NEW tablet driver 6.3.23-4 for OSX released. For release notes use the link below the driver on the download page. Fixed: Problem mit modifiers on keyboard in combination with pentip, accidential double-clicks etc. Last update for an issue with ZBrush navigation.

New version for for Windows 6.3.23-1: Fixed various problems - zooming with expresskeys, 'driver not responding' error message and others.

For more details see the driver release notes on the driver download page.

Note: All users seeing wavy lines using a Wacom Pro Pen 2 with Wacom Cintiq Pro 13” or 16”, please update the tablet pen firmware to version 1.2.3.0 to address this issue. The update is now available via the Wacom Desktop Center application on your computer. - There is now also such a firmware update for MobileStudio Pro for this issue.

recognition problems after MacOS Update 10.12.6

Cintiq and Cintiq Pro
natroemer

recognition problems after MacOS Update 10.12.6

Postby natroemer » Sat 29. Jul 2017, 15:10

After installing the 10.12.6 Update for MacOs Sierra the Cintiq 21UX2 can't be found by the system (as a tablet, nevertheless it still works finely as a monitor). Even after I've been installing the latest driver from Wacom the computer tells me there was no tablet. Has anybody else this problem? If so, were you able to find a solution?

wacom4

Re: recognition problems after MacOS Update 10.12.6

Postby wacom4 » Mon 31. Jul 2017, 07:49

Can you please:
1) Unplug your Cintiq
2) Uninstall the old driver with the Wacom Preference File Utility?
3) Reboot your Mac (I know, this is unusual)
4) Install the latest driver
5) Plug in the Cintiq

Does this work?

natroemer

Postby natroemer » Mon 31. Jul 2017, 08:23

Thank you very much for your help. Meanwhile I got a hint from a friend who had a similar problem. In his case all his audio equipment had disappeared after the installation of 10.12.6. He found out you have to restart the system by pressing the Command and ”R“ key and then one has to choose ”reinstall macos“ - exactly the same system, that knocked out my Wacom driver. Don't ask me why, but it's working, I can use my pen display as good as before.

wacom4

Postby wacom4 » Mon 31. Jul 2017, 08:31

Thanks for this feedback!
Sometimes OS updates (both macOS and Windows ;) ) tend to affect the computer and it's installed software....

Happy to hear that everything works again!

Best regards,

Customer Support, Wacom Europe GmbH

natroemer

Postby natroemer » Mon 31. Jul 2017, 08:35

>Happy to hear that everything works again!

Me too! :D

Best regards, have a nice day!

exLadadriver

Postby exLadadriver » Wed 2. Aug 2017, 06:08

I have the same cintiq model and I am curious if the wavy line problem and sticky keys is solved on 10.12.6. I would like to update, but I'm afraid to find there are the very same bugs... For me is the second time I have to downgrade... All works ok for you?

natroemer

Postby natroemer » Wed 2. Aug 2017, 09:50

exLadadriver wrote:I have the same cintiq model and I am curious if the wavy line problem and sticky keys is solved on 10.12.6. I would like to update, but I'm afraid to find there are the very same bugs... For me is the second time I have to downgrade... All works ok for you?

In my case the reinstallation of 10.12.6 resolved all my problems. But I have to emphasize that I really had to install the upgrade a second time, because the first installation just created the problems I had to eliminate.

exLadadriver

Postby exLadadriver » Thu 3. Aug 2017, 05:13

natroemer wrote:In my case the reinstallation of 10.12.6 resolved all my problems. But I have to emphasize that I really had to install the upgrade a second time, because the first installation just created the problems I had to eliminate.

Thank you so much! I will try a clean install

JAHScintiq

Postby JAHScintiq » Tue 8. Aug 2017, 01:44

wacom4 wrote:Can you please:
1) Unplug your Cintiq
2) Uninstall the old driver with the Wacom Preference File Utility?
3) Reboot your Mac (I know, this is unusual)
4) Install the latest driver
5) Plug in the Cintiq

Does this work?

I just updated to MacOS Sierra 10.12.5 and now my display does not recognize the pen and I get the message "A supported tablet was not found on the system." I uninstalled the drivers, rebooted the mac, installed the latest driver today and plugged the Cintiq back in and still no luck. I tried this on my Imac and my Macbook and have the same issue on both.
My USB cord is firmly plugged in and no sign of wear or tear.
Any help would be appreciated!

wacom4

Postby wacom4 » Tue 8. Aug 2017, 11:58

After this update we had some customers who needed to install macOS Sierra from scratch to get the system working as expected...
Maybe this helps in your case as well?

Return to “Pen Displays”