DS Max commandeers all touch input (regardless of interaction settings) and breaks input. It necessitates losing focus of 3DS Max and toggling touch input. The older drivers (6.3.17-3) remain to be the most reliable.

Dinomightkaroar

Postby Dinomightkaroar » Sun 26. Feb 2017, 02:07

I can confirm this. 27QHDT user on windows 10. the 6.3.20-7 driver does not work.

Return to “Pen Displays”