NEW tablet driver 6.3.23-4 for OSX released. For release notes use the link below the driver on the download page. Fixed: Problem mit modifiers on keyboard in combination with pentip, accidential double-clicks etc. Last update for an issue with ZBrush navigation.

New version for for Windows 6.3.23-1: Fixed various problems - zooming with expresskeys, 'driver not responding' error message and others.

For more details see the driver release notes on the driver download page.

Note: All users seeing wavy lines using a Wacom Pro Pen 2 with Wacom Cintiq Pro 13” or 16”, please update the tablet pen firmware to version 1.2.3.0 to address this issue. The update is now available via the Wacom Desktop Center application on your computer. - There is now also such a firmware update for MobileStudio Pro for this issue.

Cintiq 21 UX DTK-2100 Fails to Detect Pen

Cintiq and Cintiq Pro
Ashenwisp

Cintiq 21 UX DTK-2100 Fails to Detect Pen

Postby Ashenwisp » Sun 30. Jul 2017, 00:56

Hello, my Cintiq 21 UX DTK-2100 fails to detect my grip pen. The display is fine and the express keys work. I am using windows 10 with the latest driver of 6.3.23-1. This is my first time trying to set up this tablet. The display is recognized as a Generic PnP monitor and the input is recognized as a HID-compliant mouse (DTK-2100). Thank you so much for your help!

wacom4

Re: Cintiq 21 UX DTK-2100 Fails to Detect Pen

Postby wacom4 » Mon 31. Jul 2017, 07:46

Does the eraser side of the pen work?
When you open the Wacom Tablet Properties, click on ABOUT. In the ABOUT window choose DIAGNOSE. Is the pen shown? Does it show any pressure?
Is the eraser side different from the pen tip?

Ashenwisp

Postby Ashenwisp » Tue 1. Aug 2017, 04:33

Hello,

Thank you so much for your help!

The eraser side of the pen does not work.
The pen is not shown. The pen shows pressure as 0%.
The eraser side is not shown. The eraser shows pressure as 0%.

My computer now recognizes my "monitor" as a Cintiq 21 UX 2 in "devices"!
The Wacom Desktop Center does not recognize my device as having been connected.
The Wacom Display Settings does not recognize my device as having been connected.

wacom4

Postby wacom4 » Tue 1. Aug 2017, 06:43

When the driver opens the diagnostics and you can choose the Cintiq 21, then the driver works as expected.
And I'm right with my assumption that there is no other Wacom device connected, correct?

The Cintiq is not necessarily shown in the Device Manager as such.
And it is not supported by the Wacom Desktop Center or the Display Settings.

This sounds like either the digitizer or the pen is defect.
Do you have a chance to test the pen on any compatible Wacom Device? (Intuos 4 / Intuos 5 / Intuos Pro / ..)? Or do you have any other KP-Pen (Art Pen, Airbrush, Classic Pen, Grip Pen, Pro Pen) available to test the Cintiq?
Otherwise I would risk to order a new Pen (e.g. KP-501E) and test it immediately after the purchase so you can return it if the Cintiq turns out to be defect.

Return to “Pen Displays”