New drivers posted for Mac and Win, version 6.3.25. Now supporting OSX High Sierra. Windows driver 6.3.25-3 has a known issue when using the WL Kit - this will be fixed soon. Download drivers and release notes here: http://www.wacom.com/support/product-support/drivers

Note: All users seeing wavy lines using a Wacom Pro Pen 2 with Wacom MSP, Cintiq/Intuos Pro 13” or 16”, please update the tablet pen firmware to address this issue. The update is now available via the Wacom Desktop Center application on your computer.

For clicking problems with Google Chrome see:
http://www.wacom.com/en-us/support?guid ... ListPage-1

Stylus still draws when hovering above Cintiq in Photoshop CC 2017

Cintiq and Cintiq Pro
Stingray

Stylus still draws when hovering above Cintiq in Photoshop CC 2017

Postby Stingray » Wed 26. Jul 2017, 10:25

I've been experiencing this problem ever since I upgraded to Photoshop CC 2017 earlier this year. There are many, many bugs that weren't there in the previous version of Ps CC 16 but this one issue is virtually rendering my Cintiq/Photoshop work virtually impossible. I am finding that when I lift my stylus away from the surface of my Cintiq 24HD the cursor still moves when the stylus is not in contact with the Cintiq screen surface. It does this randomly but most noticeable when I am adjusting the colour palette sliders when I am using the paintbrush. I adjust a slider but as I move the cursor away to resume painting it drags the slider with it even though I have lifted the stylus away from the surface. When I am drawing or painting, the brush leaves 'tails' as I move the brush away from the surface. The pen tool is almost impossible to use with the stylus pulling out nodes after i have created a point. I have managed to move the cursor around with the tip of the stylus up to about 5cm away from the surface. I have never had this issue before and it arrived with the upgrade of Photoshop CC back in January. I am assuming it's a Photoshop issue but possibly a Wacom/Cintiq driver issue...I just don't know. I've just updated the Cintiq driver software to no improvement (worse if anything). I am using a Mac running OS El Capitain 10.11.6. Has anybody else experienced this issue and have a fix for it? Many thanks in advance.

wacom1

Re: Stylus still draws when hovering above Cintiq in Photoshop CC 2017

Postby wacom1 » Wed 26. Jul 2017, 11:54

It sounds more like a pen issue actually. Open tablet driver -> About -> diagnose and check pen pressure when lifting the pen. If not touching the tablet, pressure should be close to zero. If not: pull out the nib, wipe it clean and put it back in, go to pen tip feel 'configure' settings and increase the value for click pressure treshold. If diagnostic still shows the problem, the pen should be repaired or exchanged.

tabletone

Postby tabletone » Wed 26. Jul 2017, 13:20

Wacom1 , Could you please answer to other questions ?

Are there thunderbolt 3 problems using dell xps 9560 and cintiq pro 16 ?

Stingray

Postby Stingray » Thu 27. Jul 2017, 07:32

Thanks for the reply Wacom1. The pressure is reading ok at 0% but I will do as you suggest and give the stylus tip a good clean to see if that makes a difference.

Return to “Pen Displays”